Titanium Rodimus Prime worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bluestreak76, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

I've been wanting a Titanium Transforming Rodimus Prime for awhile now but they are getting pretty expensive on Ebay. How good is the figure? Is it worth the money? I'm a Hot Rod/ Rodimus Prime collector.

The only thing I don't like about the figure is the wheels are way too narrow and need replaced.

2. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    It's not that bad.

Though the wheels aren't a problem. Main issues I have with the mold are that it looks like crap from a profile view due to all the empty space, and it can be tricky to get good poses with it sometimes.

3. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, he has a hollow mid section and his head is awkwardly placed, all when looking at him from the side. Also, you can't really pivot his arms at the shoulder without holding down the whole torso so it doesn't disslodge from his waist. Those, to me, are the only real problems. He's still a good figure though and my favorite version of Rodimus Prime (of all of the two that have now been made). So I guess it's weather or not you really like Rodimus Prime- but if your kinda indifferent to the character, I wouldn't pay more then $25.

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's one of the best, most solid Titaniums I have and I recommend you buy him NOW!

5. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    I am a big fan of my Ti-Roddy - he's a great design (albeit one with somewhat mixed execution here and there) and matches well with the other Titanium and Classics figs I have.

So go get him!

6. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hes a great update to him. i say go for it he is a win for me.

7. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn You Are Out of Range

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Titaniums Rodimus is... okay. It's mostly free of the glaring problems that typify the large Titaniums, but it still isn't up to even today's general quality standards. I'm very amused to have a toy of Flaming Winnebago that isn't the old G1 stinkpile, but just like any Titanium, I wouldn't pay very much over original retail for it.

If you just want a Rodimus Prime, would you give some consideration to Energon Roddy? Jet engine-powered racing semicab is a way more appropriate upgrade for Hot Rod, if you ask me. :) 

8. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Get him hes a good update. same gripes as stated above but still worth it.
    [​IMG]

9. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    I like the Henkei the best, Classics next after that. The Titanium looks awesome from the dead-front, but the slouch and hallowed back/mid-section turned me off.

EDIT:

You should get it anyway if you collect the character. It's a fine edition. My prior advice was based off of making a choice.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  10. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    It depends how much you're paying for him. He's a good figure... unlike most Titaniums, he has nice tight ratcheting joints, paint apps are clean and crisp (Sort of a startling contrast to, say, Universe Prowl) and... to be honest, he's really the only option aside from an original G1 Rodimus.

Energon Rodimus... eh, I still have trouble with the massive, massive feet. This one is much better from the front... I just wish they had gone the extra step and given us a way to push the upper body together to close that gap. That would have corrected the vast majority of his flaws.

If you can get him for something reasonably close to retail, do it, but if we're talking the $50 range... wait. Fansproject is rumored to be working on a City Commander-esque armor for Classics Rodimus.

11. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I recommend him as he looks mighty fine with Universe Galvatron.

12. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    the menasor repaint is an uninspired brick....i say avoid it...

13. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:

How can you say that? He looks badassed rollin with his black brothas!!!

TEAM NEMESIS!!!!!!

[​IMG]

14. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    his alt mode yes...robot mode sucks!

15. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:

true very true. but the vehicle mode is enough for me to get it. But then again, Im smart enough to buy them at retail. Not inflated prices. of course on clearance or on sale would have been better but oh well.

16. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

If you're a big fan of Rodimus, like me, I'd say he's worth it provided the price isn't anything outrageous.

17. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've only bought two Titanium figures, one of them was Jetfire and the other was Rodimus Prime.

Jetfire turned me off the line completely. Anytime I'd go to the toy store, I'd just walk past the Titaniums without sparing them so much as a glance. However...

When Rodimus was released, I thought the figure looked really good, so I gave Titanium a second chance. Rodimus restored my faith so much in the line that I started to hunt around for the older figures, but by then they'd pretty much disappeared from shelves, at least here in Taiwan. My only gripes with Rodimus are his gigantic gap where his torso should be and the fact that his spoiler has to be folded up in alt mode. Other than that, I think he's an absolutely amazing figure.

He's quite poseable, has really good detailing and doesn't fall apart into a mess of parts like most of the rest of the line. Yes, his chest doesn't clip in quite as tightly as it should in robot mode, so it can pop out when moving his arms and yes, his head has a slightly odd shape to the back of it, but if you can overlook his few flaws (and for a Titanium, he has very few flaws), he is truly a great figure. He's even earned himself a place of honour next to my Encore Optimus, Megatron and TRU Classics Soundwave.

18. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He is the only titanium figure I have, but I really like him. I think both of his modes look great. he feels sturdy, and is fun to fiddle with. I say if you find him at a reasonable price get him.

19. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

Cool thanks^^

I haven't found any at a reasonable price yet but i've been looking. Hot Rod is my fav G1 bot. I like Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime.

I'm gonna get Titanium Rodimus, G1 Rodimus Prime, and Prolly Alternators Rodimus.

As far as Fansproject upgrade, I don't see it. HTF could you convert Rodimus who is based on a Dome Zero japanese sports car into a Futuristic RV?

LOL I noticed alot of the Youtube reviews say that they dont know what Rodimus Prime's vehicle mode is...LOL its def an RV.

20. jksit1

jksit1 The Chosen One

One of my fave characters and Transformer toys. Does have it's flaws but you manage to see pass them after while...