Titanium Scourge vs. Generations Scourge

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rodimus Mike, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey all,

After discovering pics of Generations Scourge yesterday I was thinking which
    of the two Scourges do you like best Titanium Scourge or Generations Scourge.
    Myself I am more into Generations as he seems more accurate than Tit.
    Scourge in bot mode,even tho he has a more streamlined stealth plane look
    to him than the Tit. So which one do you prefer more.Let me know all.Thanks.

2. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    Generations by a mile. He just looks so much better and will likely have a lot more poseability and play value. TS Scourge is good for a TS, but not by Generations/Classics/Universe standards.

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Too soon to say, I'd need both in hand. I love the Titanium's alt mode though, but the Generations wll probably outdo it once I pick one up.

4. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I despise Titanium Scourge, floppy as hell, barely any articulation and he's pretty short for a deluxe. Just going by the one crappy picture we have of Generations Scourge I can say I probably already like him better.

5. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Agreed on all counts.... I love the Ti's alt mode, it's a fantastic modern re-creation of Scourge's old space-boat mode, to which I was always partial. I'm not as fond of the new flying wing mode, it doesn't give that sense of a "space flotilla." I also like that the bot (though floppy, as mentioned above) mode ended up with more bat-like, cape-like wings. But it seems likely that in-hand, the Generations verison will be more solid, posable, and overall a better toy in robot mode.

But yeah, too soon to say.

6. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I think the Titanium Scourge has that aesthetic G1 design, but its more updated and thats why some people have used him in the Classics/Universe/Generations collection. Because it reminds them of how badass he was, but I've notice that he didn't have a blaster in which is a bummer. Now I dig the Generations take of Scourge its different because he's a flying wing, but still they have some elements of G1 Scourge in there. And the cool thing is he has a blaster that is shaped like his Targetmaster partner, Fracas. So I'm buying the Generations version of Scourge because he'll go smoothly with my collection very nicely.

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I haven't seen GOOD pics of the generations one, but had the titanium one, and turned around and put it up for sale immediately after opening it. I'm currently rolling with the botcon scourge, and am IMMENSELY happy with it.

8. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

They both look like garbage to me.

9. teruo kaiba

teruo kaiba Made In Japan

Had TI Scourge, sold him a week later.

Right now the Botcon version is my Scourge and am planning on buying a couple of Generations Scourge to be used as his Sweeps.

10. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Yesterday I was looking at the pics of Scourge and I don't know... I think the Titanium version looks much more like Scourge, than his Generations version. But I hope that he is just mistransformed, just like I hope that Tracks is just mistransformed, because they look so crappy in the pics that are crappy by themselves...

11. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would just like to know when we can start looking for this figure on store shelves.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Generations.....but i never had Titanium Scourge though.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's early yet, but I think it's safe to say Titanium is more G1-based, while Generations has a more complex transformation. :) 

14. Stuntastic

Stuntastic Well-Known Member

Quick question.

Is there any noticeable differences between Scourge and The Sweeps?

As far as I remember from the cartoons/movie, there weren't.

15. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I say just wait for Generations Scourge, that way you'll be able to snag a few at retail (not that the Titanium is hard to find or crazy expensive). I myself almost pulled the trigger on buying the Ti, but it just didn't wow me.

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Titanium Scourge is one of the better releases from that line and it's a decent temporary Classics stand-in but the lack of poseability kills it for me. Even neck articulation would make it better. But at this point I'm eagerly awaiting the generations release to replace it.

17. WTF2005

WTF2005 Chaos Commander

Generations Scourge is... weird. At least from what's available. He does have poseability, but Titanium Scourge is much more faithful to the original - he didn't look bad (for a Titanium) and he had die-cast! Can't go wrong with that, at least imo.

18. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    You could use Genrations for the botmode, and keep Titanium for the altmode.

I dunno. Generations Scourge doesn't look all that good by classics standards, but it's hard to pass on. Deluxes are pretty cheap.

19. HollyW00d

HollyW00d Collecting Freak

Titanium wins here. Generations looks like crap, at least when we compare him to the G1 cartoon which is the whole point of the argument. Titanium Scourge is a little shorter than most of the other deluxes but he looks like the original, has decent articulation, and his alt mode is great. The only real negative is no ability to hold weapons.

20. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The biggest mistransform on the Gen Scourge photo that we've seen so far is the cape. It looked a LOT better in the CAD sketch we saw at Botcon.