Titan Returns Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lady Slipstream, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I find it odd that people keep using Megs as a base for Guiltaur when it seems to me that Optimus is the logical choice. Oh well.

I got Sixshot a few days ago from HTS and he's really one of my favorites and my first TR Leader. So the oversized face/Brainmaster thing was new to me. It ended up being mostly a non-issue as almost right away I just went to leaving the head in place for every mode. It really is an immense pain (literally, I even ended up poking my thumb one time) getting that head out, in fact the last time I did it, I used a letter opener, plus the integration is virtually useless; no other head looks good and Revolver doesn't look good on anyone either as an incomplete head. Plus like some others here, I am concerned about long time use chipping away at that white paint. So, he's not really a headmaster for me anymore (except as a secret surprise), but that doesn't detract in the least, he even can copy the original box art/tech spec art rather well.

Sixshot Boxart.jpg

After a quick check to the anime, his seventh mode, Wingwolf is very solid and nice looking

Sixshot Wingwolf.jpg

Despite being a Titans Return figure who I don't use the TM/Headmaster gimmick, it doesn't mean he's not compatible or has his uses there within the "play pattern", his APC mode can transport the troops:

Sixshot APC - Loaded.jpg Sixshot APC - Loaded 3.jpg

That's 7 TM's he's moving around, plus Revolver himself who's still the head/face for 8 just with the base configuration!

What's more is the ports allow you to really load him up as to your desires to make him a block of TM transporting terror!

Sixshot - APC - Weaponized.jpg Sixshot - APC - Weaponized 2.jpg Sixshot - APC - Weaponized 3.jpg Sixshot - APC - Weaponized 4.jpg Sixshot - APC - Weaponized 5.jpg Sixshot - APC - Weaponized 6.jpg

13 Titan Masters (not including Revolver in the head)! I could've gone further, or used the actual TM gadget partners, but I wanted to go with quickly compatible guns that could seat and offer up some forward facing firepower. I used Sixshots on the front because it jacked up the clearance on the ports next to the windshields, so I could put more guns there. So yeah, Sixshot is definitely part of the TR gimmick/play pattern, you can go "More Dakka" to your hearts content and use him as an APC of death.

• Like Like x 13
  2. Gangu Stars

Gangu Stars はじめまして。

Those shots are great. Love how many TM's can fit there. I'll finally have this guy tomorrow, pretty excited.

3. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll definitely be picking up octane so that he can be more in scale to the other triplechangers I own. Blitzwing is a maybe. Not that the T30 is bad per say, those shoulders are just annoying and the head.

4. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I agree completely. While I know the Motormaster/Optimus Prime mold had it's fair share of problems, the CW Voyagers were impressive and a cut above what we've seen in TR. I'd also add that the TR Legends have been really great, with the exception of maybe Ravage/Stripes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Antz

Antz Wrecker

News Credits:
    For page 666, it seems appropriate to point out how understated Twinferno's use as a dragon-themed body for Optimus Prime has gone. The use of red and white, and the fact he even has the pecks usually formed by Prime's truck grill, make this work way better than I would have given it credit for.

[​IMG]

I think using Leo Prime's head works even better.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  6. KuroKage2001

KuroKage2001 That guy that did that thing.

The universe just keeps giving me reasons to buy Lio Prime and Twinferno. Is Lio worth the price?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Antz

Antz Wrecker

News Credits:
    I love it, and for $55 it's not the worst money you can spend. He's just so. Goddamn. Majestic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  8. Underlord

Underlord An Excellent Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Regarding Overlords second Titan Master, I wouldn't be surprised to see an individual release with a vehicle based on the car from the original toy.

• Like Like x 3
  9. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

The train mode looks a bit better on Legends Astrotrain, at least... All of the Hasbro TR Voyagers look rather unappealing to me so far, though I'm moderately interested in Blitzwing and Octane. If they feature the odd foil stickers like Megatron and Optimus do, I may wait to see what Takara does with them. (not sure about Broadside yet)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's been 50/50 for me with the voyagers

Passed on Sentinel.
    Bought and customized Galvatron.
    Passed on Alpha Trion.
    Bought and customized Astrotrain.
    Passed on Optimus.
    Bought and customized Megatron.

Will pass on Broadside.
    Will buy and customize Octane.

• Like Like x 1
  11. atomD21

atomD21 Well-Known Member

The Deluxes, Legends, and Leaders are all far and away better than the Voyagers, IMO. I only have Astrotrain and Megatron because all the others have been easy passes so far. I plan to get Broadside and Blitzwing, but everything else I'm looking at is in a different size class. Hell, even the Titan Masters are more fun overall!

12. thedicemaster

thedicemaster Well-Known Member

i'm seeing a pattern there.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Aspie :)

News Credits:
    I'm not a fan of foil stickers, Sixshot has them and I am terrified that they will peel off over time.

Ravage/Stripes are the worst legends in years, IMO. They are somehow worse than those abysmal Data Disks from FoC.

It's funny, Blitzwing is the one who is out of scale in my collection, both Astrotrain and Octane are both deluxes.

14. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron I'm Just Here For The Likes

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I wouldn't worry. The decals on Sixshot seem pretty solid. Especially when compared to the ones on TR Voyager Megatron and Optimus Prime.

As for the CW/TR Data Device/Minions, they're all pretty awful. I use KO Masterpiece Rumble, Frenzy, Buzzsaw, Ravage, and an Official Pre-rub Laserbeak as my Minions for TR Soundwave. They work and look great together. Buzzsaw is perched on Soundwave's shoulder and the rest are standing next to him.

I bought TR Rewind twice. Once so I could get the reprolabels set and turn him into Dispensor and the other because there are no Masterpiece cassettes for my TR Blaster.

15. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

And yet Springer and Sandstorm are Voyagers... I don't know about you, but I'm digging the idea of all six original triple changers being roughly the same size as one another. (that, and Universe Octane always felt clunky as a Deluxe to me...)

Speaking of Blitzwing... Can the feet for TR Megatron be left flipped out and point back for tank mode? I'm wondering if that works in getting rid of that gap in the front where the thrusters are.

• Like Like x 3
  16. TheSupernova

TheSupernova Out there. Thataway.

Yep! Looks great, too!

17. AgenderArcee

AgenderArcee Well-Known Member

What do you think of Blitzwing?

18. DanC

DanC Well-Known Member

Sweet weapon poach for my guy here.

20170320_161435.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Aspie :)

News Credits:
    I don't have Snadstorm, those massive wheels looked terrible, IMO. I love deluxe Octane! The new voyager just doesn't do it for me.

20. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

I have Sandstorm, Springer, and T30 Blitzwing. While Springer and Sandstorm I'm happy with, I may replace Blitzwing with the TR version, since the head on mine shattered from stress.