TITANIUM RODIMUS rant? or rave?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jokerswild, Apr 23, 2007.

1. jokerswild

jokerswild Voice of Ashes

Ok.. so i know Titaniums dont have the greatest reputation... I've passed on every previous release and i've come across each figure in the line several times but when i saw rodimus i had to purchase him.. ( for whatever reason i love the hot rod/ rodimus character design therefore i pik up every release)

Now that I took home the figure opened it up and had several hours with the actual figure i can allow my thoughts to sink in. before i complain (or come off as comlaining) let me say i really love this figure the transformation is great a tad simple but its awsome to have a somewhat complex figure instead of the original who you just pull his legs out of a useless trailer big plus there as the one shot transformation works great. his articulation is good as well, in fact the toy rocks.

my true complaint lies with HASBRO on this one.. their quality control is crap. his lower legs pop off every time i try to pose him and his upper half is extremely loose.. if i didnt want to see how the transformation worked out i would have never taken off the clear rubberbands holding his torso together. i mean some points of this guy are really really loose.. other than that all i would change aside from the quality of this figure would be the paint.. its far too bright i liked the darker tones of classics rodimus this guys like something out of a cartoon bright and cheery... also he suffers from that top heavy look.. (he's not top heavy and stays firm in every pose i've tried...just looks it) i mean he just really looks like hes got the weight of the world on his shoulders and is so depressed he just doesnt want to stop looking @ the ground lol

all in all minus hasbros lack of care for their products (on a side note have you seen the garbage they're putting out for the spiderman3 and marvel legends lines?) this is one cool figure and wonderful tribute to rodimus... my honest opinion is i wish they uped his scale a little, forgot about the die cast, and released him as a voyager for classics but we cant always get what we want so i'll settle...

2. Baby Bumblebee

Baby Bumblebee Well-Known Member

you think thats bad the soundwave titanium wont stop being a midget. i try to stand him tall but the knees wont stay locked.

3. Zombie F Body

Zombie F Body Has left the building...

I've been meaning to grab this guy, but looks like the old tit. problems are back. I like the line because it gives us some great variants/characters, but I don't get the love for die cast that a lot of people have. Yeah, I had the toys in the 80s, but I'd rather trade nostalgia for posability. I guess to each their own, but it seems like the metal parts are more trouble than their worth, but without metal parts what's the point of a line called Titaniums, right? However, as long as they keep putting out figures like this and G1 UM, I'll take the floppy joints, I guess.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    My Rodimus is super tight...almost TOO tight to tell you the truth. All in all though, compared to WW Optimus and GI Joe Megatron, Rodimus is a Masterpiece.

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Mine is the same way on his left leg! I put some superglue on the clip inside the leg to enlarge it and it seemed to work well enough. Still was a pisser thought when I took him out and he wouldn't stand..

My rodimus is Good though, actually he is the ONLY 6 inch titanium that IS good. LOL. I am so over this line. Got all the figues I wanted anyway.

6. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell mmmm...energon

My Titanium Rodimus is flawless. tight joints, great paint apps, looks great in with the classics.

7. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Mine too. Although I worry about his waist.

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    No problems with Tit Rodimus here. In all, I think he's one of the line's best, actually. Not on par with RiD Optimus, but pretty close.

9. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    My Rodimus is fine, not a thing to complain about... Hell, even my Titanium Soundwave has fine knees and doesn't collapse on me.

As for pointing the finger at Hasbro... check the bottom of the box, these are produced by Galoob as part of the Micro Machines line. Yes, they're owned by Hasbro, but that doesn't mean they have the same quality control people checking the batches. Even with Titanium going through so many waves they're still being checked by a subsidiary that's used to doing toy cars, they don't have experience with action figures to know what to check, let alone transforming ones.

10. AMG

AMG Old School

Rodimus is the only Titanium I own, I've passed on all the rest of them. I've kept him unopened because he looks so cool in the window box display with flames going up the side of the box. Awesome looking packaging and figure combo. I think he's the best looking version of Rodimus Prime out there.

By the sounds of things, I'm not missing too much by not opening him. These loose joint complaints seen to plague a good number of Titanium TFs.

11. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Loose joints on Rodimus are a very rare case, while they plague some Titaniums, Rodimus isn't one of them. And if he is loose, the way Titaniums are packed you can put him right back in the plastic shell and he'll look the same, so long as you open it carefully.

12. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I've got Jetfire, Thundercracker, Scourge and Rodimus now.

Overall, Thundercracker is my favorite. He just doesn't have any flaws. A few articulation complaints, but otherwise, I have no issues with his transformation, aesthetics, or general FEEL, if you get what I mean.

Rodimus is a VERY close #2. His Transformation and posability outweigh TC, but the chest leaning forward? Points lost on that one, buddy.

However. Rodimus, wow. aside from his midsection joint (The screw on the slide, you extend it for bot mode, collapse it for space-winnebego mode), every single joint is appropriately tight... or REALLY &^%$ING TIGHT. His waist swivel has popped out of its socket a few times because it's so tight, but that's the only time he's ever come apart for me. The legs are VERY secure on mine.

I think you got a dud, my friend. :( 

13. jokerswild

jokerswild Voice of Ashes

my complaint isnt truly with the fig i think its the best rodimus out there.. ust wish the spoiler was bigger but i'm sure someone will find a way to do that... my complaint lies with the quality control... but as we all know there are ways of fixing loose joints