Titans Return Broadside

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by maku098, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Full disclosure, I should point out that the toes in mine don't align perfectly in carrier mode, which is odd, because my Alpha Trion it was such a non-issue I wasn't expecting it. The legs aren't as co-operative as one may like in terms of pegging together, but once you get the wings in there, plugged into the arms and main body, it all comes together nicely at that point and stays together without issue once everything is in place.

2. PresidentialConvoy

PresidentialConvoy Active Member

Original intended transformation... yes.. youre quite right about that.
    Its very obvious why theres no landing gear or whatsoever in jet mode bcoz its not the original transformation.
    The transparent gun pod was supposed to function or double as sort of a landing gear in jet mode.
    The transparent gun pod might have been tweaked along the way to fit-in the headmaster figure for additional gimmick.
    And thats why theres now two ports for the headmaster figure to fit-in in carrier mode. The observation tower being the original port.

3. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mmmm, doesn't every Deluxe/Voyager/Leader figure in the line have a gun that can hold the Titan Master? I'm pretty sure all the figures either come with double guns can combine to form a seat, or a big gun with a single seat and sometimes a smaller one without.

But, I do agree that the gun placement on the bottom was originally to balance against the feet being folded under and placed down that low.

4. PresidentialConvoy

PresidentialConvoy Active Member

yes that and others more.. we can only speculate.

5. SpecCmdr013

SpecCmdr013 SpecCmdr013

Guess who's the newest addition to the fleet (really obvious)?

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Well the hips on mine feel a little loose, but hold poses fine. I have absolutly no issues with the panels and carrier mode. And if you are talking about the hole in the section the nose of the jet is connected too, I think that's just a screwhole, and not actually meant to be a 5mm port.

8. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    So after getting Blitzwing and Octane recently, looking back at Broadside, I have ask... Why didn't they include his ax weapon? I mean, Blitzwing got his sword and gun, Octane got two guns. So did Astrotrain.

So...why did Broadside get the shaft on having two weapons?

• Like Like x 2
  9. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yep. This, along with so many things about this toy, pissed me off. The G1 toy had 4 weapons, and his first real update in 30 years gets...none of them. Just a doofy clear blue gun and easy-to-loose Aerialbots (a neat idea that, cast in clear blue and dipped in white paint, was poorly executed).

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  10. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Yeah, seeing they were translucent blue painted white like that... I don't think I'll be taking them off the sprue ever myself.

11. SpecCmdr013

SpecCmdr013 SpecCmdr013

The wing parts on mine can't plug into the carrier slots completely, making the flight deck uneven. I've tried several times but with no success. Help?

12. SpecCmdr013

SpecCmdr013 SpecCmdr013

Space Attack Fighter with Heavy Assault Booster Pack

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  13. Prime77

Prime77 Until next time…

So by this point many of us know of the heartbreak that is Broadside's official jet mode. But then Peru came thru with a fan mode that drove fanboys and girls nuts!! Just flip the tail fins Hasbro! How hard was that? It actually even makes the official mode look a bit better, but makes him look like a true fighter jet in fan mode.
    IMG_3715.JPG
    IMG_3716.JPG
    Flipping the fins even gives him a cool look in robot mode and makes him much more distinctive than Alpha Trion.
    IMG_3712.JPG
    The aircraft carrier mode is pretty much flawless, except for the gaudy awful stickers. Thank god for reprolabels which I will be getting. Check out toyhax for this guy's set if you haven't already. Looks awesome.
    IMG_3719.JPG
    IMG_3720.JPG

Yet even with all his faults I had hope for Broadside. I never had the G1 toy and Titans Return for the most part has been killing it, QC issues aside, coming up with cool updated versions of G1 favorites from our beloved childhood. One thing I've come to love about this line is its potential for fan modes and I'm happy to say......Broadside has a base mode.
    IMG_3721.JPG
    IMG_3723.JPG
    IMG_3724.JPG
    I thought this was really cool and added so much play value to this figure. It can incorporate the mini aerialbots really well. The carrier platforms act like jet elevators to lower or raise them to the runways. I don't have pictures of this, but you could even plug a titan master on one of the platforms, going up! Blunderbuss looks cool in the lookout tower. You can even use this mode with a fan mode of another figure.
    IMG_3765.JPG
    IMG_3767.JPG
    IMG_3768.JPG
    Yep he even works with Fort Max. He doesn't have connector points like Blaster or PMOP but Broadside sits well under one of the ramps. It's specifically the hinged arm that's a retool from Metroplex that many people couldn't figure out what to do with it that Broadside actually helps to stabilize by having it rest on the edge of the platform. Well here ya go! I hope this helps bring more joy to your day. In spite of all the controversy surrounding this figure, Broadside just needed some love from the fans to reach his potential.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Personal preferences being what they are, I didn't like that any better either and I pretty much tried that right out of the box.

I enjoy the robot mode and the carrier mode and that's good enough for me. I also put Ptero on mine and like that head better.
    Broadside Ptero.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ozzieli

Ozzieli New Member

IMG_1241.JPG IMG_1242.JPG IMG_1238.JPG IMG_1239.JPG IMG_1240.JPG IMG_1236.JPG IMG_0819.JPG Wanted to see what you fellas think of this alternate way of doing the jet mode for Broadside. The feet, to me seem to be the problem with this setup, but I like it better then the original way. Any thoughts?

BTW, new to collecting TF's. Well, not sure I will be an avid collector but I never had them as a child. It's never too late to get what you wanted! Hahaha!

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 10
  16. Prime77

Prime77 Until next time…

This actually looks interesting I'll have to try it. From certain angles it looks like the feet could be side tail fins. Also this configuration looks like it closes the gap in the legs from the other modes I've seen. Pretty cool!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Prime77

Prime77 Until next time…

Also welcome to the collecting biz. Been doing it ever since Transformers aired on tv in the US, over thirty years now. Friendly warning though, it can get expensive but very fun and rewarding. I've learned to just stick to what I know I like instead of trying to own every single figure. That helps. Hope you enjoy it!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ozzieli

Ozzieli New Member

IMG_1246.JPG IMG_1247.JPG
    Yeah, I think it can be positioned in a certain way to look decent, like you said. I also tried angling the top fins and the feet out. Maybe a bit better than the feet being flat I guess.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Ozzieli

Ozzieli New Member

Thank you and you are most certainly correct! Been on eBay and they are not cheap. I'm doing my research to see which figures look proportional to each other as I would like to make a display with them fighting. Hahaha! For instance it seems ROTF Leader Prime works well with Human Alliance Bumblebee.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Robots78

Robots78 Robotanist

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Here's some pics of my Broadside with the new Reprolabels set and Animated deluxe Optimus Prime ax.

IMG_6277.jpg

IMG_6278.jpg

IMG_6279.jpg

IMG_6280.jpg

IMG_6283.jpg

• Like Like x 10