Titan Returns Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lady Slipstream, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    I'm glad you like my pics, Jockey Doublecross seems to be a pretty popular pic. I actually had no plans to get him at first, but I was at Walmart and though "what the heck!" and I nabbed him. I'm glad I did!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    The Voyagers are, IMO, some of the weakest figures in TR. Its not that they are terrible, but compared to Springer, a voyager triple-changer from just a few years ago, they just don't deliver as well. The TR voyagers I own all have one mode that is noticeably weaker than their other two. The only one with two decent alt-modes is Alpha Trion. Galvatron I removed the jet cockpit because it ruined the look of the cannon mode and the "jet" mode was just abysmal, and SP's train mode is just meh. Springer's helicopter mode may not be perfect, but I can look at it and see it as a solid, if flimsy, alt-mode. And I am totally going to pass on Optimus and Megatron (and their inevitable retools), I dunno what it is about them but they just look terrible.

Where TR really shines IMO is in its deluxes, even figures I have no intent on getting, like Kup or Preceptor, look good for what they are.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    C'mon man.

You gotta be smarter than this. It's EXTREMELY insensitive, disgusting, and tasteless.

This is definitely a subject that isn't a joking matter.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had a kinda creepy idea,... what if the faces on titan masters backs can still emote/ talk when the titan master is in robot mode

• Like Like x 1
  5. MastaBlasta

MastaBlasta Knight Industries Two Thousand

A personal headcannon I have is that Scourge leads the sweeps, and weirdwolf leads the headmasters. They both work under Cyclonus, who reports to Galvatron.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MastaBlasta

MastaBlasta Knight Industries Two Thousand

Some W.I.P. Shots from my custom TR Megatron. For some reason my camera messed up the first picture
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  7. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    oh! i found out why my Tr optimus had thigh problems!

i decided to take him apart to investigate, and it looked like the screw hole on the crotch was slightly damaged so it wouldn't properly tighten up. i ended up using superglue at the area the joint slides (it was a pain to prevent gluing the parts together) to add a bit of friction to the thighs, which worked marvelously!!!!

i also removed the pop-up ear/ antenna things, because i don't use them....

8. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    OG(1) B-Boy...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I find it odd that people keep using Megs as a base for Guiltaur when it seems to me that Optimus is the logical choice. Oh well.

I got Sixshot a few days ago from HTS and he's really one of my favorites and my first TR Leader. So the oversized face/Brainmaster thing was new to me. It ended up being mostly a non-issue as almost right away I just went to leaving the head in place for every mode. It really is an immense pain (literally, I even ended up poking my thumb one time) getting that head out, in fact the last time I did it, I used a letter opener, plus the integration is virtually useless; no other head looks good and Revolver doesn't look good on anyone either as an incomplete head. Plus like some others here, I am concerned about long time use chipping away at that white paint. So, he's not really a headmaster for me anymore (except as a secret surprise), but that doesn't detract in the least, he even can copy the original box art/tech spec art rather well.

Sixshot Boxart.jpg

After a quick check to the anime, his seventh mode, Wingwolf is very solid and nice looking

Sixshot Wingwolf.jpg

Despite being a Titans Return figure who I don't use the TM/Headmaster gimmick, it doesn't mean he's not compatible or has his uses there within the "play pattern", his APC mode can transport the troops:

Sixshot APC - Loaded.jpg Sixshot APC - Loaded 3.jpg

That's 7 TM's he's moving around, plus Revolver himself who's still the head/face for 8 just with the base configuration!

What's more is the ports allow you to really load him up as to your desires to make him a block of TM transporting terror!

Sixshot - APC - Weaponized.jpg Sixshot - APC - Weaponized 2.jpg Sixshot - APC - Weaponized 3.jpg Sixshot - APC - Weaponized 4.jpg Sixshot - APC - Weaponized 5.jpg Sixshot - APC - Weaponized 6.jpg

13 Titan Masters (not including Revolver in the head)! I could've gone further, or used the actual TM gadget partners, but I wanted to go with quickly compatible guns that could seat and offer up some forward facing firepower. I used Sixshots on the front because it jacked up the clearance on the ports next to the windshields, so I could put more guns there. So yeah, Sixshot is definitely part of the TR gimmick/play pattern, you can go "More Dakka" to your hearts content and use him as an APC of death.

• Like Like x 13
  10. Gangu Stars

Gangu Stars Well-Known Member

Those shots are great. Love how many TM's can fit there. I'll finally have this guy tomorrow, pretty excited.

11. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll definitely be picking up octane so that he can be more in scale to the other triplechangers I own. Blitzwing is a maybe. Not that the T30 is bad per say, those shoulders are just annoying and the head.

12. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I agree completely. While I know the Motormaster/Optimus Prime mold had it's fair share of problems, the CW Voyagers were impressive and a cut above what we've seen in TR. I'd also add that the TR Legends have been really great, with the exception of maybe Ravage/Stripes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Antz

Antz Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    For page 666, it seems appropriate to point out how understated Twinferno's use as a dragon-themed body for Optimus Prime has gone. The use of red and white, and the fact he even has the pecks usually formed by Prime's truck grill, make this work way better than I would have given it credit for.

[​IMG]

I think using Leo Prime's head works even better.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  14. KuroKage2001

KuroKage2001 Gib Tigerhawk combiner

The universe just keeps giving me reasons to buy Lio Prime and Twinferno. Is Lio worth the price?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Antz

Antz Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I love it, and for $55 it's not the worst money you can spend. He's just so. Goddamn. Majestic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  16. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Regarding Overlords second Titan Master, I wouldn't be surprised to see an individual release with a vehicle based on the car from the original toy.

• Like Like x 3
  17. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

The train mode looks a bit better on Legends Astrotrain, at least... All of the Hasbro TR Voyagers look rather unappealing to me so far, though I'm moderately interested in Blitzwing and Octane. If they feature the odd foil stickers like Megatron and Optimus do, I may wait to see what Takara does with them. (not sure about Broadside yet)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's been 50/50 for me with the voyagers

Passed on Sentinel.
    Bought and customized Galvatron.
    Passed on Alpha Trion.
    Bought and customized Astrotrain.
    Passed on Optimus.
    Bought and customized Megatron.

Will pass on Broadside.
    Will buy and customize Octane.

• Like Like x 1
  19. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

The Deluxes, Legends, and Leaders are all far and away better than the Voyagers, IMO. I only have Astrotrain and Megatron because all the others have been easy passes so far. I plan to get Broadside and Blitzwing, but everything else I'm looking at is in a different size class. Hell, even the Titan Masters are more fun overall!

20. thedicemaster

thedicemaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'm seeing a pattern there.

• Like Like x 5