Titanium Primal Prime and Soundblaster

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Captain Craig, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Well-Known Member

Scanned a few pages and didn't see so my apoligies if this has been covered recently.

On the back of the TRU exclusive Titanium War Within Grimlock and Prow are head shots of a Primal Prime and Soundblaster. Repaints obviously, but my question is do they exist? If so are they mass market retail or an exclusive to another outlet. Online or other retailer.

Thanks for helping the noob out on these boards.

2. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    They were shown at BotCon but will not and have not made it to market.

The pictures on the TRU boxes just appear to be holdovers.

3. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Next year SDCC exclusives is my guess.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Primal Prime and Soundblaster were originally (as in, "2006" originally) intended to come out as mass retail releases together with Prowl and Grimlock.

But then the Titanium line was cancelled as a mass retail line. Hasbro still displayed Soundblaster and Primal Prime at BotCon 2007, under the assumption that they would be coming out one way or another.

Then it was decided that Prowl and Grimlock would come out as Target exclusives, but nothing solid has been confirmed thus far regarding the fate of Soundblaster and Primal Prime.

The only reason they're depicted on Prowl and Grimlock's packaging was because, as stated above, they were planned to come out at the same time as those toys in 2006, and the packaging for Prowl and Grimlock was most likely already produced back then.

5. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Well-Known Member

Thanks guys.

I hope they come out as exclusives on some level. Retail, online or convention I'd like to get them. Especially the Soundblaster/Ravage although I do like the Primal Prime color scheme also almost equally as much.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Soundblaster must have got pretty far into production, there's also a bio that came out in Feb 2007 for him.

Entirely possible that he might pop up as an SDCC exclusive, though there's a ton of unmade 3 inch Titaniums who were at a similar point (including a new mold Soundwave) so maybe he'll just go down as another "planned never released" toy.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Fixed.

Anyway, no, they won't come out. I'd be surprised if they were produced, and the line was cancelled some time ago.