Minor/Repaint: Titan Master Socket mod

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Turakonin Prime, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Turakonin Prime

Turakonin Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I realize that most have issues with loose sockets. This can be applied both ways. In the photos you can see the spaces to the sides that bottlenecks the socket piece and in this instance, Skullsmasher's TM was too tight.
    [​IMG] the left is the desired outcome to allow a more loose connection. The right is too tight

[​IMG] shaving off these small sides allows the Titan master to connect and disconnect easier.

[​IMG] adding some super glue and allowing to dry completely before putting the figure back together, allows for a tighter connection

[​IMG] for disassembly just remove these 4 screws for skullsmasher.

Hope this helps. image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. char_leigh

char_leigh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for this. My Skullsmasher's Titan Master port was REALLY TIGHT. Every time I tried to remove the head, I had to pull HARD, which would result in the Titan Master's head being stuck in the port while the Titan's Master body would be sheared off. I had to resort to using pliers to remove the Titan Master's head.

I shaved teeny bits out of the port like you suggested and it works so much smoother. Thanks for this.

3. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    How can Hasblow get the most important thing relating to "Titans Returns" wrong? Time after time, I've seen experienced, veteran reviewers and collectors on YouTube video reviews struggling to get the headmaster in or out of the socket and in some cases, the heads just wobble around once attached.

How could Hasblow get something that they already made over 20 years ago so wrong? This isn't rocket science, Hasblow.

4. char_leigh

char_leigh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm with you on this. I figured Hasbro would have gotten the headmaster/titan master gimmick right this time around -- especially after the problems with Generations Brainstorm (who had similar headmaster issues). My new Skullsmasher had a titan port that was too tight. My Hardhead suffers from a wobbly neck. My Scourge's head BARELY clips in and is beyond loose. My Blurr is fine though (thankfully).

5. battery1979

battery1979 Combiner

1). Headmasters from 20 years ago didn't have ball jointed heads.
    2). Imagine the outcry if modern titan masters had no head articulation.

• Like Like x 4
  6. AlexG

AlexG Triple Changer

i've got a similar story, blurr is perfect, but scourge is very wobbly

EDIT: did some playing and blurr's head fits onto scourge tightly (but not perfectly stiff) and scourge's head is wobbly on blurr. it has to do with the headmaster's head shape. squarer heads appear to fit tighter in the port. and scourge's port is extra loose because of the lack of support right next to the clip.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Killatron

Killatron Active Member

It also helps to roll the tm forward as you remove it from skullsmasher the first time you transform it

8. RCtelevision

RCtelevision cosmos

News Credits:
    Hasblow is inappropriate. If my hardhead has this problem, I will do this mod.

Count me dumb, but add the syper glue ....where?

• Like Like x 1
  9. DrakkenZero

DrakkenZero Might Gaine... might not.

Ebay:
    So much this. I pulled my old Headmasters out just to compare them to their new "cousins" and just like everything else from that era, they are bricks. Tiny bricks, but solid plastic chunks. Not only do they have the non-articulated head as a solid peg, they also have that ridge...thing... that activated the stat bars in the chest. All of that leads to a really solid connection - and a head that cannot move, at all, no matter what. For better or worse.

So yeah, want to "fix" your Titan Master so they no longer have a wobbly neck in combined mode? Pop off the head, fill the ball joint cavity with glue, pop the head back on, and wait. No more wobbly neck. Ever.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Masktique

Masktique #1 Sideways Fan

News Credits:
    Don't have this problem on my Skullcruncher or Blurr (their connection tolerances are perfect), but I may do the reverse on my Scourge if he has the loose head connection.

11. battery1979

battery1979 Combiner

The problem I had on my Skullcruncher was he came out of the package with his head attached wrong. Removed the Titan Master, head stayed in the socket, and yes I needed pliers to remove the head. Reattached the head and realized that the correct way to connect the head is with the Titan Masters face faceing the same way as the larger face. Now he comes on and off with no problems.

12. FortMax123

FortMax123 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    EVER!!! Lol

13. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

I've had good luck with just turning the Titan Masters head around to stop looseness. Turning Haywire ninety degrees works just fine, with Duros one-hundred and eighty degrees seems to be the solution. Don't have any with too tight a connection (has the only other figures I have from the line are Galvatron, Wheelie, and Rewind).

14. Ricardo Dawkins

Ricardo Dawkins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Sentinal Prime head is stuck in this socket.
    I pull quite hard but it doesn't dislodge. Fearing I could rip apart the head of the Titan Master.
    How do I remove it ?

15. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    It's still a small head becoming a neck joint. The wobbly head is due to the loose connection in the main robot body, not the connection in the head itself.

It's a relatively simple thing to fix, so why didn't Hasblo do it? I can't recall the Takara ones having this problem.