Titans Return Triggerhappy and Getaway/Breakaway in Hand

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't get too excited by a Takara rescue, he's even more bland in the animation. Takara might just skip him.

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    That's what I just said.

He's a major character in Masterforce, and seeing how all-out Takara went with Super Ginrai, I don't see them releasing this completely phoned-in figure as Lightfoot. If it's not financially viable to remold him into something more representative of the character -- and honestly, I don't see what they could realistically do -- I wouldn't be surprised if they just pass on this figure completely and hold out for a better figure at some point down the road.

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    White Chromedome is nothing more than a white Chromedome.

Triggerhappy looks fantastic.

Can we expect this to be retooled into Misfire?

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Well, given what they had to work with, a lot of the color placements are in the same places in robot mode - the chest is a bit of a cheat I'll admit but the yellow over magenta mimics the original toy's chest. All that's missing, really, is blue on the arms and magenta for the lower shins, easily a job for Reprolabels. Alternatively, the legs could be solved by inverting them somehow because if they were reversed so the toes were the heels, that also gets magenta into the right place.

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I don't care about the legs, the chest, the arms, anything. Without the shoulders, there's no point. It's having the shoulders that is the one defining visual trait of the character.

Pretty much any other figure in this line, no matter where they've had to stretch or adapt, you can tell who it's supposed to be, even without being told the name. Alpha Trion, Highbrow, Chromedome, whoever... you can see the figure without being told the name, and still know exactly who it is.

But if I saw this figure without having already been told it's supposed to be Getaway, I honestly don't think I would ever guess. I don't think the racing stripes in vehicle mode would be enough to give it away, and that's really all the hint we are given here. I would probably guess it was meant to be a new, original character, or some obscure G2 era character I was unfamiliar with.

That doesn't make it a bad toy in and of itself, and I'm not trying to change the minds of people who are looking forward to it, but to me, it looks like nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Toys need to be repainted and not every character will lend their appearance well to another unrelated character. Chromedome was never repainted into anyone originally so whoever did get repainted from Chromedome would pretty much be Chromedome in different colors.

I agree that Getaway's shoulders are the most iconic thing about his appearance but there will be times that a repaint will lose a character's iconic appearance and sometimes even a new mold designed to be a character in the first place will lose a character's iconic appearance simply due to a new/different transformation. Classics Grimlock doesn't look much like the original Grimlock for example. It happens. Breakaway is just one of countless characters it has happened to and will continue to happen to.

Think of Breakaway as a new different character to Getaway maybe. Or that with a new name comes a new appearance. Personally, I think I will imagine Breakaway as being Getaway's Cybertronian mode before he gains his earth vehicle mode.

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, but I guess the problem for me here is that Chromedome's vehicle mode was captured so perfectly and is so distinctive a car. I mean, with those things on the side of the car, you could see an unpainted prototype and still instantly know it's going to be Chromedome. It fits him too well to fit anyone else at all.

As for Getaway/Lightfoot, I'm not a completist, so I can wait. I waited nearly 30 years for Chromedome, I can wait a little longer for a decent Lightfoot.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Getaway, getaway, i'm your getaway...
    He needs the blue arms and shoulderpads. But what he really needs are his teammates, cause even if he looked perfect i doubt i would buy him without being able to buy his buddies unless to put on the IDW shelf.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know this is a collectors board and we generally collect characters, but sometimes we might forget kids buy these too.

Getaway could be called Steve and my son would still like him as he likes the car mode and he likes the color and has no idea who gathered character is trying to be.

10. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    Getaway looks bad for me, doesn't help that I doesn't like his arm joint.

TRIGGERHAPPY IS A MUST. It's a blue jet that can have arm gun and faceplated head! He can be called anything and I'd still buy him!

11. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Why not appeal to both kids and adult collectors? Kids would equally be happy with something that appeals to adult collectors. And while we are aware that kids buy these as well, we don't argue from the viewpoint of kids, we are all adults here.

• Like Like x 1
  12. G1primus01

G1primus01 Til all are 1

I really like the look of trigger happy hope they make misfire and slugslinger.

13. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Slugslinger is rumored. Still no sign anywhere of Misfire.

14. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I was as surprised as anyone that Chromedome was being used for Getaway. I thought that Chromedome would be given a new torso and head and turned into Arcee based on that mock-up drawing.

15. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

Like many others here, I share in the opinion that Triggerhappy is a great-looking update of the G1 character/toy. I also agree that Getaway is very plain and disappointing. That problem is something that I'm pretty sure Toyhax/ReproLabels will alleviate.

The Titans Return line, in general, continues to impress. My only continued gripes are that everyone is now a HeadMaster and that these new versions are much smaller than their G1 progenitors, I wish they were Voyager-sized. My complaint about the lack of proper PowerMasters & TargetMasters is tempered by the fact that most of the characters that were transitioned & made into HeadMasters don't look that bad. PM Optimus & Leader Blaster are two of the best updates in recent years, though CHUG Blaster is still a good figure. TR Galavtron's whole head & helmet arrangement and unpainted Megatron/Titan remain the low-point of the line to me, although I consider the cannon & bot-modes very good.

I'm in anticipation of the next waves of Titans Returns figures like Sixshot, Perceptor, Brawn, Gnaw, Kickback, etc. I also wish that Hasbro would re-make Ironhide & Ratchet updates as TR Deluxes as their CHUG versions were sub-par & the CW versions are not even vans. They could be made to have G1-toy "headless" configurations and have their TitanMasters/drivers sit behind their van-windshields in alt-mode! As re-paints with a simple TitanMaster face re-mold it would be a profitable & relatively simple thing for them to do.

At any rate, I look forward to this line continuing. :D 

16. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    This truth has always seemed self-evident to me.

Wholeheartedly agreed!

17. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I'd rather see a remold of Deluxe Arcee with a new mold Daniel Witwicky that becomes her head.

18. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, the conversation had gone down a "this isn't that character" road and I was just saying, sure maybe this is a somewhat "lazy" name slap but sometimes it's just an excuse to put out a neat mold in a more appealing deco.

I like the mold a lot, and as a collector I'm down with the brown on beige deco but I can see why kids my not like it. This allows Hasbro to push out a deco that might have a broader "toy appeal".

19. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Every ones talking about the figures and I'm over here figuring out if that's a KO Lego box that the monitor is on.

20. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Yes, but Hasbro have been sparing with the paint apps for some of the Titans Return toys. If Takara were to use the Chromedome mold, I would expect a lot more color, accurately painted to match the anime character as much as the mold will allow. The most key changes in color being blue arms, red/pink shins, dark grey head, mouthplate, waist, legs and toes. His fake windscreen would also be lower down than on the Hasbro toy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016