Tips for transforming Masterpiece megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by butters149, Jan 21, 2009.

1. butters149

butters149 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I just bought this toy and noticed how fragile it was. are there any tips on transforming this? I can transform prime ok.

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    1) Patience
    2) Most things that pop off (hip/shoulder panels) pop back on pretty easily.
    3) After you collapse the chest, it can be a bit tight when you expand it again for robot mode. You may have to losen a couple of screws so the sections slide up and down easier.
    4) In general the transformation is a lot like the original G1 toy, there's just more panels and little bits to fold around this time.
    5) It will look like a twisted pile of plastic and metal right before everything clicks in place to finish gun mode.
    6) Follow the instructions, they're actually not that bad.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Just take your time and look at the directions closely. I delibrately took about an hour to transform mine the first time so I could look for stress points and try not to break it.

4. alpharon

alpharon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Take your time. Watch youtube videos of the transformation to prep you so you'll know what to expect. Take your time.

5. butters149

Actually I did try to transform him yesterday, I removed his cannon, tried to snap his head back, I couldn't snap it back. Maybe I wasnt following the directions right. I didnt wanna break it. Is the head suppose to be snapped back? His spinal cord or whatever? lol

Why is Prime SOO much easier to transform? Will I encounter this with starscream when I pick him up next week?

6. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Yes he head and spine do flip back, but you first have to free the arms from the chest. The head Spine and arms are all connected, just like the G1 Megs.

7. butters149

I have never owned a g1 megatron before. So the instructions are wrong then? It said to remove the cannon. Lower the headpiece, flip the headpiece from the spine over and then push the head out. It didnt say antthing about freeing up the arms from the chest first. Which are the steps do I gotta be really careful with?

8. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

stress points i have noticed so far.
    the inside , red part, of his lower legs along the entire top edge of the red part from front to back corner that empty sliding space molded into the red part in general can crack over time as well as the folding flap built into the bottom of the red part

the square tabs on the trigger halves parts as well

basicly any part of master peice megatron that is hopllow and plastic

you ask me it would have been a good idea if they had built as much of the figure as possible using diecast or diecast like parts like what they did for the titanium toyline

9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He is not that bad. Just take your time and it will be okay. Mine is tough as a brick. Once you know how to TF him, its pretty easy actually.

10. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Like everyone said. Take your time on this one. You can easily loose parts.

One other thing, keep it out of reach from everybody. I had it at work and almost get a heart attack when co-workers play around with it without my permission.

11. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You took it to work?? What kind of place do you work at?? If I took mine to work in gun mode they'd think I'd gone ballistic and was about to shoot the place up.

12. butters149

Well I did it last night after work. It did take along time, the chest piece part and abdomen part were sketchy. I had to be careful with turning it back into robot mode, it was very stiff to pull the two piece back up. I managed to only break one of the tab by the trigger when in gun mode, its the one towards the tip of the barrel. Transforming it back into robot mode was wayyyy easier, maybe because it was my first time around or somthing.

13. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I've had MP Mega for about 6-8 months now... I've never Transformed him. I'm affraid to. I don't want ANYTHING breaking from it..

14. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    lol... I keep him in bot mode. I use to keep meg displayed on a shelf in front of my desk at work, but people tend to mess around with it forced me to move him behind my desk so people have to go through me befor they can get their paws on him.

Oh yeah, I work for a software development company that produces video games.

15. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, gotcha. I work for a background checking company. We're in the midst of a merger and just had some layoffs that caught everyone off guard; if I had a G1 Megatron in gun mode (normal or MP) I think everyone would freak and I'd be led out in handcuffs before I had a chance to explain what it was ha ha.

I just have a few 3-inch Titaniums at my desk. People are respectful and leave them alone, though I do have an M&M jar to throw them off.

Back on topic...I have MP Megatron, but am absolutely petrified of the thought of transforming him, so leave him alone. I've only transformed Skywarp and Thundercracker among my Masterpieces, and that's because I had to out of the box. One day I might pick up a second and try to transform him for display purposes though.

16. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I don't know that I ever will transform mine again. Maybe, because..despite its complexity, it really is a satisfying transformation, but it can just be so stressful. I broke mine transforming it, which I was able to repair, but his barrel still is a bit loose along the broken track for it.

17. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i've tfd mine at least 100 times now, still ok, great figure

18. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Dang... 100 times??? You're pushing your luck don't you think? LOL. One of these days I'll build up enough courage to transform that SOB.

19. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i have a tip.... dont transform him!! haha