Titans Returns deluxe Mindwipe

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by PlanckEpoch, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Chucez

Chucez Well-Known Member

Anyone else have a slight loose head connection for the Titan Master? Vorath has a sort of front - to -back wiggle in the head socket.

edit - If I make the Vorath's head face the same way as Mindwipe's head, then it's not floppy. So I don't know. i didn't have to rotate Skullcruncher's head 180ยบ in order to get it to sit in the head port the way it's supposed to.

2. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did that fan mode that puts apeface's jet mode on the front, and I added to it, by placing his shield over the bat face. its so damn good its almost intentional looking. the back of the bat head even has a spot that looks like you can store the weapon but its jnust a tad too big, but it will hold it.

Impressive...that jet mode looks VERY good with apeface and the shield on top. even the shields blasters point forward...

3. Galva12

Galva12 Galvatron's "YES" Men

4. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Mediocre bat mode with an awesome robot mode. Not my favorite in the line but a good addition.

The negatives in robot mode are minor. The feet on my figure aren't stable. He leans forward or back and I wish his claw shield weapon would tab onto his arm. The 5mm port sticks out to much.

5. Chucez

Chucez Well-Known Member

So do you guys not have floppy Voraths when he's pegged in?

6. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

Try rotating the head 180 degrees.

7. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Dope!

Also, if you use Vorath inside Apeface, it pulls the color scheme together better.

Nice find.

8. Chucez

Chucez Well-Known Member

I did this, but it seems unnatural. I added some future to the port,but i didn't do anything. I guess i'll go with the 180

9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I was disappointed in the lack of articulation in bat mode. However by untabbing the legs and wings, it's a lot more fun!

10. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Nope his legs in little robot mode are loose but the ball joint in the head isn't. No bobble head.

11. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I just got Mindwipe the other day.

I do like his bat mode having articulated wings and how they can fold in for when he's just "resting" but I wish the bat head at least had some up and down articulation for flight poses. One thing I do find fantastic in this mode is that the Titanmaster canopy is shaped a like a coffin which is perfect for the "hypnotizing vampire" bat motif.

His robot mode is allright but I think somewhat loose ankles are a bit of a letdown and at least on mine, his waist and hip joints are a bit loose. Also his shield has a loose peg and it flops around when I have it connected to the side of his arm.

Those being said, he's an ok figure. Not the best but far from the worst. I'm just not sure if it will be worth getting as Convobat but at least I have a little more time to talk myself into getting him. :D 

12. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was kinda lukewarm with him at 1st. this one really grows on ya.

wanna like it more? go get your figure and pull up pics of a G1 mindwipe..hot damn they nailed it.

13. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh, so disappointed with this one. Robot mode proportions feel off. Bat mode is fine but there are some weird design choices here: the robot feet just fold up, looking bad. There are holes in his rubber wings that look like they should peg in, but the pegs are not even close. The tail-weapon doesn't stay plugged in.

He's just 'ok', but not fun to me. I think I might cancel my Bat Primal, don't really need this mold.

14. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Everything pegs together super securely - even the rubber pegs that don't seem to line up. They do.

This guy rocks though the feet not having a metal pin is a bummer.

15. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    This is another home run in the Titans Return line. He easily has the best robot mode of the Wave 2 Deluxes.

16. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks! Not sure what was going wrong, but they do peg in now. Have no clue why I didn't get it all aligned the first try.
    Still, the tail/gun doesn't stay pegged in on mine. Future to the rescue, I guess.

17. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find that the tail stays pushed in because the bat legs are supporting it. Actually have to wriggle it in there after fully transforming him.

18. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    I've had Mindwipe for about a week now and I can't get over how great this figure really is.

He easily has the best Bot mode in Wave 2. Bat mode looks great too. Fun to play with in both modes. The transformation is awesome too. So intuitive.

Mindwipe may be giving Weirdwolf a run for his money as the best Deluxe in Wave 2.

19. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

My biggest complaint is the tiny, shortened thighs. The robot mode would look better with long ones, and I could get more poses in bat mode. Aside from that, fantastic figure. I actually like him a little better than Skullcruncher.

• Like Like x 1
  20. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

I, too, had the loose feet issue, but was able to stiffen them up with super glue. I do wish his "shield" thing could attach to his arm in a cooler way. The peg is too long and makes it stick out too far. It's a super badass weapon that has no good way to be used.