Timelines Punch Counterpunch Knockoff?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by King Waspinator, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King Waspinator

King Waspinator Well-Known Member

I just recently gotten a timeline Punch/Counterpunch figure off of ebay. the seller sent it from China and said it was a china version, but looking at the figure, i'm wondering if this may in fact be a knockoff he sold.

Nothing seems wrong with the figure, the paint seems okay, nothing is loose or fragle. if it wasn't or the lack of rubsigns and the wierd web address above the name i wouldn't think there was a problum.

so I took a few pics and put them up here to see if anyone can tell me if this is indeed a proper Punch figure or just a really convincing knockoff

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    99% sure that's the KO.

3. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy SeƱor Member TFW2005 Supporter

Box says CHMS on the lower corner= KO

You got a KO

4. zy80

zy80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it is a knockoff made by chms. the bottom left hand corner of the box illustration should be 'chms'? . chms was also behind the knockoff henkei seekers

5. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a KO. Hope you didn't pay more than the $50 USD that its been going around for. That's why KO sellers are such scum. Preying on people by telling them this is some sort of special version. They should've never made the box. The box made the KO even harder to tell. From what I heard the KO is pretty good quality so if you just want a display piece, you got one.

6. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can you link to the original auctions please?

7. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's a KO alright. It's a shame that China version pretty much means KO these days.

8. King Waspinator

I had a feeling that was going to be the case. oh well, considering what small amount i paid for it, its not that bad. still thanks for the help.

here TRANSFORMERS CHMS Exclusive Deluxe Punch-Counterpunch(China Ver.) in stock | eBay

9. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Yeah, price should've been a clear indicator. I don't think I've seen a genuine P/CP sell for less than $150 US.

10. dragon516

News Credits:
    Looks like the ones in the pictures has more details in it and has a bigger head. Don't know if that was a custom or a future release. If they are using pictures of custom to sell this fig that is worse... Gawd I hate KO sellers. I generally don't have too much of a problem with KO, but hate it when people like this that mis represents them to people.

11. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking at those auction pics, it looks like this guy comes with 2 separate heads. I never bought the original (nor had any interest in it), but didn't it only come with one small head that had the second head on the back of the first?

12. dragon516

News Credits:
    Original only has one small head and looking at pictures from the OP there seems to be only the original head. That's why I thought maybe they took pictures of a custom and post it on there. I think OP should make stink about this if he feels like he has been cheated or lied to, but that's up to OP. I had considered getting this for a normal sized head to replace on mine but was told that they are putting the bigger head on hold for a while first.

13. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Looking at the figure, 50 bucks doesn't seem like such a bad price for it. I'm actually considering buying one now...

Also, I think it's funny how the seller conveniently has a sticker covering up the CHMS logo at the bottom corner of the box.

14. dragon516

News Credits:
    Make sure that you are looking at pictures OP is posting as I am almost certain that the pictures in the ebay posting is from a Custom. The top two pictures are of the KO but the ones with the bigger head are from a custom. The paint job is very good and the headlights are not painted over. Shade of blue is different from what I can tell. The KO has color choices that are very close to the real thing though.

15. Scaleface

News Credits:
    There is also the fact that the auction said CHMS 3 times and "China Version" twice! The seller was completely honest in that respect.

All the pictures in the auction are taken from other auctions, and I guess the seller didn't realize one of the auctions he stole the pictures from was for a custom.

16. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Wasn't the original TFCC Punch/Counterpunch about $50-60 when he first came out? Crazy to think KOs are selling at the SRP the originals went for.

17. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I am confused, the seller clearly states CHMS in his auction. The original was TFCC.

18. King Waspinator

To be honest, I never heard of CHMS before this and never knew about thier reputaion for making knock offs, while the fact TFCC wasn't mention was one for the things that made me qustion if this was a knock off, the seller saying that it was a china version (another knock off trick i never encountered before) made me not relly think about it

19. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    lolwut?!? The box is the dead giveaway, it would be harder, not easier to tell the KO apart without the box. When in doubt, look at the box and look for the CHMS logo and the url above the figure name.

20. Scaleface

News Credits:
    This is what happens when TFW2005 hides the KO and third party news. People don't even know they exist!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.