Titan Returns Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lady Slipstream, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I have to admit Megatron disappointed me too but only because of the bland grey plastic they use for his face which drains the character out of him. Same with Galvatron.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MasterScale

MasterScale Loose, comes with baggage...

I couldn't find the link on my own, but IIRC, The Kup (a member here on TFW) had a post about transforming TR Megs legs - and it made everything tab in properly in tank mode. I've personally never had a problem with jet mode, but tank mode was a problem until I saw The Kup's guide. I seem to remember that you really have to push that knee joint in pretty far when folding up the legs, and with a fair bit of force (not enough to break it, but it feels like you are putting a good amount of elbow grease into it).

Edit: Here's the link: Titans Return Voyager Megatron and Doomshot

Thanks again to The Kup :) 

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  3. eceiev

eceiev Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I spent 30 minutes fiddling with my Megs before figuring it out. Basically don't try to tab the leg; try to push inward and it'll eventually tab. It became easier to do so afterwards.

Also I really like this mold, he's now the G1 Megatron in my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  5. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow...i forgot we're in a victim culture...

i guess we really can't have a conversation with different ideas or opinions without people thinking it's all personal attacks.

• Like Like x 2
  6. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    I'm sorry if there's any grammar error, but after watching the Machinima Titans Return show.... I just need to do this.

IMG_20180127_120557.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  7. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    IMG_1582.JPG Love how we got some Wreckers on the DL form TR. I'm trying to find TwinTwist, but I'm having no luck.

Also, should I get TR Kup, is he a fun figure? I saw him at my local Comic book shop, but he looks so bland in person. I'm wondering how good he is, because I really need a Kup, especially because I think his value will go up considering what happened with the Visionaries... and I'm not really wanting Takara's G1 mold, but the IDW one. He just looks weird, you know?

• Like Like x 9
  8. Isaac Hill

Isaac Hill Systems Analyst

I felt the same way. I ended up skipping TR Kup and getting the Optimus tribute two-pack from Amazon. It's got TR Orion Pax, who's TR Kup with a different paint job and TM, and a Cybertronian Deluxe Optimus Prime. I'm satisfied, since Kup/Orion really is a good mold. The way the sides of the truck fold into the lower leg reminds me a bit of Prime Vehicon. Except for some bulky calves, there's basically no vehicle kibble in bot mode.

However, I already owned the CHUG Kup that turned into an Earth pickup, which satisfied my minor desire for the character. You seem to want a Kup much more than I did, and the TR mold is fun. If his bot mode looks too plain, consider displaying him in truck mode. Except for seeing his fists in the back where the truck cab meets the truck bed, it's an excellent representation of Kup's very distinctive G1 alt mode.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Get him he's fun.
    But I doubt his value will go up because some fancy mary sue witch got him killed in a comic.

10. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Doesn't feel like a conversation when the other person shoots down what you're saying. I realise that this media like texting can lose something in translation, I just felt like you were dismissing what I was saying rather than engaging in actual conversation.

I wasn't feeling victimised just annoyed at what I felt was self importance. I despise arrogance and that's what I felt I was picking up on. If not then I apologise.

I've no wish to derail the thread or start some pointless pride fuelled argument with a complete stranger.

As for why would they have faces? Why couldn't they?

Primemasters to me are the worst gimmick since planet keys. They slot onto a Transformer and do What? You read the accompanying card and it tells you that it gives the character some imaginary power. If other people like it, good for them but it's not my cup of tea.

I was expressing my disappointment because I preferred Titanmasters which allowed for updates of older characters whereas Primemasters don't and I love the driver/pilot aspect. I'm not the only one. My young nieces and nephews really like that aspect too as well as the head swapping.

11. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

As least cyber keys made new weapons depliy or something else to actually happen. So I'd say they were better than prime masters.

• Like Like x 1
  12. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy

I put a Generations Kup w/ cygar head in the front row of my Wreckers and I have a TT LG Kup for my 86 movie cast shelf. I know a lot of people like the Hasbro TR release since its based on Marvel but I also found it to be a bit bland compared to the LG anime paint.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  14. Skywarp_TPK

Skywarp_TPK Harbringer of the MegaDub

So I finally found the Walgreens clone two pack! With no sign of these guys hitting the discount retailers, that may be the last of this awesome toyline that I buy at retail!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Incoming photo dump! IMG_1588.JPG IMG_1590.JPG IMG_1591.JPG Why do so many people hate Scourge again? I think he's average, but everyone makes out to be complete trash. IMG_1593.JPG It's currently raining where I'm at, but it didn't really show on camera. IMG_1594.JPG IMG_1595.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  16. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  17. eceiev

eceiev Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A little paint to make it more like the takara version
    IMG_3816.JPG IMG_3823.JPG
    IMG_3819.JPG IMG_3821.JPG

• Like Like x 18
  18. DesertDog

DesertDog Gone Fission’.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    I wasn't going to get TT Scourge but after getting the Sweeps head with TT Gnaw I couldn't help ordering the reissue. Glad I did, he's a beautiful figure. Now I need at least one more Hasbro Scourge to go with my first as generic Sweeps. [​IMG]Murderer of The Orient Express by DesertDog76, on Flickr

• Like Like x 13
  19. AgenderArcee

AgenderArcee Well-Known Member

I love how the colors come through in this picture!

• Like Like x 1
  20. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy

I agree on the paint. There's a lot of fun to be had with the figure itself, and i really love the headmaster posting up on the vehicle mode as an homage to the G1 toy. The robot mode is just so bland to me. I'm always impressed with the way TT manages to make so many more details pop, even on very minor paint variants like Twintwist and Topspin. I intend to use the TR Scourge as a Sweep for LG Scourge and may even troop build with them, if I end up troop building with LG Gnaws.

• Like Like x 1