Titans Return Cloudraker / Wingspan Clones 2 pack

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Hurleychris07, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Well-Known Member

Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    I'll get this on eBay. Price is the same with shipping

• Like Like x 2
  2. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Canadian Chuck Norris

Sure, but it sounds like you're contradicting yourself.

If the box sets are a tougher sell for retailers... why did they all sell out and never receive restocks?

I'll tell you why: this has nothing to do with box sets or exclusives; Hasbro is simply running behind in their production schedule because of insane amounts of product being made right now (thanks, TLK movie).

I've emailed TRU several times regarding their box set. Here's their reply (paraphrased): "We don't know when we will get more. It's up to the manufacturer/distributor/etc. The item is STILL LISTED ON OUR SITE because we expect more." But it's been 3 months. TRU sold out of a hot item and has been put on hold for 3 months; they're not a small mom'n'pop shop, either. :rolleyes2  The bottleneck is Hasbro.

I hope you're right about CASES of these toys... but should those cases sell out fast (scalpers! :D ), there's no way of knowing if they'll get restocked soon (or ever). :banghead:  This is a movie year - whatever awesome product Hasbro makes that's NOT a movie toy will be harder to get than in non-movie years.

What makes it all worse is the sales figures for these toys. The bottleneck literally limits everything and lowers the profit on this line entirely. Is TR the best selling TF line of all time? We will never know - Hasbro isn't doing a good job keeping up with demand, which means they are losing potential customers or profit.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I'm content with 50 shipped from tfsource. That's 25 a figure, which equates to me ordering each one with shipping. And considering the Walgreens around me never get anything, I'll accept that. In fact, I wouldn't count on Walgreens stocking this at all. It'll probably fly off the shelves at the same speed at the box sets went.

• Like Like x 1
  4. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hopefully i can find these at my walgreens and scalp them on ebay for buttloads of money. :sly:  :ev: :ev: :ev:  :buttrock :confused2 

• Like Like x 1
  5. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Not really a contradiction, places like Toys R Us got stuck with Combiner Wars box sets like Superion and Menasor, so when Hasbro shopped around a new box set of five figures TRU probably didn't order nearly as many. Hasbro probably made less this time, too, rather than take a hit and get stuck with a warehouse full of toys that have to be dumped off at Ross/T.J. Maxx again.

I'm hope I'm right about Hasbro getting a case to all of the Walgreens, too. Solid cases of figures available in large quantities are a scalpers worst enemy.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Rodimus88

Rodimus88 Active Member

News Credits:
    Do we know the UPC yet for the set? I can try to have a friend look up the clones in Walgreens system if so

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:

• Like Like x 3
  8. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Canadian Chuck Norris

Thanks for the clarification. It's just hard for me to assume Hasbro is prudently under-producing these sets because of the last few sets, when it's far easier to believe they were just under-produced, PERIOD. Because of the movie toys. And I can somewhat prove it: check the eBay numbers. Where are all the Asian Chaos on Velocitron box sets? If these were made in small quantities for the US market (as you suggest), it would not indicate small quantities WORLDWIDE (was the set, or any set, ever a USA exclusive?). So the excess stock should be somewhere - Asia. And that means eBay listings (especially true when you consider the shortages here). But if you take a look at eBay, 100% of the auctions are USA-based for this set; the Asian copies are noticeably absent.

And besides that, TR is arguably doing better than CW. I don't have the numbers, but I get the sense people are generally more engaged by this line. I'll tell you why: a lot of collectors have dipped their hands in 3P combiners because they didn't expect Hasbro to ever make these CW toys. Having tasted paradise, very few collectors go back to Hasbro (when a better 3P, in MP scale [!!!], exists). So a lot of collectors passed on a lot of Hasbro/Takara stuff (why replace your current toys with inferior versions?). BUT, on the other hand, very few 3Ps touched the HMs. So Hasbro launching that line actually filled a big gap in shelves and created demand for more HMs. At least, that's my take on the situation. And aside from all of that, the discounters got small quantities of the combiner box sets - if they really sold so poorly or were made in such excess, we'd see more than 3-4 per store, and especially more restocks (they sold out fast and were seldom restocked).

Ehhh, it's all speculation on my part, so take it all with a grain of salt. I mean, you could shoot down all of my points any way you like, as I unfortunately don't have any secretive numbers to share (not a Hasbro employee). :rolleyes2 

One last thing: Siege on Cybertron is a BBTS exclusive. Why would Hasbro limit the numbers for a non-physical, online store? Why would BBTS under-order (this not their M.O.)?
    The bottleneck is Hasbro. Any insinuation or declaration of anything otherwise is pure fantasy. When there is demand, stores want to sell more. In this case, they are unable to secure more stock to sell - you can email TRU directly for this answer, or email BBTS. You will get the same answer from both: "we're still waiting on Hasbro..."

Further deductive proof? Hasbro has an unprecedented amount of TF toy lines right now (4 different umbrella TF properties with multiple lines within each!!!). Without securing more factories, how does a company make all of these toys in supplies that accurately match demand? TFs were dropping in numbers (toy sales wise) before the movie launch, so it is incredibly unlikely a Hasbro Exec would open up more factories to invest in a toy line that's losing numbers - add the lackluster domestic box office numbers (which were predicted/patterned via previous releases), and you see a scenario where the company is working with the same (or less) resources to make an insane amount of product.

I don't doubt Walgreens will get some crates of this exclusive; I doubt the numbers will be respectable. This is a movie year, and Walgreens expects to sell out of exclusives anyway. I'm seriously concerned Hasbro does not have the manufacturing resources to sell exclusives properly, at this point in time. They have too much on their plate. I think selling these things in small quantities (to scalpers, no less) is not good for business - it creates dissatisfaction and negative associations with your brand. I, myself, feel pushed further and further away from the brand, each time I have to labor so painfully for one of these sets.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 2
  10. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

• Like Like x 7
  11. G1 Evac

G1 Evac The Last Knight

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I watched that same exact video yesterday afternoon as well. Couldn't understand what he was saying but you get the idea when he shows all 4 figures transformed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another thing to remember with Walgreens exclusives is a few weeks after they show up in stores it will go on their website. Assuming the price is $20-$25 you can just buy two and get free shipping, then sell the other to a local friend for cost. Or just return one later in store (though that's scamming the free shipping)

Its worth pairing up now if you have local friends that are also TF collectors

• Like Like x 3
  14. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  16. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Actually kinda impressed with the transformation on these two. More involved than I would have thought.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gangu Stars

Gangu Stars はじめまして。

I think the same. Hope folks who cancelled will get a chance after release to pick a set up. BBTS usually has at least a few leftovers to list after filling pre-orders.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sdangler6565

Sdangler6565 Well-Known Member

Anyone seen what the MSRP will be at Walgreens? I apologize if I missed it. I'm tempted to purchase one on eBay for the $44 they are charging.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $21.99?

• Like Like x 1