Here's my fix for Trypticon's hips. For this "operation," I used two different sized phillips screwdrivers (to disassemble the hips), wire cutters (to cut the springs in half), automotive grease (to be applied in the ratchet well and on the ratchets), and a cotton swab (used to apply the grease). 1) Disassemble the hips. 2) Remove the ratchets and springs. 3) Cut the springs in half. Each hip will only get half a spring. 4) Apply a generous amount of grease in the ratchet well, on the ratchet teeth, and wherever there are moving/sliding parts in the hip ratchet area. 5) Reassemble. Tips: Take photos of the hips BEFORE you disassemble them and also during disassembly. This comes in handy for when you have to put everything back together. Use the correct size screwdrivers to prevent stripping the screw heads. After putting everything back together, be sure to clean off any excess grease -- this is especially important if you haven't applied the stickers yet. Results: After performing this "operation," my hips turned A LOT easier while still retaining its ratchet clicking. I turned the hips around DOZENS of times in both directions. I then took the hips apart to inspect the inside of the ratchet well to see if anything was damaged -- NOTHING, everything seemed to be fine. My only complaint was that I couldn't get both hips to have the same ratcheting tension. One hip seemed a bit tighter than the other. I wasn't sure if this was because of the spring or because of something else. Either way, this was a huge improvement and I can now turn Trypticon's hips without worry of damage.