Titans Return Voyager Megatron and Doomshot

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Snake_eyes1975, Nov 13, 2016.

1. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I imagine we'll see Blitzwing tomorrow: I wonder if it'll be as simple as turning the Torso piece the other way round in the U frame that comes down from the shoulders under the body?

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Can the guns actually plug into the top of the torso? Like any dedicated place to clip or plug them in?

3. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    In what way do you mean?

4. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    there are 2x 5mm holes on top of his shoulders, if that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    If you mean to give him shoulder cannons, then yes. They're perfectly spaced to give him a G2 Tank Megs shoulder gun, and exist only to do so.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see this mold for Blitzwing.

7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I meant via 5MM ports on the side of his neck, someone posted pics after I asked in another thread and bagofshhh/SPLIT LIP confirmed here too

8. Arduous

Arduous Megatron Rules All TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fantastic figure!

IMG_1976.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  9. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Galvatron (G1)

Still looks wrong to see an autobot logo on megatron

• Like Like x 3
  10. mataleben

mataleben Member

I saw this guy at Walmart a couple days ago, and yesterday I went to buy one. After I opened it, realized it had an issue where the left arm can't peg into place in jet mode, so I exchanged it for another one. I went through 4 of them at two different Walmarts, and they all had the exact same problem. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any way to tell if it's bad while it's in the packaging, and I'm not sure how widespread this issue is.

• Like Like x 1
  11. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Galvatron (G1)

they all have that issue,

• Like Like x 1
  12. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

This is the Megatron in my collection, I needed a Classics Megatron that looked like the original but didn't have a stupid gun mode. He scales well with CW Optimus and looks quite nice surrounded by his troops on the shelves. Can't wait for the Blitzwing retool cause I now know he is far superior to the Thrilling 30 Blitzwing/Doubledealer.

• Like Like x 1
  13. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    I LOVE this mold. Megatron is great and Blitzwing will be killer. All the modes are great (if you were a fan of G1 since we are used to the caveats made to get the three modes).

• Like Like x 1
  14. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Just got this guy on a whim and am quite happy with him. I'm wondering how effectively I could paint him to homage G2 Megatron in tank mode and Machine Wars Megatron/Megaplex in Jet mode. Although without the stripes he's already most of the way for a MW homage.

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I picked up Megatron this afternoon from Walmart, and it's a little bit of a mixed bag for me.

First and foremost, this is an excellent CHUG and/or Lost Light Megatron. As a robot, I'm quite impressed with it, plus on mine at least, lots of tight joints. While the stickers are actually well placed on mine, like most people, I would've vastly preferred tampos and if they had to be stickers for whatever reason, that they would've been less shiny and more matte, so that they wouldn't look quite so visually jarring. Had the titan master compatible gun been given the same glossy black that the regular cannon got, that also would've been really nice too.

It's a surprisingly involved transformation to both Jet and Tank, though not difficult. However, both require some high tolerances to be just right and at least on mine, they're not quite perfect. A perfect example of this is on mine, even with the leg doors swung open all the way, I still have to push around it to get the feet in; on mine at least there isn't quite enough clearance to swing the feet in cleanly. In Tank mode, the wings tend to not quite totally fit into the shoulder slot for them, in jet mode, getting both sides to do the entire arm peg and slot process tends not to be total, and there's some gap every time I've tried it. Also, this is the first Titans Return figure that I'm really disappointed in the Titan Master inclusion in alt modes. The Tank just has him sitting there with his head exposed as an easy target and the Jet mode requires him to be arms down and is barely visible at all in an undetailed non-existent except as storage cockpit. Against his kin, that's rather a let down.

I'm also not the biggest fan of the jet mode. It's a wonderful looking MIG except for the robot arms which just have no where to go.

Like I said though, I love the robot mode. Even if the alt modes aren't 100%, they do easily look like what they're supposed to be and frankly, since I was a kid, I loathed that Megs was a dinky gun, so even if he is stealing Blitzwings deal, at least he looks good doing it. Speaking of which, I won't be upgrading my Blitzwing from the Thrilling 30, this mold would've had to have blown me out of the water to do that, but since it doesn't, it means that Blitzwing and Megatron have very different molds, even if they do have the same idea of alt-modes, further differentiating them for any display I include them both in.

Overall, though, I'm very glad I got it and that I found it at retail with virtually no effort.

• Like Like x 1
  16. GoLion

GoLion -Sad Panda-

News Credits:
    I really hope we get a variety of repro stickers for this guy. Personally, I'm tired of the autobot stuff. There are other characters this could be turned into with the proper sticker set.

17. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Leg doors should have been hinged on the outside of the leg, allowing both to be opened and have the upper legs folded through at the same time, rather than hinged on the inside, where the doors open and clash against each other.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, as it stands the doors have to be opened 180 to get the feet in whilst the legs are still extended, then closed to 90 so the legs can retract after the feet, then finally closed up completely. It's an odd sequence. Not really bad, just odd.

Also, harping on the arms under the wings is a little unfair. After all they have to go somewhere, and at least they don't look like arms and the tank trends face in. It's better than Thrilling 30 BW's arms just sitting up top with barely an effort to disguise them as... Something not arms.

I also thought the TM in the jet cockpit was brilliant. It's under detailed yes but it is a very tight space, and you can only see his head anyway. It's far better than, say, a giant translucent block on his back with a little guy inside like every other Voyager thus far. It doesn't even look like a functioning cockpit at first because it's so streamlined and unobtrusive.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  19. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just opened mine to take a quick look before I get home.
    Pretty solid, and not a bad build. Lots of potential that I plan to bring out on the workbench.

Those shoulder pylons are completely unnecessary, though. I know they don't need to be deployed, but they just don't need to be there to begin with. I'd have rather had something like Astrotrain's gimmick.
    I also hate the split cannon. The black sectiob is pretty sweet, but the rear seat piece is awful.

20. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like the front Cannon, the seat piece could do with some black paint

• Like Like x 1