Titanium vs PVC/HOC

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mr. Jiggles, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

So, I got my first Titanium figs today, 4 of the 3 inch figures (Ark, Jazz, Primal, Starscream) and at first I was kinda underwhelmed.

I was really pissed that the feet have holes for a peg, but there is no hole to be found on the display bases.

In comparison to the PVCs, the paint 'pops' more on the the Titanium, but the detail on the Titans is hinda hit and miss, while the PVCs were pretty consistent thru the entire line.

Titans do have the advantage of pulling characters from several different generations, instead of one.

If somebody wants to make a poll, go ahead, but I don't think it'd be fair to compare the 6 inch figs with HOC, so I'm sticking to the threes.

It could change as I get more figs, but for now, I'd say it is Titanium TF's FTW over PVCs by a thin margin.

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Only got a few Titanium figures so far.

The main thing about the HOC/PVCs was that they were strongly based on the cartoon show designs, while Titaniums are not necessarily - a little like comparing the statues/busts that Hard Hero did versus the ones made by Pallisades. I'm happy that the Titaniums are trying to cover ground the HOCs didn't, like the War Within and Alternators-based figures.

The biggest issue I have with Titaniums is they try a bit too hard to have 'dynamic' poses for the figures, which ends up as squatting most of the time. I too am disappointed by the lack of pegs on the base, especially for the Ark spacecraft, which has nothing to attach the stand arm to. I think the ARk looks nice, but it does annoy me that they used a different design from previously established ones.

So far, I've got WW Optimus, Unicron, Alt. Jazz and the Ark. Favorite would have to be Jazz.

I wouldn't choose between HOCs and Titaniums, because they are almost apples and oranges so far. Also it's kinda early, since there's only a few Titaniums versus a whole mess of PVCs.

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    its no contest really. PVCs > TITs

:p 

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The PVCs look way better. The tiny Titaniums so far look pretty ridiculous.

5. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I preferred the PVCs. The only thing 3" Titanium has going for it are the stands (even though the stands have no pegs to fit in to the figures feet, causing my Ark to fall over all the time) and I like that they made the Ark (although it looks nothing like it.)

6. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    At the end of the day with doohickies like these, it's how good they look. The PVCs are sculpted exactly like the cartoon (specifically an episode when the animators were having a good day). The 3 inch Tits are proportioned and posed to look like pooping monkeys.

PVC >>>> Monkey Poopers

7. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I think titaniums are just titanium PVCs (3 inch anyways)

8. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

The 3" Titaniums are okay, but I like the PVC's more...they may not be die-cast, but at least they don't all look like they're taking a ginormous energon dump.

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    :D 

10. Gobot Galvatron

Gobot Galvatron Well-Known Member

Agreed. Prime example: BW Megatron and Unicron. I weap for their fallen dignity.

11. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    I love the fact that the PVC's cover the whole G1 cartoon storyline from Super Robot Life to Victory...

A glimpse of the most important characters from each season - cartoon accurate...