Titanium Ultra Magnus and Fans of Magnus Wishes...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tycho, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

I went on eBay and bought the 2008 Titanium series Ultra Magnus.

I love this toy! It's one of the best TF purchases I've made in a long time.

First, I like the character - so that has a lot to do with it. Magnus is a soldier, a leader, and he's from the off-the-beaten-path G-1.5 era. So I like him just because that group of Autobots is less common, less popular. It's a niche interest and I kind of gravitate towards those for some reason.

2nd, Titanium Magnus is all ONE PART! I never liked Hasbro cheaply repainting Optimus Prime G1 white and attaching body armor from the trailer. This Titanium figure is a one-piece that entirely transforms. A true Transformer.

SPECIAL WISH - that Hasbro "blows up this kind-of-Voyager-sized-mold" to a Leader Class Ultimate Magnus that would carry the Deluxe cars in Alt-mode! That'd be awesome!

3rd - Magnus is on scale with vehicles the size of Voyager Megatron's truck from DOTM (though a smaller robot) but he can easily be used in robot mode next to deluxe Hot Rod pretending the latter figure is Rodimus Prime. Scale-wize, in alt-mode, Magnus can also carry Cyberverse Autobot cars (or Legends from the ROTF collection).

He's great and I'm really glad I got him even though I had to pay close to $100 for him now that he's out of production.

2. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

How much?! Lol I didn't realise Titanium UM was worth that. Got one packed away somewhere, he is a great figure. The all-in-one transformation is his best selling point. As for upscaling, I think the upcoming Masterpiece UM will pretty much do that job. Even if he suffers from white-Prime-cab syndrome. I hope they manage to make the trailer all one piece to avoid partsforming as much as possible, they could take a few cues from Titanium UM.

3. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Hasbro didn't cheaply repaint Optimus Prime white, well they did, but the Japanese run of Magnus has rubber tires, metal parts, a windshield and paint details just like Op Prime. Takara used the concept first as Powered Convoy with much better colouring and Hasbro just repurposed it for the TF line. The Takara Diaclone version works much better as a toy, I think the reason the white Prime felt cheap for Ultra Magnus was because it was never a part of the fiction. I agree with the concept of Titanium UM, it was a lovely idea, however I felt the execution was lacking. Glad you're happy with him.

4. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Titanium Ultra Magnus is 1 of the best figure in Titanium series

5. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's not a great toy to fiddle around with but an excellent display piece. I paid £17 ($34 at the time) for him back when he was released and whilst I didn't like him at first, he's grown on me over time. Him and the Fallen are the best releases from that line.

6. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With his trailer mode,he look superb

7. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    I always liked the titaniums, This and Soundwave are two Im on the look out for

8. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ouch, you should pass on Soundwave. Or at least, have it near the bottom of the list. The first weird Megatron toy and Soundwave are the worst two.

That said, yeah, I actually loved the transforming titanium line. Ultra Magnus and Rodimus Prime both being "all in one" transformations was awesome.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Then it's a good thing that never happened. Takara did that with Diaclone, Hasbro just brought that toy over (like every G1 toy of 84 and 85) and gave it a new deco.

10. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I so want to see MP-10 redone in white with the armor. Oh hells yes that would be amazing. That is my Magnus wishes.

11. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is probably my favorite titanium figure. I agree with the displays well comment.

12. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Best Titanium figure doesn't necessarily make him a very good figure. But yeah. I like it, I just wish it were... bigger. It's not really big enough to be remotely in scale with anything but MAYBE the Cyberverse Commanders. And of course other Titaniums but... that's a rather limited group.

... actually, come to think of it I wouldn't mind seeing Titanium Magnus shoulder-to-shoulder with Cyberverse Prime with his trailer.

13. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Hmmm...

Any chance someone might be willing to take a photo or two comparing Titanium Magnus' size for reference sake? Maybe with Classics Optimus/Magnus/Nemesis, for instance? Without the Third Party armor, preferably. I've liked the photos I've seen of Titanium Magnus, and I would like to see how he stacks up before committing to tracking him down.

14. Soundwinder

[​IMG]
    Keep in mind, some forced perspective is at play here, he's considerably shorter than Classics Prime.

[​IMG]
    G1 Prime/Magnus is shorter than Classics, and it's about the same size as the Titanium.

[​IMG]
    Aaaaaaand one more for funsies.

15. megatronski

megatronski Primaris

News Credits:
    I prefer the white prime with armor. i dont like him being all one piece.

16. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Hmmm. Would be worth it for a decent price, unfortunately it seems like that's impossible on eBay.

Curses.

17. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Size wise it is one of the 6 inch Titaniums.

18. beangrower

beangrower Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Nice. Im still waiting on my titanium to come in. Can't wait for mp to come out.

19. Soundwinder

I would probably buy an Ultra Magnus remold of Sentinel Prime.

Or a White Optimus redeco, but that's neither here nor there.

20. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be my wish too! I like the armor version more than the one-piece Titanium style.

As for UM Titanium itself, it's a good idea but poor execution:
    -The arms are place too far back, make it looks awkward.
    -Missile launchers were upside down.
    -In car carrier mode, they could've at least made the ramp functional.
    -Originally, Don designed him with the capability to store the Matrix inside his chest just like my signature but Hasbro disabled it. Come on Hasbro, how cheap can you be?