Titans Return Trypticon First Full Image

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Feb 13, 2017.

1. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

Sharkticons, dude.

• Like Like x 1
  2. NickSeibertron

NickSeibertron Well-Known Member

Wow. Looks like we\'re branching into Breastmaster territory, now.

3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    Well it really comes down to where is Trypticon's butt. I mean, he's *based* on a dinosaur but does that mean he's 100% accurate to how a dinosaur operates? I mean this isn't Beast Wars where Rhinox was a fully organic rhinoceros complete with digestive tract.

This is more like Prometheus where emergency aid is needed to remove the Titanmaster through the quickest means possible. Especially since, as with Prometheus, it normally isn't expecting to be in this mess.

Hey hey hey. We're already discussing how he poops, let's leave the breasts out of this.

Never thought it'd be Trypticon of all things that'd break into a T&A thread.

• Like Like x 3
  4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is an absolute must buy. I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never knew I wanted a trypticon until now. I love the effort put in this release and which ever release has the most paint applications or proper colors will be the one I buy. If anyone thinks it's too G1, then just don't buy it.

6. Tenion the Offender

Tenion the Offender straightdome

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    For one, full look at the dino mode from all angles, including better posing that not only solve my worries about the articulation (his arms CAN move outward after all!) but also give a far more accurate idea of what he will look like. The posing in particular is important, because while it might not be a full range, it guarantees that it will not just be stuck on your shelf in one pose. Something that the other Citybot Titans suffer from, because while they have more articulation then Trypticon, the implementation is poor enough to insure that they will just stand there in the same pose on your display. That's the magic of decent hip range and ankle articulation. :lol 

Aside from that, improvements over the old modes while at the same time coming up with fun new gimmicks. And, most importantly: it doesn't (seem to) suffer from the same problems that the other city Titans did. The overall style succeeds much more at suggesting that it's a giant entity, while also evading the hollowness problem that plagues Transformers as a whole these days by making it work in the design's favor.

Of course, we will have to wait and see what it will actually look like in hand, but so far I am really impressed by it. It's not like, say, CW Devastator where the first bad impression (for me) stayed true for the full reveal and in hand pictures of it.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Bought on sight and hopefully a 3rd party does do Brunt. But all and all Oh Hell YEAH!!!!

9. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Yes, it's sad thinking how much better they could have done Fortress with little effort.
    Speaking of Trypticon, he looks so much better than in the firstleaked picture, and the eating gimmick is very funny. My only two gripes is that arms and legs outward movements seem limited as I feared and we still don't have an official height comparison with Metroplex.

10. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So who's going to pay $149 for this knowing Metroplex dropped to $75 prior to Christmas, could be had for $99 just about anywhere other than Ripoff R US, and ended up being sold for $50 at Ross stores?

Will Hasbro keep Trypticon scarce to keep the price up?

Hasbro could just be a good company and price Trypticon at $99 instead of gouging us to death, BUT THEY HAVE TO KEEP UP THEIR RECORD STOCK JUMPING REVENUE!!!!

11. MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN

MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  12. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Yea this is mine. Mine mine mine mine!! When does this drop?

13. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

Right. Brain was thinking, "The first time I've seen this as a functional feature in toy form," but I typed something else.

• Like Like x 3
  14. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glad the arms have better articulation and the grey might be darker than the initial picture showed.

Hasbro version is likely to be my purchase. Takara will have to offer a whole lot more for me to entertain that $75 price tag boost for their version.

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    A spaceship mode. Yay!

• Like Like x 1
  16. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you so much fellow Trypticon voters - you made this happen! It's so beautiful!

• Like Like x 5
  17. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I\'ve come to terms with Hasbro\'s inability to make reptile tails.
    That said, I\'m still gonna buy it.

18. Spether

Spether Well-Known Member

Just look at all those stickers. Glorious!

19. Chucez

Chucez Well-Known Member

Base mode is sooo much nicer than fort max. The only decision I have left to make is whether to buy retail, SDCC or Takara version.

Edit: assuming that Takara and SDCC versions will be available.

20. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

I was also disappointed by how Fort Max turned out, but that was a typical HasTak attempt to get the most out of an existing mold.

The surprising thing is that Trypticon, like Devastator, feels built from the ground up to perfectly homage the G1 toy/character (minus the Headmaster gimmick). Surprising because it's not a Masterpiece.

I know it's somewhat of an apples/oranges comparison, and Voltron is loaded with diecast, but $300 gets you a (beautiful) 10-inch SOC Voltron. $150 gets you a nearly 2-foot tall purple robot dinosaur that transforms into a base. And eats your other toys.

• Like Like x 2