Titan UK Site with Cover to UK Transformers Animated #1

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by knook, Aug 2, 2008.

1. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Transformers Animated Issue 1 information on Titanmagazines

Titan Comics

Can't wait :) 

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nobody?

3. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    There's supposed to be a blaster of sorts as a free gift,
    Titan Magazine has updated their site, which includes some info regarding Titan Transformers Animated #1, slated to be released this October 23.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    looks good to me!

5. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I win again!

6. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Oh yeah Baby!

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Looking good. I was initially a little disappointed when I had a look at John McCrea's leaked artwork, as it seems to indicate that this first issue has to do with the Autobots dealing with a human super-villain instead of the Decepticons. But I'd still puchase it all the same.

8. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    I dunno, I fell out of the whole Animated thing. Maybe my son would like this.

9. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If its going to be the best part of £3.00 each issue it will have to be better than what I have seen of it so far to buy it every month. The preview they showed a few months ago in the current UK Transformers comic didnt look very good and the Sideswipe design I have seen looked pretty awful.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I just hope it won't have pages wasted on character profiles for a TF that has been barely featured except in a few panels in the reprinted BW comic, and pages given over to Bumblebee reviewing videogames like a certain other TF comic did last issue. There are enough competitions in there already without having reviews of non-TF products and trying to validate it by putting them as Bumblebee reviews. At least the Starscream letter-answering is in character.
    And yeah, the cover for TF:A UK #1 is still the same as was shown in the last issue of the TF magazine a month ago, I was expecting some new artwork when I saw the thread title.

Yes, I'm having a grumpy night.

11. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The movie comic really seems to have reached the point where it's scrabbling for material from issue to issue, doesn't it? I rolled my eyes so hard when I saw those "Bumblebee reviews" I think I saw my own brain a little. I've no great aversion to the Beast Wars character profiles (beyond the fact I own them already *waves Sourcebooks*), but it's steadily seeming more and more like there's no real CONTENT between the strips, just... ads and space-filler.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Phew - at least it's not just me then.
    Normally I don't mind the profiles (even though, yes, anyone with the sourcebooks has them already), but Elephorca? Really? Ravage I could understand as he's had a nice part to play in the reprinted strip, but the other guy has just been - well - there doing very little.

Really I have to wonder why I buy it. I already get the IDW titles that are reprinted in this, so I'm paying almost three quid for some reader letters and drawings and a learn to draw thing that's pretty crap. And heck, I'm even buying the IDW reprints of the UK-originated strips, so how dumb am I?
    Maybe if the Animated had just taken over from the movie stuff in the current UK title it might be okay(ish), and then switch focus back when BayFormers 2 rolls around, but if I'm already considering the current one to be pointless I'm hardly of the mind I want to shell out for an additional TF comic each month with more of the same, just in an Animated flavour, and which will most likely fill pages soon by reprinting the IDW Animated stuff I'm already getting.

Still, if I wasn't already getting the IDW stuff then I'd be lapping the UK comic up as much as I was back in the 80s, as this is essentially the same kind of thing with reprints of the American titles and stuff.

I guess I've just got too old for these particular UK titles. :(