Titanium Ultra Magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lostnfound, Aug 16, 2009.

1. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

Is the Titanium Ultra Magnus a good figure? I just kind of ended up with him and am curious to know if he is worth having.. Im looking into keeping him or selling him, so if anybody know about how much hes worth MISB that would be helpful to.. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    he's alright, one of the better titanium figures, i'm assuming you mean the g1 not the ww one, he was quite expensive for a while, i don't know about now

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Hold on to him and keep him sealed. I have mine still MISB (found it at Target) and he's staying that way.

Titanium Ultra Magnus is still currently a very rare and desirable Titanium figure.

Probably because he is one of a very few Generation One Ultra Magnus figures that features his fully armored mode. Plus, he is pretty damn cool being able to go from full cab and trailer directly into fully armored mode with nothing in between.

Currently he's been fetching $55-80 before shipping on eBay. "Buy It Now"s are asking in ranges from $75-190.

Back in July, I saw them sell for $100 before shipping. So it basically boils down to what ever you want for it and see if people will be willing to pay for it.

I'd imagine he can only become more valuable over time now that they are not making him anymore.

4. lostnfound

Wait.. the Titanium series came out only like two or three years ago right??

5. lostnfound

6. netkid

News Credits:
  7. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Not that you'd know, what with you using him and his box as a bookend.

8. netkid

News Credits:
    I was well aware of what that figure did before I bought it. I was busy with work and school at the time I bought him so I never ended up opening the figure. Then it turns out he's worth a bit and since he's still sealed I'm not sure I really want the figure that much, so I decided to just keep it sealed and hold on to it for now.

9. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Hes Real Nice.
    [​IMG]

10. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I hate the G1 Titanium Ultra Magnus. I spent $60 on him and he has the loosest ball jointed shoulders I have ever seen, bad knee articulation, vehicle mode barely stays together. Very overrated figure, not even worth retail price let alone $60-$100. Oh wait we're not talking about him are we, my bad

11. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Considering that the G1 Titanium version of Magnus is the first & only version to ever do away with the "white Prime with armor" bullshit by keeping him as one singular figure the way he was portrayed throughout G1, I'd definitely say he was worth the retail price even despite some of the flaws with the mold. Same goes for the G1 Titanium version of Rodimus Prime. Both were brilliantly executed.

It's just a shame that these awesome designs were stuck in the Titanium series. I'm still holding my breath that we'll see bigger, better & more articulated plastic versions one day either via the Universe or Masterpiece lines.

12. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G1 Titanium Magnus used to be my most hated Transformer in my collection, but I've grown bizzarely fond of him. Sure, his alt-mode sucks but his robot mode isn't too bad. I can't believe how much people are paying for one though, he certainly isn't worth $100!

13. Valkyrie Magnus

Valkyrie Magnus Decepticon Avenger

I loved mine. yeah it is what you said it is but its a great figure fo $18

14. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I would sell him, yeah he's good for a Titanium but he's still a Titanium. Not to mention you can actually get some money for him as he's rare and is sought after by collectors. I found one locally and traded it for an Alt SDCC Rodimus which was a damn good trade if you ask me considering I only paid $20 retail for Magnus. But yeah definitely sell you can easily get $50-75 for him depending what comes along.

15. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    wrong magnus, the one he has is the WW optimus prime repaint.....

16. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 Magnus is great.

WW Magnus...um, not so much.

17. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    heh i paid $18 or so for my 1st one thru bbts... slightly more than retail but damn was i lucky as he went up

but i got luckier on my 2nd on, got him complete from a yard sale for just under $8!