Minor/Repaint: Titans Return Siren From Generations Nightbeat

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by roguesaint, Aug 10, 2017.

1. roguesaint

roguesaint Reconnaissance Expert

News Credits:
    Whelp...It was bound to happen sooner or later. I finally popped my Radicon-Virgin-Cherry and made a custom Titans Return Siren. Had always wanted a Generations Siren repainted from Hasbro, and since it seems Hasbro's not getting around to it any time soon, I decided to do it myself. Never had the G1 toy so looked at a bunch of pictures, and some of the other Radicon posts here to get an idea of how to paint it. Pictures below and my steps included. Certainly not perfect, but I'm fairly happy with the result for my frst custom. Enjoy.

IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0606.JPG

IMG_0604.JPG

What I Used
    • Generations Nightbeat (was a super cheap mold to customize)
    • Titans Return Loudmouth
    • Insane Design's Shapeways Detective Adapter
    • Flat Gray, Flat Red, and Flat Sky Blue Testors Paint & a red permanent marker
    How I did It (Worked on and off on it over a few months)
    1. Took the figure a part, using a soldering iron to remove the harder to reach pins, using different pliers and a push pin on the easer ones.
    2. Washed and cleaned the parts
    3. Painted the necessary parts the desired colors (at least two coats)
    4. 'painted' the transparent parts with the red permanent marker and painted a coat of future finish to seal it
    5. Used a combination of clear coat and future finish to seal the rest of the figure.
    6. Reassembled the figure
    Other Things To Do
    • Waiting on A Shapeways chest piece from GlauGworks to give a more G1 Look to his chest. Will Post when attached.
    • Need to do some painting on the headlights and tail lights still. Maybe some bumber work.
    • Waiting on Reprolabels sitckers (the G1 set, not the TR custom kit) to sticker him up.
    • May parts swap from a KO Goshooter if I ever come across one, to get a different blue on a few parts.
    • need to find a light bar that would work for this. Open to suggestions.
    I might also try these paints on a TR Breakaway to see if I like it better. Need to save up some money though before I do that.

Good luck to anyone else who tries this.

• Like Like x 5
  2. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very nice work!

3. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Awesome first custom! The gray makes him look bulked up.