Titan Returns Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lady Slipstream, Nov 20, 2015.

1. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Farewell, Titans Return. Thanks for the awesomeness.

TR 4.jpg TR 3.jpg TR 2.jpg TR 1.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  2. JediFlaherty

JediFlaherty Well-Known Member

My daughter likes my Transformers and orange was her favorite color for a while so I gave her Wheelie, but I had to take him back because he was worthless as a toy.

3. Thundermania

Thundermania Liege Centuro

YouTube:
    The orange gave him a "Shepherd of Fire" look that was greatly helped by the earlier issues of the TR comic.

4. Gallade

Gallade Active Member

News Credits:
    Anyone know if Greatshot and Brave Maximus have been released yet? I've got enough for Greatshot so I'm super pumped in getting him.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thundermania

YouTube:
    IMG_0803.JPG IMG_0804.JPG IMG_0805.JPG The first figure I bought in years TR Sentinel Prime. September 16 2016, he's heavily modified now but this is the figure that got me started.

• Like Like x 15
  6. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku I love both Nemesis Prime and Anime!

So, I bought Krok a while back, and he's alright. I wasn't that big on Skullcruncher/smasher, but I wanted a CHUG version of the Scavengers. IMG_1953.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  7. Thundermania

YouTube:
    I'm waiting for both, I'm putting together a platoon of Neo-Autobots led by the revived Sentinel Prime. With a burning Autobadge as their insignia and their warship Grand Maximus they stake their claim to the Autobot Matrix of Leadership and vow to reignite the war.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gallade

Gallade Active Member

News Credits:
    Woah, that is seriously cool looking!
    That sounds awesome! I'm actually just waiting on Greatshot. I don't have enough for Grand Maximus :( 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thundermania

YouTube:
    I decided to pass on the Last Knight line to save up for the two. I've kinda been unintentionally building a Masterforce collection.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Legends Misfire arrived today.

What a gorgeous Transformer. Smooth transformation, great paint job, just a great figure overall. I still like Triggerhappy the most out of the three, but Misfire it pretty close. I really would've liked to have managed to find the Hasbro version, but the price wasn't too bad for the Legends version and I got the Targetmaster.

Which I've renamed to Caliburn and given to my Megazarak (Quake with Scorponoks head) for that. Later this week I will get what is likely to be it for Titans Return, Legends Windblade and TR Twin Twist (And RID Bludgeon).

11. geezerman402

geezerman402 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    :lol 

13. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

They're expected towards the end of the month. TTM releases are usually around the 30th but depending on when they ship out to retailers from the Asia markets, some stores might get him as much as a week earlier.

14. Yaujta

Yaujta ANUTFORAJAROFTUNA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    After getting Ramhorn the other day at Five Below, Great Shot will be the last Titans Return release I need.
    I am SERIOUSLY going to miss this line. There were very few releases I wasn't excited for, the quality (for me) has been spot-on, the customizing potential was through the roof, and the figures were downright fun. Even as someone that dislikes the Headmaster gimmick, I still loved the line as a whole.

Highlights for me were:
    SIXSHOT.
    [​IMG]
    Seriously, I love the figure. He's my second favorite Decepticon of all time (Shockeave/Sixshot/Predaking), and he got an amazing figure in Titans Return. Even better, the Legends version is absolutely beautiful. One toy accurate, one toon. Win/Win as far as I'm concerned.

POUNCE/WINGSPAN.
    [​IMG]
    Always wanted the G1 clones but was never able to find them complete or for a reasonable price. TR brought both to my collection, updated and awesome. No complaints here.

Galvatron.
    [​IMG]
    While not perfect, what with that stupid jet mode and face mask shoehorned in for the gimmick, once modded it became the perfect Galvatron. Very happy to finally have him in the lineup.

Megatron.
    [​IMG]
    Once again, not perfect. After I modded it, I finally have the Megatron I want in my collection that stands up to Classics Prime.

Honorable mentions:
    Jumpstarters. I really enjoyed the G1 versions as a kid, and these updates are phenomenal. Just got Twintwist recently, and I truly enjoy having them together again.
    Skyshadow/Overlord. Don't read the funny books, so I don't really know much about the characters. Doesn't take away the fact that these are some seriously cool figures. So much going on with them that even without knowing the fiction, they're still awesome to mess with and display.
    Grotusque. Easily goes in the glossary under "How to do a retooling RIGHT."

Oh Titans Return, I will miss you so.
    Considering as how 60% of the new line doesn't interest me (Leaders are crap, Hun-Grrr is the only Voyager that's actually good, tiny Dinobots...), yeah, TR will definitely be missed. At least I'll get Predaking and Abominus in the new line, so that's something to look forward to.

• Like Like x 17
  15. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  16. Thundermania

YouTube:
    IMG_0806.JPG IMG_0807.JPG IMG_0808.JPG
    Well I wasn't about to sculpt some new armour (or go through the fodder bin) when I've got pieces that could be added, that won't impede transformation into shuttle mode and more importantly saves me time.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    • Like Like x 15
  18. PGaither84

PGaither84 Just a guy

I got Chromedome last night.

It took me a while to break down and buy him. He is so... ugly. Even my wife, who loves my figures, thinks he is ugly.

Yet, I was able to explain to her how he has a charm about him. In contrast to Arcee, who is sleek and pink, or Chromium, who is a tron bike... Chromedome has a gritty look to him. He has that blocky look many of us fell in love with from G1 as a whole. His Earth tones and scheme, combined with my limited knowledge of his IDW character being a sort of detective or Private Investigator really gives him a "Columbo with a laser rifle" look and feel.

20180311_105744.jpg 20180311_105807.jpg 20180311_105837.jpg 20180311_105858.jpg 20180311_105956.jpg 20180311_110018.jpg 20180311_110053.jpg

You really have to be careful woth his legs and feet though. At least I do on mine.

If his foot and leg do not pop in perfectly, then the toe sticks put and ge doesn't roll correctly and I have to realign everything.

In some ways, I kind of like adding that to my imagination of his character. "My daned T-joint is acting up", causing him a dely as he tries to fix the jam and get back into his alt mode. 20180310_220626.jpg

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 10
  19. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    a 3rd party company really needs to make that add on armor for Sentinel.

• Like Like x 4
  20. vidmouse

vidmouse Well-Known Member

Read through a lot of MTMTE and I bet you'll develop a real fondness for Chromedome right quick.

• Like Like x 1