Titanium RID Optimus worth keeping MISB?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CrypticIllusionist, Jul 31, 2007.

1. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Hi. Pretty much as the title says. This figure just showed up this morning and I have yet to even open the box it was delivered in. I'm unsure of whether or not to open and enjoy it. I checked for it on eBay and prices I saw for it were much less than I was expecting. I know it's still recent and not in high demand (most likely because it's not G1), but I saw titanium Rodimus go for more than I expected on eBay just a couple weeks after I bought it.
    Anyway, the question here: Will 6" titanium RID Optimus Prime be worth a lot in the future if left MISB?

2. BadJeff

BadJeff Bite my shiny metal ass!

If you bought it to sit on it and make a buck in the future, opening it wouldn't be too sharp. Myself, I open eveything and put it on display. I couldn't last 2 days trying to keep something MISB unless I have a spare. My collection is for my enjoyment, not future profitability.

3. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Even the sealed original figures can be had for slightly less than what they went for at retail.

No sense in keeping this one sealed.

4. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I say take it out and enjoy it. Plus, you can get another one to keep MISB for the next 40 years or whatever, since they aren't too pricey right now.

I just don't see any current domestic releases that aren't limited in some fashion, increasing drastically in value for a very long time. Remember, most of the older TF's are worth money because when they came out there was no ebay(and most people didn't assume they'd be worth something later), so most people didn't try to keep them MISB or as close to mint as possible.

It's pretty much the same thing with comics these days also. There's too many people out there hanging onto whatever they assume might be the next big 6 figure first issue of whatever it is, for it to be worth that much in the future.

This is also aided by the fact that it's "too easy" to keep collectibles in great condition these days with acrylic cases, UV resistant bags, etc.

5. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Good point. Thanks for the responses; I think I will go ahead and open this one.