Customs: Titanium Thrust Idea

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Does anybody think that, with some modding if need by, a Classics Ramjet head could fit onto the Titanium Seeker mold? If so it would be a great way to help make the upcoming Titanium Thrust closer to his original version. I don't own the mold, so I'm not sure if it would get in the way in alt-mode or not. I'm going to do a digibash of it, but decided to post this anyways, to see if anybody out there would be able to tell if it would work or not. Thanks for any replies/comments on this.

Attached Files:

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I doubt it would get in the way too much in alt mode - the head goes at the rear of the vehicle, with the shoulders moving backwards and the flaps on either side folding over to hide the head. Therefore parts clearance shouldn't be an issue.

The head is a bit smaller than Classics Ramjet, though I don't recall there ever being much in it.

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yes... I'm looking at these two figures right now, and it should work fine... the size is just about right and the Titanium Seeker mold doesn't really have any parts that would conflict with the new head.

In fact, it's quite possible that you might be able to do the head transplant without even doing any modding. At worst you might have to do some minor cutting around the neck peg on the Ramjet head to make sure it fits in the socket on the body. But from the looks of it, you might be able to pull this off with nothing more than a small screwdriver! :) 

zmog

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ok, thanks guys :D  I've only ever seen the WW Seeker mold in person once, and that was the one time I saw it in-stores, so I wasn't sure where the head went in alt-mode, and how big it was. I'll have an extra Ramjet head, so I should be able to do the swap soon after getting Thrust. I'll just have to paint some red onto it first, so it matches his body.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    with the "nosecone" of the actual titanium sticking up directly behind his head, won't it look a little funny?

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Eh, it might, but at the same time it might look awesome. I just realized, I never did post the extremely rough digibash I did right after making this thread. Might as well add it to this post then. Doesn't look all that bad to me, though I have absolutely no idea how big the Classics Ramjet head is compared to the Titanium Seeker mold. I think it looks fine with the nosecone sticking up behind the head, but that may just be me :D 

Attached Files:

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

The Thrust head will be bigger than it looks in your digibash. Basically the sides of the cone will just barely fit between those two shoulder blocks on either side of the head. The original Titanium head is really tiny, so a larger head might still look alright in terms of proportion.

I don't think the "double cone" look in robot mode will be a problem and in fact I have a feeling that the tip of the conehead sticking out of the back of the jet mode might actually look better (in a retro sci-fi way) than the normal gap where his head is "hidden".

Looking forward to seeing this come together (whenever that Titanium Thrust appears...).

zmog