Titans Return Deluxe Blurr (2)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by unicronic, Jun 25, 2016.

1. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only wave 1 figure I keep leaving on the store peg; that hideous color

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    As much as I lIke the mold, I'm just not a fan of calling him Blurr, as I'm a bit newer to the franchise and love the idw one. BUT if I put the head bit down, he actually makes a decent Moonracer. Slightly different body from her idw appearance but I put her next to Prime Knockout and I can't help but think they make a great pair of velocotronians

3. Eurobeatking

Eurobeatking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought the same after seeing some reviews and I was going wait for the Takara as well with the better paint apps and all,but when I saw him in person I picked him up and Im really happy I did. Hes my 2nd fave TR deluxe.

4. Goldbolt

Goldbolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quick question, has anyone figured out why there is a fold out hook in the middle of the shield on both Blurr and Brainstorm? Is it just to act as front landing gear for the titan master to sit in it upside down?

5. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup

6. lambi

lambi Well-Known Member

Really good figure. I wish I got the Takara version, but I was in Japan a few days too early for it. I have the Takara Skullcruncher though. It's amazing how much tighter and well put together Blurr is. (and from what I can tell I got the best possible qc version of Skully around).
    I had a super floppy armed G1 Blurr with a broken head as a kid, so happy to have this new version!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  7. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Hated the gap between the back of the canopy and the back of the actual cockpit, but if you position the headmaster inside and then fold the seat forward into its back it gives the appearance of a sealed pilot enclosure.

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I picked up this guy the other day finally having the finances and opportunity. I should've taken a picture, but there seemed to be a packaging variation when I looked at the Blurr's on the shelf; some had an extra band keeping the head spoiler raised, while others didn't and they had sunk down.

I got one with the extra bands keeping it up and have no problem keeping the head spoiler raised.

As to the figure itself, I love it. I had a G1 Blurr (gotten for cheap by my parents at an open box sale, so no rifle) and despite having seen reviews, I wasn't really prepared for this mold. I really liked Animated Blurr, but this figure is so much fun! Fun transformation, just a new figure. Sure the Legends version has more color, but for a standard deluxe Blurr, I am most happy with it.

9. Eurobeatking

Eurobeatking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like someone said before the posts were deleted,if a third party came up with a better head and different shield/front end combo and maybe even a target master to get rid of the headmaster gimmick,Id be all over it.

10. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    There already is a 3rd party Targetmaster. Mastershooter collectibles Minute Bot:

[​IMG]

11. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Needs more colors but yeah, the best of wave 1 deluxe. Love how the cockpit canopy works.

Design nit pick: his shoulder boosters are fake and in alt mode it becomes boosters that fit into another pair of boosters (which are part of the legs). Maybe the leg booster arent even needed but the proportions work out anyway in both modes (the car side panels extend further back, and blurr's legs looks more chunky).

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I keep almost buying this guy, but unlike Scourge who was at least the right shade of blue and just needed silver/white to break it up, Blurr is gonna be way harder to fix. Like a total repaint. But the Legends version is just so expensive, and oddly hard to find.

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Get him SL, doubt you'll regret it. He's solid.
    Feels like Wipeout XL meets FZero.

14. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i feel like this figure is so good u should wait on a good deal to get the jpn version (and even if u overspend he'll be worth it). like, this could be the best deluxe ever, if not for hasbro choices on color apps - they actually gave him some paint apps, like on his shin, but its just in a darker shade of blue that blends with the mold color, rather than adding highlights.

but if you're a modeller and can do your own paint work its easy enough to add highlights to hasbro's color scheme.

15. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Picked him up after those recommendations (and $13 helped) and I'm glad I did. He's a great figure aside from the colours, which I will try and fix. Great, intuative transformation and proportions.

Also, I feel like modding this guy to be not a headmaster would be easy as pie. There's a huge cavity in his sheild where his head would be. The hardest part would be removing plastic from the shield mount because of it's shape.

16. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    you could use a flush cutter and sandpaper to make the cuts and smooth them out.

17. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Oh yeah I know how to remove the plastic, it's the fact that with the design of the shield mount, taking away enough plastic may weaken it severely. Like, fall apart if you bend it severly, as it's not a solid chuck, it has gaps and spaces to accomodate the wheel.

18. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    yeah someone did a mod to make him not a headmaster, might've been yaujta? but it basically was expanding the cavity in the shield and shaving down the legs of the headmaster

i want the mold but don't feel like waiting for brainstorm. i may just buy legends blurr if i can fuckin find it somewhere lol

19. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I don't even think you'd need to shave the legs, just unflod them when you fold the sheild up.

I really like "optional" headmaster mods, where it can transform with the head on, but doesn't have to.

20. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I need to post pics of the minor paint mods. Such a great mold and a few apps make ALL the difference.