Titaniums;

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Clockmaster, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Clockmaster

Clockmaster Banned

I'm wondering what Titaniums I should get.

The only Titanium I liked at first was War Within Prime because he was the only design I cared about. But after looking at them, they're all great figures.

I would love OpOp, but his relatively small size(to use with Beastformers) and lack of Beast mode kinda sucks, he's also too possibly just too big to display "in scale" with any traditional Transformers.

How is Jetfire? Is he better than the Classics version?

What's the general consensus on what the best and worst Titaniums are? As for posability, has anyone tried gluing the joints to make them sterner? Works for me on a lot of figures; if it takes a slightly notable amount of force to push a joint in a particular direction, even diecast shouldn't weigh it down.

I'm already 100% sold on Rodimus and Soundwave, and I'll probably get Scourge at some point.

2. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Jetfire is pretty cool, but nowhere near as good as the Classics version. His backpack has a tendency to not hold in place very well, and his knees have obstructed articulation that makes it difficult to bend them more than a slight angle. On the other hand, he is a nice sculpt.

OpOp looks GREAT standing by himself, probably the best looking figure in the line in robot mode. Unfortunately he's too small to interact with other Beast toys, and his alt modes suck (more an issue with the original design than anything). I highly recommend him though.

I think the general consensus is that the best ones so far have been Thundercracker, Rodimus Prime, and Scourge. I don't entirely agree on Scourge, but Thundercracker and Rodimus are aces.

3. Clockmaster

Clockmaster Banned

Sucks that Roddy has no gut though; I'm thinking of using an LOC or WST sized Roddy toy to wear him as a "Pretender" shell or something :p 

Which do you think is better out of OpOp and Thundercracker? They're the two I'm thinking of getting with some leftover money online, along with Scourge. I'm in the UK but I still haven't managed to see Rodimus or Soundwave...

Are there any Cassettes that are inscale with Titanium Laserbeak???

4. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

WWI Prime is kinda cool, buy him if you can find him. Megs, Prime, & Jetfire fell apart on me so i started just collecting them in the boxes. I'd only buy them if you wanted them for decoration.

5. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Soundwave.

Even though his crotch looks huge, it isn't that bad.

6. Clockmaster

Clockmaster Banned

Shame; Jetfire looked very cool. I like Classics Jetfire design, but he's too "flat white plastic" and doesn't look very "solid" - a problem very few Titaniums have due to their detailing and metal parts. ClaGrim looks very solid to me though, and he's plastic. It's okay for smaller skinnier figures like Mirage, but I think it looks odd on Jetfire.

7. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I absolutely love WW Jetfire. He's actually more poseable and better proportioned than Classics.

WW Prime is good for display but not for transforming. Sit tight until they (supposedly) re-release him with better joints later this year.

WW Thundercracker & Starscream are also great. Simple transforms, yes, but nevertheless great representations of the Cybertronian forms. And they look great next to the Classics Seekers as well - same size & everything.

G1 Scourge totally blows. Only get him IF they decided to release a few more TF:TM characters, otherwise skip it. Absurdly simplistic transform and the smallest figure of the batch.

Long story short: get whatever War Within characters that you can since this is about the only series we'll ever see those designs released. The G1 movie characters - wait to see what they decide to release so you're not left with Rodimus Prime, a very tiny version of Magnus and a shitty Scourge. As for the others, no advice to give since they're characters from lines that I don't like.

8. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    My votes in no particular order:

Jetfire
    Prime
    Rodimus Prime
    Scourge
    Thundercracker (or wait for Sunstorm or Starscream)

Get it if your bored list

Opop (just makes me mad that he has no Beast mode and no tailfins for jet mode)

DO NOT TOUCH (don't even think of buying list)
    G.I. Joe Megs
    Soundiapperwave

9. Clockmaster

Clockmaster Banned

Wow, people are divided on Soundwave.

Some people think he's absolutely fantastic, others think he's horrid.

Is it really just the Crotch? I guess I could get over that.

10. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    You shouldn't. It's horrible.

Think of this way: they have not released (or announced as far as I know) any other G1 characters in Titanium form other than a few from the orginal movie (Rodimus Prime, Ultra Magnus & Scourge), which makes Soundwave an odd man out. PLUS they just re-issued the original (and larger) G1 toy with an updated chest to hold 2 cassettes instead of just 1. Go with the superior tested & true version and save your money buying the mini Titanium version that looks like he's wearing an oversized jock strap.

11. Clockmaster

Clockmaster Banned

Won't the Classics one cost more?

I think I'll get both. I never had a Soundwave toy as a kid...

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the volume of WWI chars Titaniums are getting; although it's mainly because I'm annoyed they've ignored the G1/G2 comics and the characters from that that never got good toys. Bludgeon, Comics Galvy(purplish silver body, gloves, light purple arms), Jhiaxus, Nightbeat, Death's Head(should probably be a Marvel Legend maybe?), Impactor, G2 Megs(the first one is too big and bright), etc. Any others I missed?

12. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    It's not just the diapper:

-his knees only have two settings, bent and not bent
    -legs fall out of the hip sockets so easily it's not even funny
    -legs collapse too easily
    -getting past the two previous issues: getting him to pose is extremely implausable. His feet are just designed poorly.

--The only saving grace for this toy are his weapons and the cassette. Even though the cassette doesn't have an actual cassette side it's got a nice transformation and is a pretty good re-imagining of the character.

13. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Buy every 6inch titanium except for the first Megatron one. Wait for the enxt Megatron. I like all of them so far and am eagerly awaiting Rodimus, Soundwave, The Fallen, RiD Prime, Ultra Magnus and the newer Megatron... I forgotten which Megatron is the new one?

14. Clockmaster

Clockmaster Banned

War Within Megs. Who's also a Tank.

I'm annoyed there are two Tank megs in Titaniums(and the fallen too), because when "Hey, let's do an IDW Megatron or really badass comic accurate G2 version", someone is gonna say "Nah, too many tanks already".

15. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    The upcoming War Within version. Between the first G1 Joe Meg's and the upcoming WW one, I believe those are and will be the only two in the series of 6" Titaniums.

16. Clockmaster

Clockmaster Banned

Which is a gaylands. Both G2 Megs(who they should have done in place of Joe Megs) and IDW Megs(who they should have done in place of WWI Megs) are more deserving Tanks than those too, at least IMO.

I really don't want the movie line "Polluting" Titaniums either. Not that I wouldn't likea Die-cast Movie Prime, it's just that classics and alts are going on hold for the movie, Titaniums are now the only real "collector friendly" line, we'll be getting tons of movie toys.

17. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Valid point, but I think the whole reason we're even getting a WW Meg's in the first place is because (what was later redubbed as being) the GI Joe version sucked SO bad.

I think the opportunity for an IDW (aka Stormbringer) version of Meg's is gone. If it would have been done, it likely would have been in the Classics line seeing as though many of their designs are based either entirely or loosely on the Stormbringer stuff anyway. But no... we got a purple & orange tipped Nerf "phaser" instead.

But who knows, maybe someday we will get more Stormbringer accurate versions of both Megatron AND Prime. I love the current design for Prime, but sadly, it looks much better on his Albino Prime (aka Ultra Magnus) counterpart.

18. Clockmaster

Clockmaster Banned

I don't see why the Opportunity is gone.

Titaniums is a collectors' line; if enough people bitch for a G2 or IDW Megs at Toyfare and Botcon, we'll get one.

Please do this if you're interested in a G2 Megs.

19. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I only have 3 Tits so far (Prime, Jetfire, Megatron), and I cant really recommend Megatron, but the other 2 are really cool (Prime is floppy, but it's ignorable). I hear almost all of the others are better than the ones I have, so that's good news for you. Except Soundwave. I really want to like him, but it's impossible.

20. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I have a love/hate "relationship" with the 6" Titaniums:

Love: WWI Prime, Jetfire, Rodimus, Thundercracker's bot mode
    Hate: Thundercracker's alt mode, Scourge, Soundwave, Op Op