Minor/Repaint: Titanium Jetfire Minor Touch-ups/alternate transformation (lots of pics)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by evrdazed, Oct 19, 2006.

1. evrdazed

evrdazed Well-Known Member

So I picked up Titanium Jetfire the other day, and was pretty impressed by the figure. I was lucky enough to grab one with pretty decent QC, but felt that alot of the molded details in the plastic parts need to be brought out to match the diecast parts... the details i added were very small, but effective IMHO.

just the standard shot, notice the panel lining, i liked the way it turned out
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I painted the nozzles in his feet silver to make it more interesteing, I also added yellow detailing to the "lights" parts of his legs. I also made the tail fins on the left arm rotate 180 degrees to make it more dinamic, i did this by pulling off the tailfin part, and by removing some of the plastics on the arm, it is able to rotate freely. I did however left some parts of the plastic cylinder behind so that the arm guards click into place.
    [​IMG]

One of the things that bothered me about his alt mode is the gaping hole between his wings and his legs. I found that by transforming him like this, you can close the gap.
    [​IMG]

Here are some comparison pics of before and after:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. evrdazed

And just for comparison, I have a 1/100 macross figure that's approximately the same scale, so it's interesting to see them side by side.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    too bad jetfire is not as flexible/posable as his counterpart:
    [​IMG]

alt modes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kudos to the designers for picking up on some of the details of the macross version. The feet is dead on, and so are the legs (to macross w/armour). The bad thing about titanium transformers is that it's not very easy to hack them up, oh well.

3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Nice job on both Jetfire and the Valkyrie! What did you panel line them with? A Gundam marker?

4. P1atinumGQ

P1atinumGQ Devourer of Transformers

Great job on Jetfire. I think I will be panel lining all of my Titaniums as well.

5. evrdazed

thanks. I just used Steadtler pigment liner, the smallest size they have. I draw the lines with it, and wipe of the excess with tissue papers.

6. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

very very badass. I like it

7. zailand

zailand Well-Known Member

Very detailed. Luv da new look. Nice work!

8. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Looking good.