Titans Return Seaspray

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Snake_eyes1975, May 13, 2017.

1. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    2's for a stand, loads of Transformers have them.

The Transformation of the body is a B*****. Difficult to get the tabs out of the slots to bend the rear half of the hovercraft out. And again difficult to get tabs (on the arm?) out the same slot going back to robot mode.

Two right thighs on mine. Minor error but now I see it......

2. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I dunno. Weird place for a stand. Most of the time, they put those on the ass part of the figure, not the back of the vehicle mode.

3. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Between this dude and Bumblebee, Hasbro is having a devil of a time lately matching their yellow paint and plastics.

4. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Don't forget Weirdwolf.

5. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don't think it's that they don't care. Often times what happens is that paint decisions are calibrated for one color of plastic under (since no paint is completely opaque), and then at some point late in the production process, a plastic color is changes for some reason (cost saving, sprue, etc). It seems like Bumblebee was originally going to have translucent windows, so the yellow was calibrated for a much lighter plastic then the black they used (it therefore would have had translucent wheels like Wheelie, since it seems gone are the days of TFs getting a separate plastic just for wheels :(  )

If you look at the CG renders Hasbro posted for Seaspray, originally the entire back of him was yellow. They changed the lower back area to white, and my guess is that the head is on the same sprue. So they realized the had to paint it late in the game, and maybe didn't have time to mix a new batch of yellow and instead used an existing one.

This is all just me speculating. SEASPeculating. ...I'll see myself out.

• Like Like x 2
  6. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It ends up near his backside in robot mode. And don't forget some people display the toys in vehicle mode so it needs to be underneath there whereas his actual waist piece is inside the vehicle.

7. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Im not a Legends completist by any means, but he looks so damn good l may pick up BB just to have all the MiniBots updated figures. Now we need a mo bettah Warpath, use this tf scheme as a basic layout instead of that remoldedd megs

• Like Like x 1
  8. big hank

News Credits:
    Picked him up today, it's stupid how awesome he is! He's not the most articulated, he's not the coolest looking, but man so great!

• Like Like x 1
  9. LoserBroadside

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This pudgy-'lil-troublemaker is gonna go great with my other pudgy-'lil-troublemaker Gnaw.

10. MuscleRobo

MuscleRobo Member

Been searching everywhere for this guy but distribution is garbage near me. Might drive a few towns over and make a trip of it; something like "well I'm going to this museum so I didn't drive 45 minutes just to see what the Target's over here are like!"

• Like Like x 1
  11. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Yeah, mine has that too. It's like those misprints you get in comics all the time.

12. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    I have to say that HasTak has absolutely knocked it out of the park w/the Titans Return line.

Especially the Leader and Legends class figures.

Seaspray is yet another absolutely exceptional Legends class figure in the TR line. He evokes the character wonderfully in both modes, highly articulated, and fun transformation.

I absolutely love this figure.

Highly recommended. Do not let yourself miss out.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    I LOVE this little guy. A G2 Seaspray was one of my first ever Transformers, and this is just bringing the nostalgia for me. If only his blue was chromed, he'd be perfect.

[​IMG]

HFTD Sea Spray was a great toy, but this is the new definitive Seaspray in my collection.

The do look good together though. And he fits perfectly in the back of the voyager. There are two angled blocks intended for the Breacher figure Sea Spray was partnered with, and the angles fit the new Seaspray like a glove.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And even Seaspray is confused by his techspec card, even with Gnaw's (attempted) help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He likes the art though.

[​IMG]

Also, I think the Cybertronian on his arms says 'Alanna', a reference to Alana from the G1 episode, 'Sea Change'. She was Seaspray's love interest, so it makes sense a sailor like him would tattoo her name on his biceps :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  14. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    Random little-known useless fact that I learned today:

The hovercraft is actually considered an aircraft and not a sea ship. It carries an aircraft pilot and not a sea captain.

Therefore the "Seaspray is a sailor" reference is overblown.

• Like Like x 1
  15. LoserBroadside

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That...makes a lot of sense. I will admit that it always kinda bugged me that he spoke like he was gargling water, despite the whole point being that his vehicle floats on a cushion of air.

But then a lot of stuff in the show didn't make a lot of sense. Like, eh, him turning into a merman...

• Like Like x 2
  16. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    I was fiddling with Seaspray today trying to get the hatch for the Titan Master figure opened when this happened:

[​IMG]

I'm not sure if this is an intentional design or not or if it's just my copy that does this, but it definitely isn't broken. The propeller section pegs in and out of there quite easily. It also gives easier access to turn the head back and forth as well:

[​IMG]

In addition to that, the propeller section can also tab into his arm as a sort of weird looking "double propeller of doom" weapon:

[​IMG]

Either way, it's a cool little feature that's most likely unintentional

• Like Like x 3
  17. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    THATS SWEEET! good find. gunna mess with mine now.

Ahh..The big LCACs are indeed manned by a flight crew...and the driver IS in fact called a Pilot..But LCACs are Navy and Marine vessels primarily used for maritime assault and supply over water. they dont really traverse land much. Seaspray is a water guy all the way.

You wanna see some cool shit? Look up the old russian ekranoplan. The Russians made these...damn they are nuts..These Hydrofoil esque jets that skimmed the surface of the water. They had all sorts of plans for them but they project was eventually scrapped. One of em was an absolute monster of a man made vehicle.

• Like Like x 3
  18. big hank

News Credits:
    I live in Fort Lauderdale and we used to have awesome Air and Sea aviation shows on the beach. The Marines used to do mock beach invasions and landings with those huge hovercraft right up to the beach and deploy soldiers. They are huge and make an ominous motor/whirring noise. So cool.

• Like Like x 2
  19. LoserBroadside

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm a huge fan of the ekranoplan (ekranofan?). I feel like a lot of the Thembrian aircraft from Tailspin were based on them (even though they weren't REALLY aircraft). I believe the principle at play in keeping the ekranoplans aloft is known as "ground-effect."

• Like Like x 1
  20. LoserBroadside

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Neither here nor there, but if anyone was feeling down about not having found Seaspray yet, let me make you feel better: I ordered one from China. According to the tracking info, after a week it was a 20 minute drive from my apartment on the East Coast. It went out for delivery Friday, when for some reason they decided to turn around and ship it to City of Industry California! After a call to the post office help center, it's theoretically on it's way back. When? Who knows.