Timelines #2

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Dreweido, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So for the peeps who weren't at Botcon now's your chance to read the Classics summer special... for those who picked it up what'd yah think? How bout that coloring ;) 

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I read it with my box set I got the other day. The colors were nice but the pencils seemed to start looking really rushed towards the end of the issue. Also I didn't really like how all the Botcon exclusives pretty much got their butts handed to them in the issue. Bugbite seemed like a pretty cool character in the story though.

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I picked it up today but haven't read it yet.

The coloring better not suck...

4. chrizgrv

chrizgrv lurker in the depths

My comic shop hasn't gotten the last few transformers items. Can someone pick this one up for me? PM me if you can.

5. Dreweido

News Credits:
    :lol 

I'm very proud of 99% of the work I did for this issue. That 1% is only little stuff.

A lot of people speculated Bugbite's brain wasn't in his head or something to that degree on Allspark... I think that's a cool idea... Bugbite was probably my favorite character to color towards the end. And SPOILER Megatron, Alex draws the coolest Classics Megs I've ever seenENDSPOILER.

6. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    The comic was good, although I had to look at Wikipedia to figure out the one Autobot was Action Master Snarl, and swoop is out of proportion for a mini-con. over-all my only real problem was there were too many autobots for the story. And I just want to know when Hasbro will announce Classic Elita-1 for release and show the Unicron Repaint/Remold for Bludgeon that we all know is coming.

7. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

Read it, though it was a bit confusing without the rest of the Club's Classic comic to go with it. But oh well.

It was pretty good and certainly one of FP's less fan-wanky stories. I liked Bug Bite the most and thought it was inspired how they took the e-hobby bio and expanded upon it so much. A shame he had to go and die just when he was getting interesting.

Dreadwind was funny.

Overall, next to Dawn of Future's Past, it's one of the best/least-annoying comics that FP has released and certainly shows an upward trend on their part. It got me wanting to read the rest of the Classics storyline, anyway. So hopefully they release that in trade like they did their Cybertron comic.

8. Energon_Skywarp

Energon_Skywarp Well-Known Member

OK one thing has been bugging me. I picked this up today and I absolutely love it! Nice to see the Classics line get their own story.

But where is #1????

9. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

looked though it at the comic book shop...looked interesting to say the least....but i didnt pick it up due the price.

10. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

#1 was the retail release of "Dawn of Future's Past", the Beast Wars prequel (which was actually kind of good, surprisingly).

It was released awhile back, many months, in fact. If your shop doesn't have any in their back issue bins then they're probably sold out. It also carried the same outrageous retail price as #2.

11. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    outragous would be $10, $5 isn't so bad. Newstand issues of Marvels top books are being upped to $3.99 unlike the #2.99 sold at specialty shops.

12. Dreweido

News Credits:
    Eh, you get a lot for the 5 dollars. There's art on almost every page, no ads right? Profiles, that minicon story.

#1 is available in the club store.

13. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    It was an alright comic, all things considered, but I thought it relied way too much on in-depth knowledge of the Marvel G1 comics, which I haven't read in forever. Relying on something easier-to-access like a TV show-- such as how last years' comic relied on knowledge of Beast Wars-- makes more sense, at least to me anyways.

14. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    Is it for sale anywhere other than the club store?

15. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I really liked this comic. It was fun and a good self contained story. There were lots of easter eggs, good characterization and the colours were excellent. I loved Mirage and just the the detail.
    I agree though that the Autobot attack on the last few pages was murky and hard to follow, but it was just a denouement to Megatron's badassery. I liked the Shockwave head mounted above the mantle. An interesting conversation piece.

16. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    So my question is now, what happens to Dready and company now that Bugbite is pwnt? They just gonna chill with Megs, or scamper back off the Bludgeon?
    DN

17. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I assume hang out with Megatron. He's kinda hard to say no too.

18. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Did I miss WHEN Shockwave got his head cut off? and WHEN are we gonna see Bludgeon.

19. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Didn't this happen in near the end of the Marvel series?

20. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    I have the convention exclusive, but what profiles are covered in the diamond release editiont?

From the botcon version, overall, I liked it with now a greater appreciation of Bugbite, yet it was sad to see rhyming Weirdwolf go.X/

And Drew, your cool, temperate colors worked fine with Milne's art. Although, I do agree that toward the last 2 pages or so, the linework did looked slightly rushed, but not enough to distract away from me enjoying the story.