titanium soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MasterDeath, May 17, 2007.

1. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

I just baught my first 6 inch tit today, and I tell ya. I feel like a right tit for buying this pos. Its floppy, doesnt stand well, the leg things dont clip well enough to take the weight, and to top it off one of the leg bits popped out and doesnt seem to stay back in. This is REALLY horribly shoddy workmanship here, total waste of money.

Are all of these 6 inch ones this crapply made? if someone handed me this without the pack I would think it was a ko!

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Soundwave has been said to be one of the worse Titaniums in the line. I've heard some very good reviews about most of them though.

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Go out and buy any of the three seekers.

4. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Titanium Rodimus Prime is much better than Soundwave. But then Classics Rodimus is much better then Titanium Rodimus...

5. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, the seekers are easily the best looking and best engineered of the line. Rodimus is right up there but he has some cosmetic flaws that can sour his overall appeal (side view, forward tilting head). I like Scourge but what you see is what you get with him.

Soundwave is pure awesome from the waist up and total stanky garbage from the waist down. GI Joe Megatron is a complete waste all around. WW Prime looks good but doesn't hold together that well. Jetfire looks pretty good in both modes but has that really strange spindle waist (with unfortunately placed landing gear) that pops apart rather easily.

I haven't gotten any of the others yet, but like the rest of them I've heard mixed reviews.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    WW Optimus, GI Joe Megatron and G1 Soundwave are the trifecta of shit in the Titanium line. All the others are leaps and bounds ahead of those three.

7. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Check some of these 6-inchers out for the better side of the line:

-Thundercracker/Sunstorm/Starscream
    -G1 Ultra Magnus
    -The Fallen
    -Rodimus Prime

8. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Feedback threads FTW.

9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like Jetfire the best. Megatron (G.I Joe) is the worst. I actually like Soundwave. Sure he has a diaper, falls over, and his legs fall off, but he is Soundwave, for some reason, I love him.

10. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I passed on him. I got the original and it not an improvement.

11. kasper0v

kasper0v Well-Known Member

I got this guy yesterday and I have to agree--He just looks awful next to his (two decades old) G1 counterpart. And lazerbeak doesn't look remotely like a "tape" and is a sloppy afterthought. On the upside, the head mold is great and I like what they've done with the batteries/guns. Of course, there's no excusing that gigantic dirty diaper.

12. looksgood

looksgood Well-Known Member

don't like SoundWave, too old, we are using DVD now! Make some new stuff, get soundwave reborn again:dj 

13. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    QFT. I saw Rodimus Prime and was going to get him, but, while standing in line to pay I noticed something just seemed really off. Maybe it was the plastic orange legs with the little wheels at the hips, or the trailer that wasnt really a trailer on a car that shouldnt have had a trailer to begin with. In either case, Rodimus >>>>>> RP

And just to address the original dude who posted the thread, what did you expect? The toy has a friggin diaper. If you had coughed up another $15 bucks you could have gotten the reissue with 2 tapes.

14. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    Hmmm... I dont know. Those beehives on their chests look really bad. And those little wheels under their triangle shuttle modes also seems like a mistake in the design. Get the G1 Ultra Magnus and forget the rest of the line.

15. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I've just recently acquired a collection of Titaniums...

WW Prime is not so bad at all! I got one previously owned, and I suspect the previous owner put some nail polish in the joints to make them tight. He's now one of the most solid Titaniums I own, and despite a sort of weak paint application, is a really nice figure.

"GI Joe" Megatron really really is a piece of crap. All the nail polish in the world couldn't save that mold. You could suspend it in amber, and it would still fall apart as soon as you looked at it.

Starscream/Thundercracker/Sunstorm... really NICE! I like these much more than I thought I would. They're a simple but effective design, nice articulation, stable, lots of metal content, nice paint apps. I say go for it. I was ho-hum about the space-jet mode before I got one, but holding one in your hand feels really nice. Larger than I thought, heavy, pointy... just cool.

Rodimus is also great. It's true that he has a hollow gap in his chest from the side view, but in every other sense, this figure wins (though for the record, I think the integrated trailer approach is brilliant... others may disagree). He's also one of the biggest in robot mode.

Jetfire is pretty decent. He has some minor floppiness issues, and I have a sort of fan-transformation for his backpack unit which improves his look and balance IMHO. Worthwhile.

RID Optimus Cool. I like this figure, though I do feel that his hollow lower legs are a bit lame. I realize it was done to allow for his "perfect" transformation, but to have done it a bit better, there should have been one more hatch on each leg to close off the form entirely. Otherwise, pretty cool.

So, really... I've been happy with Titanium so far. The only real turkey, the first one I bought (which almost turned me off the whole line), was GIJoe Megatron. All the others were totally worthwhile.

zmog

16. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Jetfire was my first... I was floored by how cool he was.

Then I got Scourge... well... he's cool, but he's not fun.

Then I got TC. He's awesomeness. He's not the BEST looking, but he's really good. He's fun, too. And heavy. I likes heavy.

Then I got Rodimus and was even more floored. his bot mode is kinda wonky, but he's a lot of fun, I like him a lot. The aesthetics are, well, wierd. But he's Season 3, of course they're wierd. But he's fun. :) 

17. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Heh. I think Soundwave's one of the better ones. Doesn't say much about the line, does it? How the hell are we still getting those and not more Alts.? Boggles the mind...

18. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Of course he's awesome, how could Top Cat not be?

Uh... what?

;) 

19. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked up 6Ti Soundwave a couple of months ago - major disappointment! He's on display in alt mode, as his right leg just telescopes in if I stand him.