Titanium Prowl & Grimlock

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by a person, Sep 17, 2007.

1. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Does anybody know if these guys will be released or not?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Hasbro said they'll be the last of the Titanium line I think. I havent heard when they'll be released.

3. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    I dont know but I really want that Prowl to go on my Prowl shelf. I really hope I see this thing.

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hasbro did say they miiiiiiight be released, but if so, they're gonna be a major pain in the ass to find. I wouldn't really bet too much on it. Just wait and see I guess.

5. BaronV

BaronV MonsterOfTheWeek.com

I thought it was confirmed in another thread that these will be released. Is their release not 100% confirmed though and if it will happen by the end of this year for the holiday season at least?

6. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow I haven't seen Prowl before. It looks amazing.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Hasbro said that they'll be released, but they'll be hard to find. I'm thinking either store exclusive like the last Alts, or maybe even HTS / Club store exclusive.

8. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Target has the monopoly on 6 inch Titaniums at this point... Sure Kmart might have a few leftover, but they are probably from the last time they were available everywhere...

9. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

I kinda hope they rework them in full plastic and release them in Classics 2.0

10. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Yeah, Prowl's alt mode is awesome. Bot mode could use some more colours on the arm, but it's ok.

Grimlock is awesome, hope both of these make it out. At least finish Titaniums with a bang, not a whimper like alot of the other toy series.

11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    That Prowl is nice....I want.

12. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    *seconded*

I'm not really a fan of die cast... (RIP WST Soundwave. I'm sorry 20th Prime crushed you)

Sure, it adds weight to the toy, but IT ADDS WEIGHT. Not good for poorly designed joints.

I paid the "error price" of $5 for 2 of 3 (one was a gift) six inch titaniums I have. I still feel ripped off.

Sure, it was the first two, but I'd have rather have had them not released at all. (GI Joe Megs and WW Prime) They left a VERY bad taste in my mouth, and I've passed on some good figures because of that (Fallen- the only one I really regret, Roddy, and Menasor come to mind, not to mention Scourge, RID Prime, and WW Starscream, and G1 Magnus)

It wouldn't surprise me this is why the line failed. Too many people like me getting a bad taste after getting the first two. And at $15 a pop (usually more- even HTS wants $16 for them) and all I'm getting is a deluxe with a stand... I want more than that, designed better, less of a pain in the ass to open, and something that doesn't fall apart if you look at it.

13. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not being full plastic is far from the only problem with the Tits, they're just badly engineered. They needed different types of joints and a few extra transformation steps here and there, like Magnus' shoulders being able to slide forward, which would have been super easy but they didn't fucking bother with. There's really a ton of problems with the toys. I'm glad the line is dying, and I hope that the upcoming Universe/Classics continues in the same vein at some point, with comic characters and all, but with the mainline style engineering they deserve.