Titanium pegged bases may be in our future.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jestermon, Aug 24, 2006.

1. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

I called Hasbro a few minutes ago and told them, about the Titanium 3 inch problem, they claimed to not have received any complaints.

The representative said that he would contact me when they found out about the issue, I told them that this may be a big issue costing them sales of the fans that want to purchase them.

I told them of various Targets that seem to be overladen with them I think due to the base issue. The employ said he would put it on the Target E-board because he was unaware of the issue and had told me the guy in electronics had pointed out the initial Titanium price swap to them.

I know many of you planned not to pick them up but for the ones that do, is this the big issue why you are not getting them as well?

I know it is for me when I buy a $4 dollar display piece I want all the parts to be correct, thanks just wondering what you guys think.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Cool , thanks!

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did find it a bit perplexing that some of the 3" Titanium bases had pegs, and others did not. And the 6" could really use them too.

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Maybe people aren't buying them because they suck, and it has nothing to do with a peg on a base?

I know that's why I'm not buying them.

5. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I doubt anyone's not buying because of the pegs, but it would sure be nice to have them. Proper pricing wouldn't hurt either.

6. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

I don't think the 6 inch ones need the pegs, but My Beast Megatron has a peg, but then Unicron did not... Luckily Unicron can stand on his own without the peg. The Stands makes a nice badge though.

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I was actually tempted by a couple of these guys when I found them at my nearest Forbidden Planet, at the U.K's retail price, £4, (around $8), but when I saw the designs in Person, I cringed.
    O.k, when forbidden Planet gets Predaking, and E-Skorpy, I'll probably get them, even though I really find it hard to think of paying such a rip-off Price just because HasbroUK want more profit.

8. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Ark Titanium is beggin for a peg

9. tapestry100

tapestry100 poke a badger w/a spoon TFW2005 Supporter

so true - i haven't had a problem with any of my other 3" figs yet, just the ark

10. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

That's funny; I just bought my first 3' Titanium today, Beast Wars Megatron and his base didn't have a peg at all. I thought it was odd that the figure has a hole in his foot, but there was no corresponding peg on the stand... Then again I don't really care one way or the other; to me one of those little pegs might get busted after multiple times removing Megs from the base for different set ups.

I don't see why people are having a hard time getting into these little suckers, but then again I just started; maybe the fun factor will ware off after a time... I know for a fact I love little PVC style figs and the fact that they're made out of metal is just icing on the cake.

Plus it doesn't seem to me that noone is buying them; Tuesday the TRU had tons, but Thursday there were only two Unicrons and two Predacon Megs. I think the bad thing is those Star Wars Titans (I refuse to abbreviate them as Tits.) have enticed me as well; I also had no idea that the Micro Machine brand name had been slapped on'em.

11. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

I think it's the fact that MOST of them are uglier than sin. So gar only G1 Optimus, Best Megs and Unicron are ones worthy of getting.

The Biggers are better though (Megs not so much though)

12. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

All of them that I bought can stand fine without the base, and that's how I'm putting them on my display shelf to save space. The only one where it's an issue at all is the Ark, and the base that came with WWI Prime has a peg so that's what I'm using for it.

I'm not even going to bother with the bases for the 6" guys. I display everything in Alt mode (a rarity in the fandom judging by the collection photos I've seen, but whatever), and Megs and WWI Prime don't really fit on those bases in alt mode that well.

13. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I love the titanium figures, I only have 2 3' ones though. Arc and Starscream. I am not buying another autobot until I find one with a peg, so the Arc can stand up!

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I think alt. jazz looks pretty damn nice.

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I just bought Prime, BB, and Alt SS and none of them have pegs. I was thinking this was only going to be a wave 1 problem because I have Alt Jazz and Alt Swipe with pegs. I haven't opened any of the ones I just got today, but from what I can tell their feet don't even have the peg holes either. What gives?