Titan Returns Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lady Slipstream, Nov 20, 2015.

1. motorthing

motorthing Polarised.

News Credits:
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  2. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Crusher of Starscream's Coronation

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Another shot OF Mindwipe with the Fix It Studios replacement face. Love it.

20180112_102654-1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Gangu Stars

Gangu Stars はじめまして。

I figure that these two are maybe the only 2 toys anyone not collecting the TakaraTomy Legends series should have in their collections. They are just such perfectly done pieces.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 25
  4. Gangu Stars

Gangu Stars はじめまして。

I didn't realize just how different the two Broadside Headmasters were till I got the LG one.

[​IMG]

And the rest of my new LG arrivals. Really loving the Cab and Minerva, just wish I knew if they would have bodies coming or if I should just start to custom a couple myself.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  5. fafireguy

fafireguy Leader

Agreed, comparing them with their TR versions are complete night and day scenerios.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    And Scourge.

• Like Like x 1
  7. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Purchased! Thank you for the heads up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mcart

mcart Lighter shade of dork

News Credits:
    So this is how Titans Returns ends. Not with a protest but with a wailing and gnashing of teeth!

P1190496.jpg

P1190482.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  9. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I know I am very late to the party, but I have been going through this set so far.

I have to say, maybe I have been a way for while, but I think TR may be one of the best lines Hasbro has done thus far. Granted I opened like 6 figures so far and haven't gotten through the repaints yet, but from what I have opened, I am HIGHLY impressed. QC issues aside, there is all types of goodness here.

The Triple Changers were all great. Sure one mode may have suffered or whatever, but each one was a big win, and looked the part. So the Voyagers were GREAT!

I am up to the deluxes now, and I have to say that you can really see the love for Transformers from these designers. There are small touches that just show the respect and appreciation for each of the figures. For instance, Perceptor is pure win, and the "easter egg" tank mode, while may not be perfect is G1 perfect for me. Then with Blurr, besides being a great figure, he had those flip up feet to easily put him in runnings posses and have him keep his balance in those poses. Then Kups transformation is pure genius, they did some voodoo with those legs.

Just win after win after win.

• Like Like x 8
  10. Space Skeletor

Space Skeletor On umpteenth levels of outdated memes.

Ebay:
    Tumblr:
    Can we please have the humanoid Headmaster Warriors, HasTak?
    IMG_1921.JPG

• Like Like x 11
  11. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Old-fashioned Hurgusburgus

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  12. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Old-fashioned Hurgusburgus

News Credits:
    Gotta feel bad for all those TR figures who put in work for their glory only to have the "Best of the Line" title stolen at the last second by a C-team retool.

0112181548.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  13. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    they're both so tempting but i can't get over the headmaster thing. at least with blurr it's easy to mod away but iirc kup's would basically require rebuilding half the toy for the head to fold away, right?

14. Space Skeletor

Space Skeletor On umpteenth levels of outdated memes.

Ebay:
    Tumblr:
    I think most of my favorites from TR are just simple face-swapped recolors, not even slight reworkings (still love ya, Grotusque).

Case in point, Metalhawk.
    and Quake
    IMG_1928.JPG

• Like Like x 10
  15. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

If I had the money, I'd have at least 4 Scourges and 3 Sweep headmasters from Sharkticon packs.

As it stands, I have one Takara Scourge and a bunch of Hasbro Scourges with hands, legs, and feet from his toolmate Hasbro Highbrow from a massive discount deal I got awhile back. (Donated the Highbrows with the swapped Scourge parts to Goodwill.)

• Like Like x 2
  16. charsdc2

charsdc2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Yes, I just got my hands on them both from BBTS and there are no regrets here on my end. They are beautiful!

17. Darkryt

Darkryt Combiner Enthusiast

So the first time I heard someone say they liked Sky Shadow better than Overlord, I thought they were crazy, because the mold is CLEARLY meant for Overlord, right??? But then I got both of them, and I began to see it.

So, given the Toy of the Year recommendations included MetalStorm preferring Sky Shadow over Overlord, I thought I'd do a breakdown on why.
    Reasons why Sky Shadow is more enjoyable than Overlord:

-The shoulder-guns in Sky Shadow's jet mode sell the combined vehicle mode as a mobile fortress, instead of just a jet strapped to a tank. Overlord's shoulder-thingies don't have this effect.

-Sky Shadow's jet mode half connects more securely to the tank half with a clip instead of Overlord's ... chest hugging.

-Sky Shadow has peg holes on his arm allowing him to have an arm cannon, a claw, or anything else you can plug in there - Overlord's shoulder pegs don't have the same level of play.

-Overlord's jet-shield is much larger, and thus unwieldy, and its peg has landing skis around that it prevent it from plugging anywhere but into Overlord's shoulder and its designated jet mode position. Sky Shadow's piece, however, is smaller and can fit as an arm shield, tab onto the gun, or even be a laser gun itself in his hand with a little imagination.

-Sky Shadow's gun is more visually interesting because it's not one single color, and doesn't have paint run off when you plug it into the tank.

-Sky Shadow's jet mode has multiple little parts to adjust, with the shoulder-cannons, the hinged cockpit, and tail fins, whereas Overlord is basically "lay flat, plug in jet half,' which lead to Sky Shadow delivering a more satisfying transforming experience.

-At least on my copies, Sky Shadow's jet cockpit opens WAY easier than Overlord's.

And that is why Sky Shadow is more enjoyable to play with than Overlord.

• Like Like x 4
  18. AgenderArcee

AgenderArcee Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about selling my LG Sixshot but kind of want to switch the faceplates and keep the more detailed Headmaster... would anyone who doesn't care about the Headmaster gimmick be interested in that? Not selling anything here just want to gauge interest.

19. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

Grotusque arrived today and he's better than he has any right to be.

Any good ideas of what to do with the Scorponok head? (please don't ask to sell it to you) At one point I was willing to allow Scorponok to steal this body, but I may just keep him in beast form which kills that idea.

20. AgenderArcee

AgenderArcee Well-Known Member

I've seen someone use an adaptor to attach the head to Iron Factory Lordscorpion, their Scorponok who is about deluxe sized. It looks pretty nice if that interests you.