Heavy/Scratch: Titans Return Leader Megatron (Shapeways)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by fakebusker83, Nov 16, 2016.

1. ultraman zoffy

ultraman zoffy Well-Known Member

Agreed. As neat as these upgrades are, $39 for the feet alone isn't worth it. Not sure how Shapeways pricing works, so I'm definitely not accusing the designer of overcharging or anything just to be clear.

2. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    An incredibly creative yet elegantly simple conversion kit. Nice work, man.

3. CyberDragon10K

CyberDragon10K Predacon Rising

Shapeways is too rich for me, but I love the work you do. Muzzle and feet at least should become an official injection molded 3rd party product.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this looks amazing, but those feet are expensive!!!

5. cloudballoon

cloudballoon Well-Known Member

I love everything except the face sculpt. But the rest... are just incredibly well done! A great original & creative take on this mold.

6. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That KBB Megatron KO sports a black and purple deco... could get that guy and then add the kit to him.

That aside, if this kit existed back when he was more readily available, I'd be interested. This kit works leagues better than those 3rd Party kits do, namely because it stores in alt mode. Also adds neat gimmicks. Definitely makes him a worthy foe to PM Prime. Great stuff as always fakebusker.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  7. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    I was thinking the same thing the other day! A little bit of lime green and perhaps some decals, plus the minifig body from Galvatron, and the face of TR Megatron, and you've got it! Throw a few more repainted jet/gun tank vehicles into the mix and it's perfect!

When can you start?

I

8. Delta Magnus

Delta Magnus Noise Tank

Wow, I love this! I've never been much of a fan of CW Megatron, but this is awesome. I concur on the motion to do one in Action Master colours- I like the idea of this as a transforming battle base/mobile fortress/combat suit for Megatron (or any sufficiently daring Decepticon Headmaster) to take command of as a power boost. Also, ACTION MASTERS WOOOOOO

An upgrade to make TR Powermaster Prime a bit less mediocre would be cool too. All you'd need to do would be make some things to fill in the hollow bits (like the arms) and add some articulation to the feet. Either that or a kit to convert him into a completely different character- I'd suggest either Thunderclash or Clench.

• Like Like x 1
  9. badasp

badasp Well-Known Member

You did a great job on this! This makes me wish I bought this Megatron figure.

10. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for all your comments and critique, guys! Know that I take criticisms very earnestly and take them all to heart. After mulling about it a bit I cooked up something to fix his thin leg problem.

[​IMG]

What we have here is a pair of calves that peg onto the sides of his lower legs. The fantastic thing about this figure is that there's so much space under his Tank mode for 'weapon storage' that I simply have to fill it up with an add-on.

[​IMG]

The under tank assembly splits into two halves in robot mode, folding flat against his legs via hinges and basically beefing him up and improving his proportions. What is more, NO PARTS FORMING NEEDED.

[​IMG]

Even on the stock figure the calves look good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you're interested, you can find the shapeways link here: shpws.me/N2RX

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  11. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

OK really loving the non parts forming part, was my biggest complaint about the 3rd party offerings. Looks great, I'm always impressed with what you can pull off!

• Like Like x 1
  12. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you all so much! Your feedback is worth a lot to me and I'm glad you like it!

This set should work with KBB Megatron yes. I myself am tempted to do a version of this custom all in black, just waiting for the funds to flow in...

I'm glad you brought attention to the face. Yeah after looking at it a bit I see what you mean by the lips. An evil warlord has to look constipated from time to time to instil fear in his enemies :lol 
    Kidding aside, the photo shoot had two lights shining in from both sides, which might have an unflattering effect on the face. A top down light worked much better I feel, but I couldn't set up that lighting scheme yet with my current photobooth.

The facial appearance was based on Megatron's model in the Transformers Devastation game, so I may have gotten carried away capturing that resemblance.

Maybe? Soon?

I know...I know...3D printed stuff is really expensive. It's not a mature market yet and prices reflect that. Plus once we get to models larger than basic hand-held weapon accessories, the prices get too high to justify what the models hope to improve.
    I personally don't earn much from these models. I create them out of interest for my own customs and release them to everyone so that they can partake in the enjoyment of repainting and customising themselves. And I understand perfectly well what a money sink it is.

I'm considering some PMOP upgrades myself. Firstly something to give him 5mm peg compatible hands.
    Can't bear to put any paint on Megatron's silver to make him an Action Master though, no matter how much I love the concept. Maybe I can find a cheap Armada Megatron to try it on...

Thank you AP! This is quite a compliment and I'm very flattered :) 
    I'm pretty happy myself that I managed to solve the leg issue with no partsforming, just surprised no one else tried it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
  14. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Update September 10th, 2017

In response to feedback, I did a resculpt of his faceplate to align closer to G1 cartoon appearance.
    Also, printed this new piece in Shapeways BHDA material which works *a lot* better.
    Hope you guys enjoy it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. Delta Magnus

Delta Magnus Noise Tank

Damn, that's a goooood looking noggin.

16. TheAmazingBrave

TheAmazingBrave 吾輩は猫である!!!

HOT DAMN NOW THAT'S A GOOD MEGATRON FACE

17. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow man. Incredible job. The design, the paint, even the photography. I thought it was a cg render at first.

18. Lord Megatron 7

Lord Megatron 7 Emperor of Destruction TFW2005 Supporter

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Looks Great!

19. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Ooooooh, that new faceplate has his classic poopy face design! I LOVE IT! Now I need this, I was replacing the head on mine but I'm not too happy with how it turned out. This is MUCH better

20. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

That face is incredible. Any chance you would design a g1 toy face for it?