Titaniums.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NemesisBruticus, Apr 4, 2009.

1. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

2. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I have about half the six inch Titaniums released, and the only ones I would buy again are the Fallen and Scourge. Scourge looks great next to Universe Galvatron and Cyclonus, and everyone should own the devil in Transformers form.

3. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    My own personal opinion:

1. Rodimus-far and away the best Titanium IMO. Great representation of this character. First rate.

Scourge is great but his head doesn't turn(small gripe).

Grimlock is cool and so is Prowl.

Skywarp/Starscream/Thundercracker-Pretty good, nice ammount of die-cast on these.

Ultra Magnus is good but has been made kinda meh recently by the release of the classics city commander set.

4. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Unlike some I just love the Titaniums. I wish there were even more new molds to come. Get all the ones you have listed. You will love them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  5. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's my opinion on these two, as they're the only ones from your list I have:

1. Cheetor- I think it's great, but if the weapons bend its a pain in the butt trying to straighten them out. >_<

2. Scourge- Again I think it's great. But I have no real complaints about this one. :thumb 

As for The Fallen, my only experience with it is from reading a webcomic. But from what I've seen of it and from what I've heard about it, it sounds teriffic. :) 

6. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

I love the Titaniums too. There's just something about them, even though they have their problems.

Out of the ones you listed, I'd suggest going for WW Grimlock, the seekers and Scourge in particular. They don't have any massive problems. Also G1 Ultra Magnus is cool for being the only real G1 Magnus since the original G1 toy.

Rodimus Prime looks cool in alt mode, but you'd be disappointed with his robot mode. The chest and shoulder stick out way too far compared to the legs, and the huge hole in his back means he looks terrible from anything but the front. It's a real shame. One more transformation step to move the chest backwards and he'd be great.

Prowl's robot mode also sucks, with his too wide shoulders and ridiculously high up missiles. But unlike Rodimus, his alt mode isn't that pretty. Again, a couple of extra steps in the transformation would have saved him. It really sucks how close some of the bad Titaniums are to being good figures.

7. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I wish I never bought any of them and would probably sell the ones I have soon.

8. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Scourge is by far my favorite tit. It's the least floppy of the ones I have as well. I have mine posed with his G1 counterpart in alt mode...really a better representation of his bot mode.

[​IMG]

9. akum6n

akum6n Bootleg

Save your money. There are few TFs that I regret buying. Titanium Jetfire is one of them.

10. saphron123

saphron123 RULER OF THE WORLD!!!

I think the Cheetor is a very good figure to own.

11. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree with Scourge being one of the best. I have all of em cept Grims and prowl, and will be trying to pick those up at botcon.

I know most have weak engineering and plenty of faults, but most all of mine are misb, and i like em.

12. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Prowl's Bot mode looks weird but his Cybertron hovercraft mode is awesome. Cheetor is pretty simplistic, but all the others you listed are awesome.

13. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Save for more Universe. Titanium sucks.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've got most of these, so I'll share my opinions -

Fallen - not the best one made. On the one hand, he is a decent representative of the version in the comics. On the other, his backpack has some panels that do not lock in properly, his guns are weird, and he generally does not seem to be very imposing. "I'd have thought he would'a been taller"

Cheetor - Unimpressive transformation, but that aside, he is by far the best representation of Beast Machines Cheetor ever made. He's got the right swords, he looks spot on to the show, my only complaint is he's a bit too short when you put him with the rest of Beast Machines, and he could really have done with balljointed shoulders and elbow / wrist swivels. If you are a fan of Beast Machines, he is a must buy. Otherwise still recommended.

Grimlock - He's pretty nice. Squat and bulky like Grimlock should be, he's one of the best War Within Titaniums made. Tank mode is a bit weak, but looks about right to the artwork considering the restrictions on the design. If you can still get one at retail or less, even, go for it, he is not the worst in the line by any means.

Menasor & Rodimus - This mold is fantastic. A true update of Rodimus Prime, and he looks the part of a more buff Hot Rod. The transformation is clever, there is great articulation - just watch the hole in the middle of the torso. Overall, one of my favourite pieces from the line, and he fits in very nicely with the Classics - he's even slightly larger than Classics Hot Rod! The only other flaw is the face looks kinda mushy, it lacks the angles that defined Rodimus Prime originally.
    Menasor is a cool repaint, though to be honest I consider him more of a Shattered Glass Rodimus Prime now than Menasor. Looks great with either black repaint of Hot Rod.
    In my opinion, Rodimus Prime is a total must own, second best piece in the entire line.

Scourge - Not one of the best in the line. His vehicle mode fails to escape the overwhelming dullness of the original. He looks too much like a munchkin version of Scourge, with a too big face on a too small body. I do like the winged cape, though. I wouldn't worry about getting this one, unless you want to stand one up with your Universe Galvatron and Cyclonus. Even so he looks totally out of place with them.

Decepticon Jets - Awesome molds, probably the best in the line along with Rodimus. You get their War Within forms, which means pyramid fighters and Cybertron Starscream styled robot modes. Good poseability, though the shoulders don't swivel out to the sides much except for the transformation. I was in full nerdgasm when Skywarp was announced, that is how much I like this set of Decepticon jets.

Prowl - the robot mode is way too broad shouldered to look anything but awkward, although I love the vehicle mode. Far from the worst in the line, but not one of the best, either. If you can get him along with Grimlock, at retail costs, go for it, I personally think he is worth that much.

Ultra Magnus - If it were not for his shoulders being a bit too far back, he'd be perfect. As it is, the shoulders are set a bit far back on the body, making him look ungainly. Which is a pity, because the design and sculpt is bang on to the original, and he is overall one of the nicest designs. But flawed by the execution. Still, if you have the chance to get one I'd still recommend it - none of the Titanium line were ever perfect in their execution and shoulder position notwithstanding, Ultra Magnus is a decent piece. He feels about right in his size, too, which several of the other Titaniums fall down on.

15. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't own any of them, but Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod are the only ones that have tempted me. They're some of the few figures I've rethought but never fully talked myself into.