Titanium Prime or other?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rodimus Mike, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey all,

I don't know if this belongs in discussion or not,please move it if it don't,thanks.

Now my question is this,should I buy Titanium Optimus Prime or save my money
    and get something else?. I have seen both Cybertron Wing Saber,Unicron,and
    Sky Shadow at wally world,and Series 3 & 4 LOC figs at Freds. So should I get
    one of the others or Tit. Prime as I've heard mixed feelings about him?. Thanks.

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I love Tit Prime, personally. Great little figure, if you're willing to be gentle. But, in spite of that, I'd have to advise you get the Wing Saber. He's proving kind of hard to come by, and if you have Cybertron Optimus, you really want a Wing Saber.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I don't have Titanium Prime since I was highly unimpressed when I saw it in stores, but I can say the rest of those on your list are excellent toys. Unicron is a little floppy but some nail polish fixes that fairly well.

4. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy SeƱor Member TFW2005 Supporter

6" tit prime is awsome.

5. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Should you buy Titanium Prime, you should keep it in its packaging and not open it. I'd get it for the mere fact that it's the first toy version of the War Within Optimus to be released.

If you have Cybertron (GC-01 or such) Prime then go get Wing Saber just to complete the "set" though you do realize that you'll spend practically double what you'll spend on Titanium Prime.

I'll opt to skip the LOC's since they are quite common around here (except for the LOC Optimus).

Just my thoughts....

6. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

I love the titanium prime. I nailpolished the ball joints and he is a lot more fun to play with.

7. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    I can tell you what I think of the toys but I can't tell you exactly what to buy since in the end that's your decision.

Titanium Optimus Prime: I like him. It's good and heavy and despite what I've read, mine has yet to fall apart. The shoulders on mine tend to flop a bit but once I got the hang of him, he was alright. The vehicle isn't that great and the articulation is limited but he's not bad for a figure that's what, 80% die cast metal.

Unicron: Great toy. Transformation can be a pain but he is a very good toy. Fantastic articulation but planet mode looks a bit cheesy in my opinion.

Wing Saber: He's not bad at all as a stand-alone figure and compliments Cybertron Prime very well. Far, far better than the Energon Prime/Wing Saber combo.

Sky Shadow: I'm sorry, I'm not sure which one that is.

8. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    If you can still get him at the $4.99 price then yes, pick one up. I honestly think the die cast is a negative trait of the figure though. It limits his posability greatly.

9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Considering Cybertron Unicron (awesome figure, BTW) doesn't have a planet mode, I suppose he would look cheesy in planet mode.

10. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure Rodimus Mike was referring to the tank Unicron, not the planet one from A/E. And Sky Shadow is a Cybertron Jetfire repaint.

As for my opinion, I've picked up every one you've mentioned except Sky Shadow (I don't care for repaints very much). I like the 6" Tit Prime, die-cast and all. Wing Saber's great, but even better with Cybertron Prime (if you have him). Tank Unicron is ok, but not my favorite. The LOC figs are great and your money will go a lot father with them, but I'd suggest getting Wing Saber first. I think he'll be harder to find later on as the Cybertron series ends.

11. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    D'oh! This is what I get for being half-asleep when I answer posts.

12. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Well guys and girls,

I ended up getting 6" Tit Prime,but I had enough money to put Cyb Wing Saber
    on layaway,and I am sure glad I got Tit Prime,as I was just bout to pass on him.He
    is the best Prime since RID,and I also do have Cyb Prime, can't to get wing saber
    to form sonic wing mode,I also have leobreaker and I read on here where you could
    add him to prime and wing saber without having to take primes arm off,I will
    look it up when I get him.Thanks yall.

13. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

...okay we should really use TTN for Titanium. I really don't like seeing the phrase "The bigger tits are floppy" over and over again.

And yes I think he's badass.

14. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Big TiT Megs is scary,

Big Tit's Optimus Prime is actually pretty Fantastic.

15. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would've suggested getting the Cybertron stuff first, but oh well. At least you got the Wing Saber on layaway. Late line releases are always harder to find later than early ones. You'll probably see Tit Prime way more times than you're gonna see Cybertron Wing Saber/Unicron etc. Maybe you'll find everything else again though.