Time Traveling Toy Collectors

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Sep 19, 2011.

1. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    i'd tell myself to take better care of them and not have played with them as hard as i did. some got buried ... as torture by cons. or frozen in ice!

2. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Take better care of them and keep them complete.

3. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 Banned

I would have collected more Beast Wars toys. Also not waste any money on the movieverse lines (save for a few).

4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I think you're over thinking this too much, you just live in the past with yourself helping younger you avoid bad decisions with your knowledge of the future. You never return to your own time.

Simply put what I wanted then either wasn't affordable or is not something I care about now and I feel that if I didn't get the things I don't care about now I would of gotten the things I couldn't afford then

Then I had allot of Power Rangers stuff that now I regret and am slightly ashamed of even admitting to ever owning them. There's several times when I've seen Transformers I wanted but didn't have money for. When I did have the money for the Transformers I wanted I couldn't find them in the stores anymore. Simply put if I saved the money I would have spent on Power Rangers I would of been able to get more Transformers figures.

Think about it, with power ranger alone I had All of the role play weapons and morphers from the original to "In Space" with the one exception of the original green rangers flute/dagger thingy. I had the White Tiger Zord and every Mega Zord that came out after it again up till "In Space". That stuff is expensive and I ended up selling some of it that was still in good condition but most of that stuff is broken or missing parts that I can't find. Think of all the Transformers I could of gotten if I never bought any of that power rangers stuff in the first place.

I missed out on allot of Beast Wars toys because I was still heavily into Power Rangers at the time. Bat Primal and Alligatortron the 2 pack that came out before the show actually aired, Dinobot, Tarantulas, Tripdacus, Optimal Optimus, TM2 Megatron, Optimus Minor, B'Boom, a Red version of TM Cheetor, TM2 Cheetor, Silverbolt, TM Waspinator, and Cybershark are the only Beast Wars toys I ever had, not necessarily in that order.

I missed out on Optimus Primal and Megatron which I later ended up getting off e-bay only to find out they were missing parts then bought again when they were reissued with more show accurate heads. TM Optimus Primal and Megatron which I also got on E-bay but they actually came MIB. I wanted but never got Magnaboss and the show accurate color version of TM Cheetor. I also really wanted Depth Charge so much that I bought his Universe recolor but I still ended up wanting his original toy after that. And Tigerhawk, I could of had Tigerhawk instead of the White Tiger Zord from power rangers.

Beast Wars was the series that got me back into Transformers but I hardly had any of it's toys. And the ones I did have either my brother broke, I lost, or I gave away to my best friend at the time who would later grow up to cheat on his wife with my girlfriend. Yeah I'd also make sure my younger self never gave his toys away because my friends are @$$ holes. He still has Dinobot, Waspinator, and Silverbolt. And last time I saw Silverbolt, he was missing an arm.

Yeah obviously I have allot of other problems I'd like to correct with time travel like making sure I never talk to that guy in the first place. I just want to get rid of all the clutter around me. Preferably I want to make back the money from it because I really need it but I know it's not going to be worth the original price anymore.

The only real problems with temporal dynamics is convincing your past parents that you're their son from the future and if you have to travel back to before you were born to get G1 toys, doing it without preventing yourself from being born in the first place.

5. mikenoynoy

mikenoynoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Say " I love you and thank you" more to Mom and Dad.

6. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    This.

My Dad died in 2006, and I don't think I said those to him often enough.

7. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

Agreed!

8. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    There's plenty of things I've regretted wasting my money on over the years. All that A/E/C crap. The Bayverse crap. It just goes on & on... :eek:  I wish I owned more G1s when I was a kid (especially the expensive ones) - that would have saved me a heap of money in the long run... :lol 

9. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Time travelling wouldn't help me. Most toys I wanted, I have never seen on the shelves, because the ones I wanted and saw, I mostly bought as a kid. And now the toys are ridicously expensive. But if I gave my younger self the classics toys... woohoo. That'd be great! :D 

But would I take them? And if my mother found out I took toys from a strange man? She would demand to give them back. So I would not have won anything :( 

BUT... I would buy THIS and give it to my younger self. Probably my 18 year old self. And then I could get cars, girls, toys, apartements... and become RICH, POWERFUL and EVIL err.. maybe not evil. But you get what I mean :) 

[​IMG]

Edit... damn. When I'm 18 this books is worth to me only one year. I need to get something newer...

10. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I'd tell my past self about the Diakron molds. Hilarity would ensue.

11. newbielives

newbielives Well-Known Member

I would have bought ROTF Leader Class Buster Prime while he was still in the $100 range

12. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    1. Tell my younger self to get his folks to pick him up the RID and UT toys he saw on shelves.
    2. Tell him to not get Camshaft, Brawl, Legends Megatron, Legends Starscream and Jungle Bonecrusher.
    3. Tell him to get ROTF Leader Optimus Prime when he got ROTF Leader Jetfire.

13. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    I'd invest all my money in microsoft, apple, pixar, facebook, amazon and youtube and worry about picking up the toys another time.

14. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Tell my younger self about GPS.

Also tell him not to sell his Micromasters.

Also buy that Browning from the flea market which I passed up on because he wasn't Megatron and thought he was a knockoff...

15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Tell my younger self not to lose his Victory Saber, Road Caesar, and LioKaiser.

16. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Good idea, tell my younger self not to trade any toys.

17. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I'd appear before my parents AT the toy store and Say "OK here's a list of ones you need to buy, leave in thier box and then toss into a big bin until I'm 18"

My parents totally would not have freaked out about that.

there was actually a point in 1987 where there were some toys my dad said "We should get these, I'll bet they'll go up in value....Dad was right....course he let me OPEN and play with them so...purpose defeated.

18. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I'd go back and tell myself not to burn, blow up, dismember and shoot my g1 scorponok, galvatron, and my beast wars. Yup, I was a Sid. Then I'd go back a bit further and pick up a pet T-rex.

19. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Passing up a fort max mib at a toy show back in '97 for $300

20. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I would've bought two of everything starting from the Diaclone era to the Headmasters and Targetmasters including the back-when $80-100 dollar Fort-Max's. I would've kept one minty fresh in box and in storage, and displayed the second one.