Titan Returns Trypticon

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by ChErikS, Jun 6, 2017.

1. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Whoa! VERY NICE!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Metroplex[IH]

Metroplex[IH] Well-Known Member

I’m genuinely very happy for you!

3. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Me too! I almost didn't buy him because I was very afraid of the problems and to be honest, if I didn't find him on sale I wouldn't have taken the risk. But now that I can see on my shelf Trypticon facing his archnemesis I'm incredibly happy. Now I need Scorponok to complete my citybots collection.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Metroplex[IH]

I’m hoping for Omega supreme so I have someone to face Devestator. If only volcanicus had been similarly sized, I’d have someone to face-off against Predaking...

5. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    weijiang omega supreme. Cant wait for it. He will look awesome with trypticon.

I finally put my reprolabels on him..what a chore..but it was fun. I highly recommend the reprolabel for trypticon. He is awesome without them..but he now looks like a nice high end figure with all that bling and detail.

6. Metroplex[IH]

He looks great, but I'm done buying Third Party. Been burned too many times, not that Hasbro always delivers or anything, but they are so expensive it's rarely worth the risk. Here's to hoping TRU's demise doesn't kill any chance of future Titan Class figures...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why do people think that Hasbro wont make product because one retailer is gone? Hasbro does just fine selling product to other places. I would argue that retailers just may add 2 extra aisles to toy sections now. Knowing that the "toy only" store is gone, Target, Walmart and others will fight to wear the "toy king" crown.

I bet if you looked at revenue from each retailer, TRU would not be the best at moving a companies product. Im still in love with TRU..but the business model was shot years ago.

TRUs demise will not impact a massive company like Hasbro's decisions weather or not to make big toys. They know they will sell in walmart or online.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Metroplex[IH]

You are probably right.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I bought the majority of these toys off the net. I didn't even want to deal with the hassle of going into a TRU. Don't misunderstand, I'm saddened by their closing, but it's mostly assuredly not the end of the world.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Godert Walter

Godert Walter Well-Known Member

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    Are there any good 3rd party add-ons? Just got Trypticon today and he is great though the knees are loose, and dont hold very well. But the hips work great.

12. Spicytron

Spicytron Well-Known Member

The 3rd party market hasn't paid much attention to Trypticon, though you can get some radar dishes from Reprolabels' sticker pack, as well as various ramps and what-not from Shapeways.

Honestly I don't know why they didn't jump on Trpticon. when Metroplex was released I believe there were two different attempts at Sixgun. Sadly, Brunt has been all but forgotten.

Though to be fair, I don't think there's been an attempt at Fortress Maximus' little buddy Cog, either.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Spether

Spether Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Raawrrr!!!

IMG_20180323_110537.jpg

Damn, this guy is fun!

• Like Like x 10
  14. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    This thread is still alive?

Nice excuse to post a Dusty Hiptocon Photo (TM) (C)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  15. Metroplex[IH]

Very pretty

• Like Like x 1
  16. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What do people think of the Toyhax sticker set versus the official one. Haven't applied either yet.

17. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Originally I was going to pass on the toy hax set because I really liked how it looked with the factory stickers, and I didnt think I would like all the stickers covering up the clear green ramp.

Blackfriday sale happened..I bought it.

The radar dishes are seriously chinsy. I mean..they really dont even work to peg in so dont go in to the set for them..they suck. you can make em work but know that goin in.

As for the sticker set applied..its truly glorious. Ive said before that Trypticon may be the finest example of adding a 3rd party sticker set to a retail figure. There are LOTS of shiny chrome style stickers and when the light hits him not he really looks like a much MUCH more expensive, detailed toy. You WILL spend a while putting them on. I broke it up over 3 days I think with tweezers and an exacto knife. There are some really cool stickers too..Like in base more there are little signs every where with arrows "to space bridge" and sorts that give detail on the toy purpose.

Dino mode looks simply stunning with the set. It really brings out alot of the detail along his back and sides,

Ship mode really comes to life as its own mode, and I do say it does look more like a ship now. I really enjoy it more.

City mode wins for what mode gets the biggest upgrade. All the windows transform a static chunk of plastic, to looking like the main spire of the city with shiny windows and tons of detail to say "I AM a city" I did end up putting the ramp stickers over the green and it looks SO much more finished.

Its highly recommended.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Blackdragon27

Blackdragon27 Well-Known Member

Yeah I love the toyhax stickers for this guy. Just like with Metroplex and Fortress Maximus I bought the set for that extra detailing in city mode with the windows. Also love that they give you chrome stickers for his teeth.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    metroplex and maxx's sticker sets did alot..big trypticon has the biggest TFmation for me. its one set I would say to anyone..JUST GET IT if you can afford it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Spether

Spether Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guys, thanks for the extra info and recommendations on the Trypticon set. I will definitely be picking that one up.

Since you brought up the Metroplex Toyhax set I have a question for you: I recently bought the LG-EX version and do you think that the Toyhax stickers would work on that paint scheme? There's a lot more white on the Takara figure.