Titans Return Deluxe Scourge (1)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by unicronic, Jun 25, 2016.

1. das_hermit

das_hermit Decepticons forever!

There are some in the gallery over at seibertron.com.

2. mtblanks

mtblanks Champion of the sun

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    My Cyclonus has the MT Hurricane add-ons, but I still think they look good together.
    [​IMG]

3. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Scourge is the weakest from this wave, but he isnt bad. I like him a bit more than the old mold.

Flying surfboard mode is sweet. I love how there are 4 sculpted guns on the back of the leg for his alt mode underneath.

Bot mode is very articulated, but a bit boring.

Id still say pick it up. these are all really good..hes just the weakest.

4. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    Here's TR Scourge with Mastershooter BrOOMstick (Not-Fracas) 3rd party Targetmaster. I think it looks really awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    My favorite of the 4 Deluxes so far- even tho I haven't opened Skullcruncher just yet.

Any solution to the floppy head?

I wonder if I get another Scourge, how hard it would be to glue the head together and modify his body so that the head can fold down into the chest?

And then get the appropriate Targetmaster.

6. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

The head issue is a simple fix, for all four figures.

1. quick brush of clear polish in the port on the body; where the head plugs into.

2. unscrew the teeny tiny screw in the center of the chest to remove the face from the body, thusly revealing the ball joint on the figure. (the head part)

3. give a quick coat of polish on that too. Re-assemble.

4. when dry after 10 minutes, the heads on all these figures will be rock solid. If not, re-do step 1.

7. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Caved in and got Scourge. I was gonna skip him but I saw him and Blurr yesterday so I decided to just go ahead and get him. I still prefer the old one to the new one.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Brought to my attention today.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    The heights are perfect. Thanks for the shot!

10. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

I just did two small applications of floor polish in the socket on the main body and now it's dreamy

11. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Same. I had to be careful with the application, but my scourge is no longer a bobble head.

12. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Out of the three deluxe figures I have Scourge is the worst of the bunch. He has a good g1 look but the generations one is better in many ways. If you don't have the generations one this is a nice pick.

13. AzNtRoN89

AzNtRoN89 jdm autobot

Ebay:
    Here's my galvatron,cyclones ,scourge and sweeps
    [​IMG]

14. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Re the splitting front of the vehicle.

I find if I do not push the tops of the lower leg fully into the peg holes at the top of the ship (just in front of the lower 5mm hole) and instead peg in the wing tabs into the shoulders and leg sides first, then all is held tight, the vehicle front does not split.

The top of the lower legs are not pegged in perhaps as fully as deisgned (and admittedly there seems to be a slight issue with that tooling, the halves do not line up together so symmetrically) but at lest the vehicle halves are together.

15. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

So, yeah.

Picked him up. Now have the entire first wave of Deluxes. Easily the weakest Deluxe, but I could tell that from pictures. Still a disappointment. Lots of QC issues, needed polish on basically all parts of his headmaster, both wrists, and his legs don't love to lock.

But still... pretty okay. He serves his purpose. I mainly got him because I have so many Titan Masters at this point that it just makes sense for me to pick up an army builder body as a "generic" body for them to take. He probably won't see much time as Scourge. His body is nice and generic enough it can work for most figures.

16. quantumhawk

quantumhawk Retired Allspark Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad that coating the socket helps with the head issue, but I think there is more to the root cause than a loose socket. If you open the cockpit and look in, you can see the bottom of the square piece which holds the socket. That socket is flush on every other TR figure I have (the deluxes, Blaster, Galvatron, PM Prime, Sentinel) but on Scourge (and Highbrow) it sticks up. I think maybe it was supposed to be able to lower down somehow and they changed it during production. In fact, I wonder if it was originally supposed to be mounted on the central square column and only come up when he was properly transformed, and then for some reason they changed it and jimmied it to stay in place.

If I was braver, I would take mine apart and see if that socket could be mounted on the central column. I bet if the socket sat further down in that cavity the headmaster would be just fine.

For a quick fix, you can move the headmaster's legs down and back a bit and it helps brace the head to keep it from wobbling, FYI.

Attached Files:

17. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    ^ it's easer to glue it in place

The bracket just slides in

[​IMG]

Oh and the bracket itself is loose, on top of it only loosely fitting into its mount, so future it, or bend it before you glue it in place, and you'll be golden

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    After owning the figure for some time now, I've relly come to appreciate it. I think it's my favorite of wave one.
    I did the leg swap so the light blue feet are forward, and it really brings a new feel to the figure. Makes it look complete.

As for the alt mode splitting, yeah, not plugging the side tabs in the entire way definitely solves the problem.

19. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Titans Return Scourge

Scourge hasn't had a lot of luck with updates to his character. The first was the 2006 Titanium in a not terribly well liked line. The second, the 2011 Generations Deluxe, doesn't look too much like his robot, has a new more Earth like vehicle mode and didn't get a general UK release but was grey imported in mid 2011. His brother Cyclonus has done rather better with the much admired 2009 Universe 2 version, it's 2011 Reveal The Shield repaint and 2015 Generations Voyager all making it to the UK.

Both Scourge & Cyclonus were available in 1987 as Targetmasters and while the Universe 2 Cyclonus maintains that gimmick here Scourge finds himself as a Titanmaster, effectively a Headmaster. His Titanmaster is Fracas, the same name used for his 1987 Targetmaster. Moulded throughout in blue plastic he transforms & has similar articulation to all the other Titanmasters. Like Blurr's Titanmaster Hyperfire when in head mode he has a little extendable piece on top, this time shaped like the tube seen on top of the rear of Scourge's original vehicle mode and his head.

The robot itself is quite rounded, with effectively ball like shoulders and looks a decent interpretation of the look Scourge has in the 1986 movie. A certain proportion of his spaceship mode is on his back, as it's always been, which as usual provides the hint of him wearing a robotic cloak. Articulation is good: ball jointed head, provided by the Titanmaster, shoulders that shrug, stiffly, up at the body & are ball jointed at the arm, bicep swivels, bending elbows, universal hips, thigh swivels and bending knee. He comes armed with two guns, a short single barrelled one, little more than a detailed pipe, and a larger double barrelled one, which contains a seat for a Titanmaster in front of which is a peg hole so the guns can be combined into a triple barrelled weapon. The two barrels on the dual cannon both end in a 3mm peg hole which lets you plug Cyberverse weapons into it.

Transformation: pop the Titanmaster head off and unfold it into robot mode. Remove all weapons, fold the hands into the forearms and straighten the arms at the sides. Shrug the shoulders up and lock the arms onto the body courtesy of a tab on the body fitting a slot beneath the bicep joint. Now we get something a little innovative: pull down on the legs, revealing the spine. Fold the feet & heel spurs together so they point down out the bottom of the leg, Open the doors on the leg fronts, folding them round onto the inside of each leg. Rotate the legs round 180° via a waist joint on the spine, previously locked off inside the body. Rotate each leg in 90° at the thigh joint. Bend each hip joint up 180°, bringing the upper legs alongside the extended spine, and at the same time fold the knees down 180°covering the legs up and forming the front of the spaceship. Fold the "cape" panels down to the sides tabbing into the shoulders & what was the rear of the leg. By default the Titanmaster sits in the cockpit at the rear of the vehicle, the small gun mounts on the cockpit and the large double gun mounts in front of the cockpit but, as we'll see, all three are up for negotiation!

Scourge's vehicle mode is his classic Spaceship/Hovercraft/Soapdish design with a few extra fins and details on it. It's a pretty good update of the original design done in blue and pale blue. The illusion is only really broken when you turn the vehicle over and you see the folded back leg doors and exposed robot chest. But even then the leg doors have moulding on them for guns while the shape resembles landing gear.

One of the real joys of this mode is the ability to customise it's look. Both the dual cannon and smaller gun mount on 5mm peg holes so they can be swapped round or even combined onto the same post. There's two 5mm peg holes on each side of the vehicles which can also take the weapons. The Titanmaster is tucked away at the moment inside the cockpit but can be seated outside the vehicle on dual cannon. Finally if you look at the 5mm socket on top of the cockpit you'll see it's a slightly odd shape, square at the front. This enables you to plug the Titanmaster in head mode into the top of the Spaceship just like cartoon Scourge extending his head in spaceship mode.

I'm quite taken with Scourge: both modes are fun, and the interchangeability & combination of weapons & Titanmaster add significantly to it's play value

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Did the leg swap the second I took him out of the package.
    It just looks more "right" that way to me.

Great figure overall. The whole line has been pretty satisfying for me.