Tip for buying movie toys early at wal-mart

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by krazyglu, May 23, 2007.

1. krazyglu

krazyglu Member

I finally found the movie toys in a store! Wal-Mart in Ellicott City, MD

the problem is that in wal-mart's computers it still says they can't be sold, i've heard of a few people being told at the register that they can't buy it

here's the tip, get the toy department manager to let you buy them, it worked like a charm for me, but i was specifically told that the general manager wounldn't let anyone buy them because he didn't know what was going on

the toy manager said they had just gotten the order in to display them and that the general manager doesn't have anything to do with that

hopefully this can help some people get their toys early

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Display them?! Are you fucking kidding me? That's like taunting a starving dog with a slab of ham!

3. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If there's no 'not for purchase until june 2' sign on the display, that's unbelievably badly thought-out. :lol 

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    If there's toys displayed WITH that sign, it's unbelievably badly thought-out.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Agreed. The whole practise of putting toys out and then not selling them is fucking ludicrous.

6. krazyglu

krazyglu Member

sorry, i guess i should clarify... by display he meant they got the order to put them out to be sold... the problem is that the computer system hasn't been told that

but i did buy all i wanted, and it just takes a little talking to the right person

7. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Here's a tip someone said that would probably work at Walmart -

Grab the movie deluxes, and also grab a protoform. Go to self check-out, and ring up the protoform once for each movie deluxe you have. The ID numbers and prices for the protoforms are supposedly the same as the regular movie deluxes. Even if they stop you at the door, they will look at your receipt, and everything should check out.

If I see them at Walmart before June 2nd, this is what I plan to do.

8. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Now that is smart thinking. This is the first time I heard that in the whole Walmart saga.

9. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Let me just say that I looooooooooove movie protoforms so much. Those lovable bastards got me my $20 movie deluxes! Oh yeah baby.

10. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

That's a great idea cept finding a Wal-Mart that has both Protoforms AND movie deluxes is next to impossible. My Wal-Mart never put out Classics Devastator, Alt Rumble & Ravage or the protoforms. My area Wal-Marts go above & beyond,not only do they stick to the street dates, they don't even put out the product that legally can be put out. The last interesting Transformers item they got in was the Classics Prime vs. Megatron 2-packs. :banghead: 

11. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If my Walmart had the protoforms, I would try that 'cause that's a great idea. How they have movie items out already but no protoforms is just the way my crappy Walmart works, though.

12. krazyglu

krazyglu Member

that's one more thing, if anyone is near Ellicott City, MD they also have alt rumble and ravage, the protoforms, almost all the other classics, and classics Devastator for like $26

13. Zerus

Zerus Banned

i was at my local Walmart and all they had from the Movie line of toys were
    TWO of the Starscream Blasters.

i DID pick up Alternator Ravage and Rumble...

14. Thorns2010

Thorns2010 Well-Known Member

Ummmm....I guess I'll say it.

If the movie deluxes have the same ID number as the protoforms how do the protoforms not come up with a restiction??

15. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

When I picked up my load of movie Voyagers and Deluxes from Walmart, I felt like a criminal or something.

I found a whole crop of them on the top shelf hiding behind some other toys in the preschool aisle (other end of the department from the TF display). After some basketball jumps I managed to fish all the ones I wanted from the top of the shelf, but I didn't have a shopping cart with me. I also wanted to price check them on the floor scanner before getting in line, but since they rearranged that Wallmart, I couldn't find the damn thing!

So there I was, wandering desperately around the store with an armload of Transformers (falling on the floor every 5 steps due to the irregular box and blister shapes) and a fearful expression on my face, just waiting for some employee to spot me with my contraband toys, shout "Hey! The street date for those is June 2nd!!!" and raise the alarm. :) 

The floor scanner wouldn't give me a reading on the figures at all... it said "Contact salesperson." Finally, while I was kind of uncertainly approaching the check-outs, a managerial looking woman flagged me down, and said "Do you need some help with something?"

Clever ruse, lady... "I... uh... I wanted to get a price on these?" I stammered weakly...

"Right this way sir." she gestured to an open register. There was no line, no screaming kids, nobody else there at all. It was almost mystical to see such a thing at Walmart. I cautiously laid out my haul of toys on the belt, and she scanned each one, telling me that they were exactly the price that I would have expected them to be. "Will you be taking all of them?"

"Ummm..." It was a trick... it had to be! "... yesssss. Yes, I will..."

And then in a matter of seconds, it was done. All scanned, all paid for. No fuss, no refusals or street dates... It wasn't until I was strolling through the parking lot, feeling sort of stunned by my random luck that it occurred to me that it was easily the fastest and most painless transaction I'd ever had at Walmart!

Must have been a full moon or something. :) 

zmog

16. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I figured that I would just print out the press release from the computer and bring it to them, they have to listen to me right?

17. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

the manager is dumb and full of shit

We got an e-mail at work in early may/late april to not sell any TF toys we start recieving until June 2nd, they even sent us a list of what items to keep an eye out for. We just got our first shipment yesterday and the only thing that was shelfed was the plush dolls but no one has bought one yet.

18. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    Good idea. But, that means I'd have to buy another Starscream. Or, the worst Optimus Prime (imho) in recent history.

19. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    You can always return it.

20. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I know a tip. Just wait the nine days until the 2nd and everyone can buy them hassel free.:thumb