Timesynch's Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Timesynch, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My first 1/6 scale figure -- 303Toys Romance of the Three Kingdoms Archer / Bow Soldier:

[​IMG]

Very cool figure with some sweet accessories. I actually bought him (off eBay with a $20 coupon) with the intention of reusing his clothes, weapons, and armor for a kitbashing project for another 1/6 scale figure, but I wasn't expecting to like him as much as I do. The period style really does appeal to me.

[​IMG]

His face sculpt is really well done. He reminds me of Sammo Hung, oddly enough. :lol 

Custom Leader Class DOTM Shockwave (by Forgotten Forest) and custom Leader Class ROTF/DOTM Starscream (by FrogDNA):

[​IMG]

Custom Leader Class DOTM Shockwave with custom painted Human Alliance Barricade and Robot Replicas Frenzy:

[​IMG]

FansToys Quakewave (MP not-Shockwave) with custom DOTM Shockwave:

[​IMG]

Custom ROTF/DOTM Starcream with MP-11 Starscream (Hasbro version):

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Rust Bucket

News Credits:
    Damn it TimeSynch! You make me well jell! :D 

3. Timesynch

News Credits:
    I guess my job here is done. :D  Thanks for the compliment, heh.

eBay just offered me a 10% discount code for my next purchase. Guess I'll be on the lookout for something new then.

4. Timesynch

News Credits:
    Takara Femme Cons!

Just cracked open these ladies last night (courtesy of AmiAmi via EMS) and they're fantastic! Paint decos and retooled parts are just great. I dig Nightbird the most mostly because the whole black-and-silver kunoichi/female ninja motif works for me, though Blackarachnia and Slipstream work well too in bot mode. Nightbird's alt mode is solid as a vehicle (given it's just Arcee's Cybertronian corvette) while I feel the other two's alt modes suffer slightly from fiddliness just due to the molds their based on (Slipstream especially).

[​IMG]

I gave Nightbird the double kama/sickle and chain (kusari-gama) weapon from FansProject's ninja version of Bombshell, and it works so effen well with her!

[​IMG]

They could have engineered Blackarachnia's chest to slide up higher to hide the gap where her neck joint is, but overall, I dig her. Head sculpt is bang on, as are the colors.

[​IMG]

Slipstream's face sculpt isn't as derpy in hand as in some photos, though I wish her nose wasn't as long and that her mouth/grin wasn't so wide. Her unique null rays work well in bot mode, but less so in jet mode, I find. Gave her an extra set of Arcee's energon blades since I think they work well with her color scheme.

[​IMG]

Not to be outdone, the Takara Femme Bots also take the field and strut their stuff!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Timesynch

News Credits:
    Decided to rework the lower legs on my Human Alliance Soundwave to give him some added height, stability, and articulation. I basically used parts from a junker Voyager TFTM Blackout and Voyager Prime RID Megatron. Parts can be attached and removed without damaging the original figure whatsoever.

[​IMG]

Still a WIP and will continue to work on giving the legs some additional parts (probably from a 1/24 scale Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG model kit) such as the CGI/screen accurate wheels on the outside of the shins/ankles (I tried to find a way to safely remove the ones on his forearms but they're pinned on with no access to one side of the pin, unfortunately) and spike-y knee pads to help flesh them out a bit more. Also plan to paint him all up in metallic silver.

[​IMG]

Comparison with Human Alliance Barricade (custom painted) and their various minions (Barricade's using a fan-moded HA Pinpointer as Ratbat :D ).

Attached Files:

6. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Nice job with Groove placement, I've had that same idead:thumb 

7. Timesynch

News Credits:
    Thanks, but I can't take credit for it since I believe I saw someone else do that with Groove in another thread (probably the Combiner Wars Appreciation Thread). :D 

8. Timesynch

News Credits:
    Was a very good Christmas. Too many Transformers, GI Joe, and Star Wars figures and vehicles to count.

OK, it's not Transformers related (though still an integral part of my growing collection of geek/nerd stuff), but my prized holiday haul has to be my Albion Next Generation Kingmaker sword and custom sheath and matching belt that I commissioned from a professional leather-worker/scabbard-maker. What a beauty, and she came out looking phenomenal!

I even requested he add my unit patch (the crest/sigil) and Latin motto (which translates to "Freedom Through Vigilance"). Very happy with how it all came together and will look great paired with my custom shield (also painted with a unit patch).

Pictures of the blade/sword itself can be found at The Kingmaker Medieval Sword Photos for those interested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Darkstream

Darkstream Banned

Nice collection man and well displayed. Which Bumblebee, Optimus (nect to Red Alert) and Megs are those

10. Timesynch

News Credits:
    Classier (professionally taken) photos of my new "toy" acquisition. :D  The photos can also been seen on the customizer's Web site: DBK Custom Swords - Custom Scabbard - Albion Kingmaker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks, much appreciated! I assume you mean my Classics/Generations displays, in which case the Bumblebee is third party ArtFeather's Bee (I just modded his chest and backpack) while Optimus Prime is iGear's PP01 Faith Leader. My main Classics Megatron is ToyWorld's Hegemon with the Firefair foot add-ons/upgrade (I've since added X-Transbot's Apollyon as the main Megatron leading my MP Decepticons).

Attached Files:

11. Darkstream

Darkstream Banned

Thanks for the info, I am currently starting a Classics/Henkei collection, and I am getting ideas from fellow collectors. I find this section very helpful for any new collectors as myself.

Cheers! :D 

12. Timesynch

News Credits:
    No problem!

13. Timesynch

News Credits:
    Updated Bayverse Decepticons shelf (sorry for the blurry photo but seems appropriately atmospheric).

[​IMG]

Megatron: "All hail Megatron.... Lord of War."

Nicholas Cage: "It's pronounced 'warlord'."

Megatron: "I prefer it my way."

:D 

[​IMG]

Also customized/kitbashed together a Hua Mulan (the legendary Chinese woman warrior) from Original Effect's Army Attractive Mulan and 303 Toys Chinese Archer/Bow Soldier. Contemplating getting 303 Toys' black Chinese horse to give her a noble steed.

Attached Files:

14. davidhunternyc

davidhunternyc Well-Known Member

This is my first time looking at your collection. Very impressive. I was wondering if you would like to play a game? Here it is: If you could just have 3 of these figures to keep and were forced to give the rest away, never to be seen again, which three would you keep and why? : )

15. Timesynch

News Credits:
    Acquisitions so far since I've moved to Japan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LG-EX Rhinox and Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive MP-25L Loud Pedal. (MP Ratchet, MP Shockwave, and UW Devastator are on their way to me. :D )

[​IMG]

Really loving the way Rhinox and MP Loud Pedal came out! Can't wait for the rest of my collection (all packed up) arrives (via cargo freighter)!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. Timesynch

News Credits:
    Thanks, much appreciated!

Only 3 figures? Hmmm.

I'd have to say the first is MP-M01 Movie Masterpiece Starscream (such an awesome figure and it was one of two purchases back in 2009 that got me back into collecting toys hardcore; the other figure was MP-03 Takara "Walmart white version" Starscream).

The second is MP-11 Starscream (my favorite Decepticon character done right in MP format; also got him while honeymooning with the waifu in Japan so he has the "good memories" factor going for him).

The third would be MP-20 Wheeljack (my favorite Autobot character done in MP format).

I have a bunch of 3rd party, custom, and non-Transformers figures that are very cool and expensive in their own right but those three are the tops for me.

17. davidhunternyc

davidhunternyc Well-Known Member

First of all, I am very grateful that you took this game seriously. There are so many, endless collectible TF figures that it is very easy to get a headache as to what to collect and why. Secondly, your choices also gives us an insight to your character and your personality. For instance, I find it interesting that your choice of favorite characters is a Decepticon. Call me vanilla but I still prefer Optimus Prime. I get you though. Starscream has always wanted to replace Megatron so, in the end, you're still for the underdog. I also gather that you are in the camp that if a TF does not transform then it is not a TF. Kudos to you. It's nice to see someone taking a hard stance. Thank you so much for playing this game. Of course, you could always amend your top three. Just sayin'...

So what is your opinion about non-transformable TF's? For instance, what do you think of the World of 3A's, "Bumblebee"?

18. Timesynch

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings!"

[​IMG]

Megs: "I like your chair. Give it to me!" :D 

Attached Files:

19. khopson

khopson Well-Known Member

Ha-ha. I love your mix of figures...as well as your humor. :) 

20. Timesynch

News Credits:
    Not toys per se (OK, maybe they are toys for grown men :D ).

My 5th Generation 2012 Ford Mustang V6 (305 hp; I opted for the MCA or Mustang Club of America premium performance package and 3.31:1 limited slip differential; she's currently in storage back in the States):

Stang_Mang.jpg

My newest acquisition upon arriving in Japan -- 2005 Nissan Skyline V6 250 GT (212 hp 11th Generation V35 Skyline, or a re-badged 3rd Generation Infiniti G35):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Always liked Nissan cars (I owned a 1993 Nissan Silvia when I was stationed in Okinawa back in '04-'08; it wasn't a turbo or anything but still a decent car).

I always liked the Cons, even as a kid. Aside from the fact that I liked fighter jets (maybe that was a big reason why I joined the U.S. Air Force :D ), I enjoyed the dynamics and character interactions between the Cons more. Freud would've had a field day with Megatron and Starscream's toxic relationship, for example. :lol  Soundwave and his minions were cool too, as were their triplechangers and combiners (always thought their gestalt teams were more badass than the Autobots').

I like non-transforming figures, but it depends on the particular figure and the company making it. Revoltech figures often get shit on but I actually enjoy Kaiyodo's take on G1 characters (continued by third party Custom Robots) and the live action movie characters too (wish they made more figures beyond just Optimus and Bumblebee).

The DMK figures are great too, as are 3A/ThreeZero's offerings. I only have DOTM Megatron so far but I like him despite his flaws. DOTM Optimus should be arriving to me soon. I passed on Bumblebee since I'm not the biggest fan of the character. I'm definitely more of a Barricade guy. :D  Bee looks cool and all but I find that he's too big and out of scale next to the likes of Optimus, Megatron, and Starscream. Starscream is my most anticipated 3A figure as he's my favorite Bayverse Con design.

But if 3A releases a smaller version of Bee (much as they did with the 3A Half-size line of Metal Gear Solid Rex and Ray figures), I'll consider picking him up. My hope is that they do a Half-size sub-line and continue their DOTM lineup with characters such as Barricade and Soundwave.

I have several (pricey) non-transforming custom figures, such as the Leader-scaled/sized DOTM Shockwave and DOTM Megatron pictured above (both done by customizer Forgotten Forest, I believe; the guy does awesome work!). Often it's because there are no official alternatives in a similar size point (there was no official transforming Leader Shockwave or Megatron from the DOTM toy lines, for example). It's either go custom or go third party (such as TF Dream Factory Shockwave).

A big part of collecting custom figures is that I can appreciate all the work and craftsmanship that went into making the figure. I dabble in some minor DIY kitbashes myself (though nowhere near what Forgotten Forest can do) and I now realize all the time and meticulous effort that goes into making custom figures (and why some customizers often charge so much for their work).

Thanks, man! Much appreciated! I try to have fun with my figures when I can but it's often not easy due to time constraints (I'm still unpacking my collection and in the process of reorganizing all of my display shelves after moving to Japan). Time is one of those precious resources that's in short supply for me these days, it seems.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017