Heavy/Scratch: Titanic Bot custom, High detail, WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by G G D, Mar 22, 2008.

1. G G D

G G D Active Member

do you remeber the Titanic bot? I finally found mine and decided to detail it up. I will be doing some heavy mods but for now its bone stock. I will add some pics later. Should the Titanic bot be an Autobot or a Decdepticon? This is going to be a fun custom.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    should make it an autobot, and find a rock lord to make into an iceberg decepticon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm voting autobot.

4. G G D

G G D Active Member

thats a good idea. damn it, I just sold all my rock lords too.

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    oh, cruel fate!

6. G G D

G G D Active Member

ok so after working on this all day, I really have not accomplished much but drilling some windows and adding some railing that turned out not so good. Im trying to make all my details out of metal. But this is too small and the metal is not working so good. I may end up using styrene for the details. I plan on adding lighting so thats why I had to drill out some windows. There is still a lot of work ahead for me but here are some pictures so you can get a feel of what Im doing.

edit: spelling

7. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    It looks like it could be a little tough, but I wish you the best of luck for completing it. Oh by the way do you have a name for this or thats work in progress as well, if not than thats cool.

8. G G D

G G D Active Member

hmmmmm, never really thought about a name. Thanks for bringing that up. My mind has been racing over what kind of work Im going to put into this project a name for this bot has not occured to me. I literally have spent the last 5 hours on soldering or trying to solder steel wire together to make railing. And it still has not worked. So if anybody wants to try and come up with a name feel free to post it here.

Actually if anybody can think of any good ideas at all for modifications let me know. The titanic bot is pretty rare so most of you will not have one in your collection to study, but if something comes to you please add it to the idea lab.

9. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Hey thats cool it was just a thought though. But if something comes up I'll let you know first thing.

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I've never even heard of this guy. What's the robot mode look like??

11. G G D

G G D Active Member

I can't get any bot mode pics because hes all in pieces at the moment. You can google titanic bot and find pics of bot mode. Its goofy but has potential.

12. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
  13. REDLINE

News Credits:
    If you gave it a waist joint, and extendable legs, he wouldn't look goofy I think.

14. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Maybe he could use it from Armada Tidal Wave. but I dont know if it could work. What do you think, Redline?

15. REDLINE

News Credits:
    Do you mean, use it AS a TW, or use the upper legs from TW? Using the upper legs could work, but you'd not have any knees unfortunately.

16. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

i thought about making a scratch built one from a 1/350 model . imagine that if you will the hull on it is over 16'' long lol. something useful hmm deff add the water line i see you already got rid of the stupid windup part. maybe figure a way to make him look like the titanic from beyond the grave. like they resurfaced it and it got touched by the allspark. kooky i know but it fits for a good story line lol. a little off subject i followed this link posted by ezilla up above and found this http://www.stupid.com/stat/BMOV.html i gotta get some of these for my decepticons to terrorize.

cant wait to see what you do next keep us updated

17. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    First off I dont know what AS stands for, and second yes the upper legs from Tidal Wave. Is there a way to modifiy those legs to include a knee joint. Wait a minute what about using a ball joint for the knee. I dont know if that would work, but I'm just throwing ideas. GGD, hey what ever you do to make this work then go for it.

18. REDLINE

News Credits:
    it doesn't stand for anything, its just the word "as" :p 

you could add a knee joint, simply by cutting off a joint from something else that is of the same size (long as it bends the way you want and can support the weight you want) and attach it.

19. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Man, I should've saw that comin', but anyways I'm cool with it. Well Redline, we'll have to wait and see what GGD has to say or his thoughts of the matter. But we do have some good ideas though, I'm impressed with that. I did mentioned on another thread similar to this one, that making an iceberg into a blaster.

20. G G D

G G D Active Member

Funny you bring up the model because Im actually building up a 1/700 Titanic model along with the titanic bot, wich in the future I will try and scratch build a Transformer out of it. Man, if I only had the time and money. I figured the model could give me some ideas. That wind up motor part made this bot look dumpy so I had to remove that eyesore first thing, lol.

Thanks for your suggestions guys. As for using TW parts, I think TW may be way to big. Plus, Im tring to do as little kitbashing as possible and every non stock part will be custom made, and out of metal if possible. I like to kit bash, but this time I really want to try and challenge myself by creating something that will not be copyable or at least not copied very easy. You know, something thas has your signature in the build and will stand out in a collection besides the fact that it was simply repainted a bright color. Adding joints to this bot is a must, as this bot was initially designed like a brick really. And a pivoting waist, that would be sweet but will take a lot of work. Im definatly going to try it though.

Unfortunatly work has me coming home very late and Im waiting for the hobby shop guy to get me my special tools. I dont know if I will have any significant progress this week but I will try my best. Ill keep this thread updated for sure.