Tired of the hunt?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Peanut04, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    I realized a few weeks ago that I don't really care to dig around in toy stores looking for the newest release or that certain short packed figure anymore. I have started just ordering from HTS or BBTS. If there is a store exclusive I'll just order it site-to-store or have it shipped to my home. When I go to a store I'll take my daughter to the toy isle, but I don't even bother looking at Transformers anymore.

I'm just wondering if others feel the same as I do, or do you still get that thrill from finding something instore? Is the hunt a thing if the past?

2. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Agreed. HTS makes it easier now, you just pre-order what you want, and they ship it to you when it comes in. No more driving around.

The thrill of the hunt is lost for me. I go to toy shelves and usually find them ransacked by bustomers and employees. By pre-ordering from HTS, I am guarranteed to get my figure.

3. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I do the same. I do the hunt from my laptop. I'm tired of wasting gas just to find out the stores don't have what I'm searching for.

I just wish someday there'll be HTS for Europe also.

4. defstar

defstar Autobot...

This is so true with me...distribution of new toys is poor at best in my area...decided to try something new and order everything through BBTS...no more running around wasting fuel...of course I look if I happen to go to the store for something else but sticking to online stores I know has saved me time and money...

5. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I personally still enjoy the hunt but HTS definitely makes things easier. I looked around for weeks waiting for Classics 2.0 wave 3 to hit stores only to order it all from HTS when they had their fall discount code going on.

I still enjoy heading over to see whats on the shelves though it usually hits retail a lot later than it is available online.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I still get some enjoyment out of toy hunting, but I have to admit that I'm starting to be tempted by the online option. A lot of that is due to the fact that the Animated line seems to have stalled here. Voyagers are barely moving and, on the rare occasion they're restocked, it's usually more Starscreams and Megatrons; Deluxes sell great, but seem perpetually stuck on wave three except for one Wal-Mart out on the edge of town that has the newer figures; and as for Leaders, well I've seen Magnus once, passed on him, and have been looking for him again to no avail - Bulkhead and, to a lesser extent, Megatron are just clogging the shelves. It's getting very annoying to stop by the toy section at Target or Wal-Mart and see not one single new toy.

7. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I still enjoy the hunt. Though HTS with their coupons makes life easier and more efficient.

8. simplygriff

simplygriff ยต - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    Exactly THIS!! Have yet to see Universe Wave 3 or an Animated Magnus. Never have seen a Blitzwing so I'm glad I ordered him from HTS back when he first came out. I love the hunt but it's starting to be a burden and a disappointment. And I'm afraid I'm not gonna get Key figures. :( 
    -G

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Not tired, but Ive realized that I do not have to be a completist and have cut back some.

10. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

This, minus the fact friday I am sneaking a Leader Megs past my wife, I worked a butt load of overtime and deserve something.

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I don't get tired of hunting for new TF toys per se, it's just more of a money issue that I don't always go out on a shopping spree.

12. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    This makes me laugh, only because I've done it too. That is the only benefit to buying in a store. Kinda hard to hide the UPS man knocking at your door, lol.

13. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's funny how we're all honing our shopping skills with things being the way they are these days. I wish I could have back the gas I've used in fruitless toy searches in the past. Whew!

Pretty much no hunting whatsoever for me except for store exclusives. Now that HTS seems to have its crap together a bit better than in the past, using the discount codes means it gets delivered right to my door for less than what it would cost at retail. For imports, the BBTS pile of loot continues to be my favorite option.

Additionally, stuff I don't really like but plan to eventually pick up for completion's sake (TFA, for example), I can purchase loose in large lots off eBay a year down the road for next to nothing.

So long as these things continue to be available, my days of searching stores are pretty much over.

14. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I use Automaton and BBTS most of the time now. ebay for older stuff and the good old buy/sell/trade forums on here and Cybertron.ca. If I see something in the store I don't have, awesome. I go to TRU maybe once a month now. It's easier to just buy waves at a time. It also prevents impulse buying like I did with half of the movie line.

15. LatinJEM777

LatinJEM777 TFW's Premier Shredder

Though gas is getting cheaper, I still prefer getting my TFs online now. Less time wasted, and with all the coupon codes, it's cheaper than retail!

Also buying used TFs from the board members help cut cost, and selling TFs here help fund those purchases.

So yeah, for me pretty much gone are the days of hunting in stores.

16. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

Not really. I rely on the hunt because I try to inspect the paint apps in store. I don't think I will tire of it because with me living about a minute from a walmart and working at another I always look. I do get disapointted when I find no magnus. But the one time when I found Blitzwing I was very happy. However I don't go to target as much or toys r us. I did give up on robot heroes, I'm going to just order them from HTS next month.

17. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I miss the hunt, actually. It was nice getting out of the house and seeing new sights, but with the cost of gas as it is, I just can't afford it anymore. I will admit though, the empty handed runs pissed me off to no end. But then it's not called the hunt anymore, is it?

Ah well. It's nice to have the figures in the end.

18. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I'm actually enjoying the hunt again since Classics and TFA have come out. Hunting Alts was the worst! But now distrobution is plentiful at least where I am. I may have to wait a bit for the sightings to start in my area, but once they start showing up, they're pretty easy to find. Though Wal-Mart has been the go to store lately, that's for sure.

19. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I've been tired of it for a while, I only go out hunting once every two or three weeks; figuring I'd give the stores time to move stock and get new stuff on the shelves. But even then, every time I stop in a Target or Wal-Mart and the place looks exactly the same as the last time I was in there. Its disheartening.

20. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i usually try and use the internet, though if i had, i never woulda gotten Ironhide-BBTS doesnt sell him without an extra guy with him and Hasbro was outta stock, plus Walmart sells them for like $7.77 where i am. but i admit, my hunting has cut back-will probably use Walmart to get the 3 pack of BBs, i NEED Classics BB.