Tired of the GOOD guys....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by exclusacon, Apr 23, 2011.

1. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What really gets to me is that there were only three 'Cons in Reveal the Shield: Cyclonus, Lugnut, and Chopsaw. Well, five, if you're counting the Legends, too.

Kinda kills the gimmick there...

Generations has faired a bit better, with some significant additions to the Classics Decepticon roster.

But I'm generally a fan of Decepticon toys, as well. They usually get to be a bit more wild and unconventional, netting you toys like Lugnut, Brimstone, or Hailstorm.

Not to say that Autobot toys can't be exciting every so often. Loving Highbrow, and the upcoming Skyhammer looks aces.

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I look at it another way: the Decepticons have to be PRETTY tough to be able to fight off as many Autobots as they do! :D 

3. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    The recent line of good guys has made me like good guys more than bad guys...

BRING ON MORE GOOD GUYS!

4. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    As far as good guys selling better than bad guys, I would say the seekrs (especially Starscream) and Megatron sales might have something to say about that. Bad guys have always been high on kids and collectors wish list. Who didn't always want Darth vader as one of their first SW action figures as a kid?

I too amd tired of seeing so many good guys and fewer bad guys. I love my MP Prime but i have him. i don't need 500 more versions of him.

As far as decepticon shelfwarmers and saying figs like Skullgrin are proof of it, how about comparing the desirable decepticons that are better molds and more popular. I don't remember Blackout warming shelves. I don't think a good mold of Soundwave or Shockwave will be warming shelves any time soon and the WFC Soundwave doesn't count because it has a decent robot mode but vehicle mode is so wierd looking that i don't think kids can really relate to it.

More bad guys please. When we gonna get a good Soundwave or Shockwave MP?

5. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

i use this logic whenever i look at any line my collection.

too bad my urge to make more decepticons for my collection is stronger. i still need more.

- more decepticons in alternators and bt
    - more decepticons in classics

if tak/bro makes classics sharkticons, i'll army build it without hesitation. maybe a platoon of 28.

6. dkr7

dkr7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    but these decepticons are obscure characters kids arent gonna know about so their not gonna sell, if they did soundwave, starscream, megs, shockwave etc. they'd sell cause kids know who they are, and theres no point in having good guys if your a kid if you havent got bad guys for them to fight.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, this. Bad guys have always enraptured me ever since I was a kid (I have a grand total of one Autobot in my collection). I'm sure many others, including not a few kids these days, feel the same.

In the end, I think it's all a matter of in-fiction emphasis and real-world marketing. The only reason the good guys apparently sell more is because of all the focus being put on them. If, say, Movie Starscream got just as much of the spotlight as Movie Bumblebee and received toys that all equaled HFTD Leader Starscream in terms of quality, I'm sure he'd sell like hotcakes, too.

8. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Well I would like an Movie MP Prime... but buster is already great ;) 

9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would love more Cons.

10. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

No doubt.I like to display my bots between the Autobots and Decepticons.My Autobot shelves are getting kinda cramped,but there's plenty of room on the Decepticon shelf.

11. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

Bring on BLITZWING!

12. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I need more cons. A good, big Galvatron would help my classics con shelf well.

13. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Maybe that was the gimmick... like a lottery? Reveal the Shield... see if you find a decepticon!

14. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

We had two lines that netted strong additions to the group of figures we refer to as "Classics", yet we didn't get single new Stunticon. Damnit.

15. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Kids toy line, kids (usually) like good guys. you do the math.

16. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The good guys just aren't as interesting to me. I was looking at my collection and realised that over half of it is made of Decepticon jets. Add in the rest of the Decepticons and the Autobots only account for 1/3 to 1/4 of my collection.

:lol 

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    been more bots than cons since the beginning , look at 1984 19 Autobots to 10 Decepticons. Kids prefer good guys , they like to be the hero so thats the figures they want. They do want some bad guys to beat up of course but they want mostly good guys.

as for me lately i have bought more Decepticons/Predacons than Autobots/Maximals.

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Recently I moved my collection onto a larger shelving unit, and what surprised me is just how many Classics Autobots I have. Granted I've got more than a few figures I display with Classics that aren't actually from the line (I.E. all my Autobot PCC's go under the "Classics" banner, especially Huffer, and my G1 figures are there too), but while I can fit pretty much all my Decepticons onto on shelf, Classics Autobots need a whole shelf to themselves (although they have to share with my Animated Autobots).

I do have to agree that Decepticons on the whole tend to interest me more, though. My top three favorite TF's of all time (Alt. Battle Ravage, ROTF Bludgeon, and WfC Soundwave) are all Decepticons, even if the first one is retooled from an Autobot!

19. kissmekillme

kissmekillme Banned

While Thunderwing and Straxus are my favorite Generations releases, as a whole I'm much more into the Autobot cars. Their sense of scale in both forms feels closer to me and they're just more colorful and popping on my shelf. It's better for the Decepticons than for Cobra though. I'm just not into the faceless evil masses.

20. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

We need more army builders like Seeker drones or Energon Terrorcons. Hasbro gave us loads of different Vipers in GI Joe back in the 80's. Why not do it with the Cons?

I also think the Armada Demolisher mold would make a nice Army builder. Especially since he's in WFC which to me is pre-G1. Could say that Megatron cloned him for his loyalty. You could imagine Demolisher being ecstatic with being chosen for something like that. It was available in various colour schemes so kids wouldn't feel like they were buying th e exact same toy over and over.