Minor/Repaint: Titanium Alternators Hot Pursuit

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Superquad7, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    In the midst of working on some customs I randomly got inspired to do something else. I was at Target the other day and I ran across the 3" Titanium toys, most notably the ones made of my beloved Alternators. As I looked at Side Swipe, the random inspiration struck me. So I went home with him and put forth my plan:

I've had a REALLY busy week with work this week due to Vacation Bible School, and I didn't really feel like continuing full force on what was already on my table. This project was small enough task-wise, to allow me to have a mini-side project for the week while also letting me concentrate on more important things.

For those of you who may not know, I started customizing and kitbashing in Dec. 04. Hot Pursuit (the bot in my avatar) is my first custom that I completed (Jan. 05). He's always going to be really special in that regard. Here is a photo of him, just for reference sake:

[​IMG]

HP is a kitbash between Alt Side Swipe and Alt Dead End. When I saw the Titanium Alt Side Swipe, this is how my gears started to turn (knowing that Titanium Sunstreaker will be a repaint of this same mold also). I've basically spent a day on this repaint (in terms of total hours), include the photo shoot I took (which will not win any awards by any means). Anyways, here he is, Titanium Alternators Hot Pursuit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd take a photo of both Alt HP and T-HP together, but HP is in the shop getting a few updates with his police graphics and such (HP got a new set of rims a few weeks ago). I hope to take a photo of both of these customs together soon though!

. . . and I just thought it was kinda neat to have a custom of a custom.

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks pretty nice! I hadn't even thought of customizing titaniums before, not a bad idea. I notice the arms aren't gray like the full size, was that intentional?

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    The arms are a darker gray on the Titanium. I just left them the factory color since I also left the arms of Alt HP the same color.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    :thumb 

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool idea, bro!:thumb 

6. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    awesome! I love it!

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    hehe they did end up lookin' good Allen :D 

8. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

woah man i like it makes that titanium figure look alot better, im not a fan of those figure line but eith those colours it looks alot better. Also love the full alternator version to man thats class