Tips for buying from sellers on TFW2005

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by Makxsh1mum, May 13, 2009.

1. Makxsh1mum

Makxsh1mum Well-Known Member

Hey guys, tried doing a search through this specific forum, and read through the rules as well as the postal tips, but given that i've not done that much purchasing through other individuals (usually stick to mainstream stores like BBTS for example), do you guys/gals have any tips for "purchase-through-individual-noobs"?

I've got common sense obviously, so looking through the feedback thread is an obvious start, but are there any other things i should DEFINITELY look out for? make sure i do?

Clarification of MOSC, etc.? Get pictures? Ask about smoke free environment? I feel like for some reason, i'm missing something, but can't put my finger on it. Just wanna protect myself as best as possible. But hey, maybe the above's the best that anyone can do. Quite possible.

If this thread is a repeat, just point me in the right direction and a mod can close it off. Otherwise, any insight is appreciated.

2. Shakira

Shakira Well-Known Member

Good Junkion feedback is always important!
    Dont screw people! Be fair we are a small community no need to act like the rest of the world.
    Be upfront explain all damage, missing acc's etc etc.
    Ship it like you want it to get there in one piece. Dont hammer people on shipping this leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths.

3. GrantB

GrantB Drink it

News Credits:
    You've pretty much nailed it. Check the seller's feedback and use your common sense. If something red-flags your mind, listen to your gut.

Most good sellers will be sure to note:
    * condition/notable details of any fig
    * whether environment is smoke-free
    * will be absolutely clear on the distinction between mint-in-box and mint-with-box (I've seen some listings with "MIB" figures that have a broken or missing part. That's just crap.)

Sellers who are not clear on the above may still be good, and might just be new to this. Don't be afraid to clarify things via thread-replies or PMs. High-priced items should always come with plenty of photos.

If you need pics, ask. If you have questions on condition, ask. If the seller is unresponsive, let it go and wait for another seller. The delay in asking might run you the risk of losing the item to another buyer, but better that than getting ripped off, right?

I've had nothing but good experiences in my year on this board, but there are plenty of horror stories out there. Good luck.

4. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would also be nice to actually get replies from sellers when inquiring about items they seem to want to get rid off, too many times sellers simply ignore your PM's. Which raises the red flag to me.

5. battlefudge

battlefudge TFW2005 Supporter

My advice:
    Just ask questions until you are satisfied. I always look for people with feedback that talks about communication.

6. Makxsh1mum

Makxsh1mum Well-Known Member

Cool. Thanks for the insight everyone. Nice sig toyzarmine. haha.

7. GrantB

GrantB Drink it

News Credits:
    I think often this happens because they sold it to someone else in the meantime.