Tiny Toon Adventures and the Summer Vacation film

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by HordakFan, Sep 18, 2012.

1. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

Any fans of this 90s animated classic show plus the 1992 cult animated movie? i am since i was 9 when it first aired and taped every episode plus i loved the animated movie which kicks ass since i was 10, i just got it on DVD the movie i mean which is an online exclusive.

I also loved the spin-offs known as Animaniacs, Freakazoid and Pinky and the Brain which all seem to share the same universe.

2. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

I remember the show and movie. Loved them as a kid. Haven't seen it since the early 90's though.

3. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not an online only thing. You can buy it at stores as well.

This was a fun movie. Many jokes went over kids heads. Loved the pluky segments.

4. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I loved Tiny Toons! Years ago I bought my ex the dvds, and when I sat down to watch the pilot I saw in the credits Bruce "Batman TAS" Timm! Holy Crap!
    The precursor to Animaniacs (among other things), the Summer Vacation film was great. Too bad they cut out a lot (the Dizzy Devil "box look" story was one iirc) when aired in pieces as individual eps.

The SNES game was a lot of fun too, definitely under-rated. TT 'preciated!!

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the Warner Bros. streak of toons back in the 90s was amazing.
    i think if these shows had come out now, odds of them becoming cult faves and rivaling the popularity of Family Guy or King of the Hill on Adult Swim seems pretty high.

the writing was that good.

6. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

I agree the SNES and NES games were fun, i played those all the time as a kid.

The Plucky segments were amusing in the film and who else loves the animation in the film from TMS? they know how to be perfection in TV animation and some animated films like Little Nemo to Akira.

Who else felt sorry for Fifi in the film? all she wanted was to be with her idol but too bad Johnny LePew turned up to be a stuck up dickhead, who thinks Johnny LePew was modeled after Johnny Depp?

Did anyone found the hitcher to be creepy? he looks like Charles Lee Ray with Casey Jones with the mind of Hannibal Lector/Leatherface.

And any guys thought Bimbette the pink skunkette was foxy for a toon skunk chick? i did since i was 10 and had a crush on her.

Yes i did noticed Bruce Timm did the show as the Batduck episode was one of his early gateways to Batman TAS besides the 89 movie and comics. He is animation's best genius next to Disney and Miyazaki.

7. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

While I didn't grow up with this cartoon (I'm too young :lol ), I discovered it on the internet and loved it so much I bought both season 1 DVD sets.

Best Looney Tunes spinoff EVER.

8. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I remember that series, I got the movie recorded on VHS still.

9. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I loved the series as a kid, still do, but I remember watching the summer vacation movie when I was like 7 or so and thinking it was utter garbage.

10. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

I was a big fan. Recently I've been hoping to find a copy of the first NES game based on the series because I absolutely loved it as a kid. I actually did see a copy in a local specialty shop but they were asking $30 for it. Considering it's not rare or even exactly a popular game, there's no way I'm paying that.

And yeah, the VHS tape of the Summer Vacation movie is still in my parents' house somewhere, likely very worn out by now.

11. Spin-Out

Spin-Out "It's just... Asinine."

Well, to be honest, I never liked Tiny Toons that much despite liking Animaniacs and absolutely loving Pinky and the Brai-

[​IMG]
    oh god it's greengoblin

12. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Are they spin-offs? As far I know only "Pinky and The Brain" is a spin-off of "Animaniacs". And yes, they share the same world, at least Wacko and Brain did appear in...oh! Wait! I was forgetting that show with Elmyra. Yep! All same continuity. ^^
    And yes! I completely love the show! So many good laughs! XD

13. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Happy 25th anniversary to Tiny Toons Adventures! The pilot aired on CBS way back on September 14th 1990.