Titan Returns Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lady Slipstream, Nov 20, 2015.

1. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Yeah, who the main and who the pre-tool is becomes increasingly fuzzier the further down the years we go. It feels like the thought process went, for example, "how can we get Cyclonus out of Silverbolt" and evolved into "How can we make Starscream have more in common with Elita-1", if that makes sense.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

While the 3 TR Decepticon Triple Changers are my favorite voyagers (and probably my favorite figures from the line), I may have undersold my love of Broadside. The truth is I always liked the character (and his very strange 2 bot mode representations in Season 3) and the TR representation does a very admirable job of representing his alt mode. Even more truthfully, being a US Navy Veteran, I have a special place in my heart for the wonderful aircraft carrier mode (which thankfully wasn't compromised), and frankly, his bot mode proportions are wonderful and probably the best overall of the 4 TR Triple Changers. After getting the Nonnef weapons and doing the jet fanmode, he really does shine. I actually just got the Reprolabel set for him and Octane and Blitzwing, and they are proudly displayed on my desk awaiting the stickers to be applied when I have time.

Yes, I really look forward to your reviews that much. I am also a fan of @Large 's comments and pics. I love all of the posters on this board, and all of the wonderful pics, and yet, still haven't come up with the courage to post any pics myself (especially considering how much custom work I have done so far).

Very much agreed. I think that his updated alt modes work the best though as they seemed the most dated, while Octane, Blitzwing, and Broadside's alt modes hold up very well even to this day. Honestly, I really wish Astrotrain and Broadside were Leader sized to better represent their massive alt modes for what they really are (and their G1 cartoon bot modes were very large as well), but I guess that's what imagination is for. At least the alt modes look decently scaled with the Titan city bots.

• Like Like x 5
  3. barry

News Credits:
    Well, my experience here is that people are incredibly supportive and appreciative when it comes to posters sharing photos of their collections. Even moreso when there's the creativity and personality that goes into doing custom work. Whether it's high end photography using DSLR cameras and intricate backdrops or just iphone photos taken on people's desks the community is demonstrably appreciative. Ifd it hadn't been for all the positive feedback I've got I doubt i'd have invested in a DSLR camera and a lightbox. I say go for it. I seriously doubt I'm the only person who'd be eager to see your work.
    And yes, @Large is a wonder!

• Like Like x 5
  4. Optimugatron

My Note 8 does ok photos for Facebook posting (lol) but maybe I am intimidated by all the professional level photography here. I fear that by the time I get around to actually taking photos I want to post, nobody will be on the boards (and halfway into the WFC line). I definitely do not have the money for a camera and lightbox, so that is out of the question, especially as I have had to curb my TF buying lately. Been a rough year financially.

A year ago, the most I would have done was some paint for the eyes and Reprolables and Shapeways weapons, but now I am adding detail, painting the Titan Masters, and have done a pretty major paint job on TR Galvatron and TR Clobber and Ptero (to make them more like Grimlock and Swoop). I definitely feel like I went overboard on adding detail to my TR Bliztwing though as he is a bit too busy, and now am having trouble removing some of the extra detail cleanly....sigh.

Perhaps after I get my Triple Changers Reproed up, I may do a photo shoot for them and see how it goes. I am pretty proud of the paint jobs I gave their Titan Masters (they were the first Titan Masters I gave a makeover).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Large

Large Currently blablabla.

News Credits:
    You think a thread has long forgotten you and then...

[​IMG]

I'm not sure what I have done to deserve it but thank you guys <3

And yeah @Optimugatron, go for it, don't even think about it. And by that I mean don't think about posting and how you gonna take pics. At least at first. Just play with your toys, have fun, and at some point when you sense an urge to share the fun you have, that's it, grab your phone, a camera, whatever, shoot away and show me how much fun you have buddy !
    As for courage, yeah, don't think about that. I mean, If I did, 95% of my posts wouldn't exist. Good thing I hang out with a very -very- tolerant crew.
    Except for @barry, it's purely raw sex.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Optimugatron

Lmao, you have been missed @Large !

It's not so much I am worried about reactions, it's more of a personal shyness issue. It was years before I started even posting on the boards here. I am getting there, but I do have a bit of OCD to only show the best work I am capable of, and complete work at that. I have so many little projects going on right now, my desk is buried in them. I need to clear it before I can even begin to think about taking photos. It doesn't help that I just bought Skyrim SE for my XBone and having been having a blast with a modded game (I finished it on 360 and just recently decided to give SE a try due to the price drop). It appears I am having trouble completing anything I start lately, not a normal problem for me.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Large

News Credits:
    I just wrote a very long post in response to that but I realised it was mostly me talking about me. And, meh. Let's get to the point instead. Which is you.
    You seem passionate, like, really passionate, while also having disciplin. It's fantastic. Trust me, just continue what you do, the way you are. Nothing has to change. You have just now added a new thing in your dozens of projects, that is all. The moment this one will seemed too fun to resist, your OCD will fade just enough to let you the room to do it without messing up too much your agenda.
    I envy you. Really. I HAVE ZERO DISCIPLIN. And gazillions stuff in the head at every second.

And don't let me start on video game man, are you crazy ? The fine people here don't deserve the 7 pages of flood about to ensue.
    Mhmm, maybe they do after all, I don't see Quake pictures on this page !

• Like Like x 6
  8. Large

News Credits:
    We have not forgotten.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  9. Optimugatron

Being disciplined and a toy collector seem like a necessity for those who aren't rich, lol. I love my Transformers, and my collection, and Titans Return is the highlight of my collection (aside from a few amazing 3rd Party figures). Literally my focus has been giving my TR figures the decos they deserve, and it is easy to take creative liberty for all the Titan Masters that don't belong to the G1 Headmasters.... I've done something to nearly every figure I have in this line, and the only other figures I have touched on this scale are the POTP Dinobots for more cartoon accurate appearances (my focus is G1 cartoon accuracy with updated aesthetics and detailing in my CHUG collection).

I am mostly very happy with my progress, but I may have burned myself out a bit considering how many projects I've undertaken and yet to finish, hence the segway into Skyrim SE. Before that was modded Fallout 4. It was very satisfying running around in Tomb Raider clothes with Iron Man or Pacific Rim power armors with realistic OP firearms. Don't get me started, lol.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Optimugatron

Oh gawd.....you just gave me an idea of what to do with my TR Kup now that I have the LG one... damn you @Large ! I have enough on my plate already!

• Like Like x 4
  11. Large

News Credits:
    *Little does he know that I'm about to send him my TR Kup to turns into a delighful joy of robotic greyness too*

*Take that you damn plate ! I will filled you all hahahaha !*

[​IMG]

(and my last ES was Morrowind but yeah I can imagine. Still busy trying to get 114% with Celeste done)

• Like Like x 6
  12. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    A la prochaine fois, Inspecteur Gadget :lol  :lol  :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  13. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

What do I do with Trypticon to make sure his hips don't break? Or is there a version with good hips? What's the number?

14. roguesaint

roguesaint Reconnaissance Expert

News Credits:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Optimugatron

If I decide to undertake that repaint, I promise to post pics.... you really are evil but we still love ya.

• Like Like x 2
  16. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

Thanks. Also got the batch numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i have no problem with Sentinel Prime being a pretool. I just wish they invested in some more cosmetic changes like Octane got from Laser Prime and Blitzwing got from Megatron. All i ask is a simple new chest plate, maybe some new lower legs. If Astrotrain never came out, i would've gotten Sentinel Prime and loved him, i just don't like that they are basically the same figure with just a new head and one is gray and one is orange. TR Astrotrain is great and I have more connection to the character than Sentinel Prime, so I got Astrotrain.

18. barry

News Credits:
    "This is my face."
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  19. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Today guys I went to ToysRUs in the next town over where I live and found a lone PotP Deluxe Dreadwind,even tho I wasn't planning on getting him when he came out,I found he was only $9.00 (about half price) so I went ahead and got it.They had other figs like RID and Movie stuff but I am not interested in those at all so I passed on those.

Now Dreadwind has your typical QC problems but he is still a decent figure regardless,I just wish they had more like Moonracer and Dinobots but no such luck.I also hate TRU is going out of business,it seems like the end of an era where we lose a part of our childhood.

20. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The design and transformation for both Astrotrain and Sentinel is heavily based on an Astrotrain design created by Don Figueroa for IDW (the heavy IDW homage imo suggests this was likely a toy done by Joe Kyde who also did IDW Springer and Sandstorm for T30).

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7