Time travelers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by littlebotbrat, Aug 30, 2007.

1. littlebotbrat

littlebotbrat Well-Known Member

A couple of times in G1 were transformers went to the past of earth but never into the future. What would happen if they did. Beast wars was based on prehistoric era but the maximals nor preds went to the future. What would happen if they did. Not once did the transformers go back to their history or their future. Would it be neat? What would happen?

2. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    that would be neat

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Depends on what theories about space-time one subscribes to, I suppose. Some believe it's impossible to travel forward in time (at a faster rate than we already do), but it is possible to go back, presumably in a "the past exists, but the future doesn't yet" kinda thing.

In any case, it may be a good thing they didn't investigate the far future (except for trying to tell us what 2005 would look like in 1986), as it doesn't hamper people with their own visions of Cybertronians' futures (not that TF ever had a very steady continuity)

4. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

5. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    The did do an alternate-universe future once in the Devil's Due crossover GI Joe/TF comic series, where Ratchet was a frikkin badass freedom fighter.

6. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

7. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Let's not forget the one where they were helping A3 with his revolution against the Quintessons.

There was time travel through Transformers history. The entirety of Beast Wars was based on it.

But yeah, not so much the future. Which is an interesting concept. But it's always difficult to contemplate what hasn't happened yet, even in fiction.

8. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    I dont know if its so a crazy idea, I mean, look at the "Back to the future" movies. Dr. Brown was able to travel 30 years into the future.
    Now, seeing that idea in Tfs would rock!

9. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    the future autobots are sending out a signal. present day optimusprime
    2007 gets the call, and ratchet somehow locked onto the signal
    and went to the future.. now here's the kicker the autobots arrive
    and the future autobots teamed up with megatron & galvatron and the decpticons
    against a new enemy 1/4 of the autobots and decepticons died... but before they
    left 2007 megatron and decepticons went the the worm hole.. megatron sees himself and galvatron and say by the allspark... 2007 megs trys to kill the future
    megs and galvatron both primes stops him.. sorry if i almost made this into a fanfic

10. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

I am a traveller of both time AND space. The answer is simple, but if I told anyone... The Universe as YOU know it will be striped of its subjectiveness and everyone except you will cease to exist!!!

Sorry Ive been wanting to say that for a while! (Been reading alotta Philip K. Dick lately, Check his stuff out if you never heard of 'em)

On Topic: Any time travelling is always cool!!!

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Forward time travel is awesome, though I guess most 20 minute plots would be the "this is what happens if you do that, now you've got back you can change the past" kind of things. If it was a series wide arc I guess it'd be "we've shown you a future, now you need to figure out what it all means before you can stop it".

I don't mind stories set in the future, but they always seem to drop into one of those two types.